Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go Fund Me etc. Claim to have no money for essentials and are piss poor. Then the following posts are them eating out, in their new hot tub!!!

• Angry
Reactions: 18
The "glow up" videos where girls get lash extensions, fake nails, a blow dry and put tons of makeup.

Girl, you do realize the moment your lash extensions and nails fall off, your blow dry becomes greasy and you wipe off your makeup, you'll revert back to looking the exact same you did at the beginning of the video?

Is there anything real about IG/YouTube girls anymore?
- Eyelash extensions
- Hair extensions
- Fake nails
- Lip fillers
- Fake Tan
- Microbladed eyebrows
- Veneers

Long gone are the candid Bethany Mota days haha.

Glow up from the inside instead would be a good idea.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Funeral footage
Literally photos and videos of the day in there mass
And even worse selfies with everyone at the event like it’s a night out
Last thing I would want to do when I’m burying and saying goodbye to my relative for the last time
Some things should just stay private out of respect to the deceased

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Whenever a local paper/news site has a post or article about someone local who is doing well for themselves and the comment section is full of bitter people saying 'never heard of him'...'who?'

Reactions: 9
Pro-Vax vs Anti-Vax 'debates' on social media. Here is a debating tip for people on both sides - if you condescendingly talk down to the other person like they are a three year old, they will not listen to you, and neither will any fence-sitters observing the conversation. Because it makes you, and other people on your side, look like dicks.

It really is Leave vs Remain all over again, where people are more bothered about getting likes from their side instead of actually convincing anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Honestly… Americans (especially on Reddit)

A lot of the time it’s like they forget that most of the world has access to the internet so this specific experience may not be very American

When it comes to new though…. Ugh. The recent stuff in Afghanistan comes up especially. All of the conversation is on how everything there was a waste of time and how their friends died for no reason which like fair enough, but the majority of the world seems to have known this for a good while. I also just want to see other takes on the story from other people in other countries while also understanding the significance of what is happening

If America is somehow involved in the story it’s always just about the significance to them

Reactions: 3
Funeral footage
Literally photos and videos of the day in there mass
And even worse selfies with everyone at the event like it’s a night out
Last thing I would want to do when I’m burying and saying goodbye to my relative for the last time
Some things should just stay private out of respect to the deceased
The fact that funeral selfies and live streams are a thing now just make me want to die myself, tbh. What a vulgar world people are creating, it's obscene to me.

How have grown adults come to need such constant attention every single day?

Reactions: 15
The fact that funeral selfies and live streams are a thing now just make me want to die myself, tbh. What a vulgar world people are creating, it's obscene to me.

I can understand live streams if the person has friends/family around the world who wouldn't be able to attend in person but... who on earth is doing a selfie?!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Grown adults usally over the age of 30 posting there petty arguments /fights on Facebook like are we still in secondary school. Is it that hard to text someone privately and sort it out

Reactions: 12

There was one yesterday and literally it’s just pages and pages scroll upon scroll of the day
I just couldn’t do it
Why does a bloody funeral need to be all over social media
It’s just so distasteful

Just to note that I get people grieve in different ways but never would it cross my mind to broadcast and put so many pictures and videos of my close relative all over social media and more to the point why they think we want to see it
Strangers or people who don’t even say hello to you if they saw you in town seeing it all
The live stream thing is fine because of covid etc or people/family who can’t make it if they live far away or poor health etc
That’s not my problem
All of the above is

Reactions: 6
When people do those Facebook birthday fundraisers but don’t donate themselves!

Another one…..yes because we all have their booking systems to hand to check!! 🙄🖕

989156FB-EA74-4761-833B-12601C987370.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Honestly… Americans (especially on Reddit)

A lot of the time it’s like they forget that most of the world has access to the internet so this specific experience may not be very American

When it comes to new though…. Ugh. The recent stuff in Afghanistan comes up especially. All of the conversation is on how everything there was a waste of time and how their friends died for no reason which like fair enough, but the majority of the world seems to have known this for a good while. I also just want to see other takes on the story from other people in other countries while also understanding the significance of what is happening

If America is somehow involved in the story it’s always just about the significance to them
Thats because the World revolves around Americans. 1/2 of them dont know where Canada is.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
People talking / posting about Love Island (no one I know personally, but influencers/Vloggers, randomers etc..).

I've never watched this how and never will. Sounds atrocious.

Reactions: 10
People talking / posting about Love Island (no one I know personally, but influencers/Vloggers, randomers etc..).

I've never watched this how and never will. Sounds atrocious.
I've seen so many articles and statements from my uni society on how the behaviour shown is not okay or abusive and it's wild to me that people continue to fawn over it without much critical discussion by the look of it

Reactions: 8
Random strangers/fake profiles that add you on Social Media, yes Kevin from Kent what do we possibly have in common, why are you adding me. We've no mutual friends either, but even if we did I wouldn't, dosen't mean I know them myself. I'm sorry there is too many dodgy people, hardly going to just accept any and everyone.

Just posted on the Plymouth shootings thread but just wanted to share here too that I am literally in the processs of deleting my social media/limiting it to family only…it’s so so dangerous and we’ve let it infiltrate our lives with horrific outcomes ☹ So sick of everything, the fakeness, the fact you just cannot tell what is real and what isn’t anymore, the burning desire for likes (and for what??) I’m just in the bad place with social media atm and we’ve all been taken in by it and it breaks my heart 💔

edited to add, full honesty, even with tattle I get that rush of satisfaction when I see how many likes my posts get, how the hell do you wean yourself off the addiction??
I could have written this! ☺ SM is so very toxic, nothing is real, full of fake photoshopped influencers bragging and showing off making others feel inadequate or young girls thinking "why don't I look like her?"

They don't look like that either! Definitely good to limit time on SM if you can't delete it fully. I think it sometimes has its good points but more often than not gets overshadowed by the bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I’ve a friend on fb who got married 2 weeks ago. From the moment she got engaged it was “6 months until I’m Mrs …” “only 5 months until I walk down the aisle”. Then the few weeks before it was in days “22 days etc”. Then hours. After she got married I thought at least that’s over now. Nope how wrong I was. “4 hours since” “3 days since I became Mrs…”. I’m now at “a fortnight since I said “I do”. Was surprised I didn’t get “6 hours since we shagged”. I’m thinking of unfriending 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I’ve a friend on fb who got married 2 weeks ago. From the moment she got engaged it was “6 months until I’m Mrs …” “only 5 months until I walk down the aisle”. Then the few weeks before it was in days “22 days etc”. Then hours. After she got married I thought at least that’s over now. Nope how wrong I was. “4 hours since” “3 days since I became Mrs…”. I’m now at “a fortnight since I said “I do”. Was surprised I didn’t get “6 hours since we shagged”. I’m thinking of unfriending 🙃
I'd unfollow them at least! Imagine the countdowns if she got pregnant!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.