Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes there are competitions on Facebook (legit ones) where you can win a family ticket to somewhere usually a theme park or the zoo or something. Most of the time you just have to like the post and ‘tag someone you would bring with you’ to enter.

The comments are always hilarious. Literally all you have to do is tag someone in the comments and your name gets put into a hat. Yet people write entire essays on who they would bring and why they should win, posting their life stories on fb for all to see😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
When I worked in the Emergency Department we used to "check in" to work every so often just for the OMG you OK hun posts 😆 Yes, just working 🤭
Lol good 1🤣 but yep hate it when they post pictures laying on the hospital bed obviously fishing for the "omg what happened", you ok hun posts 🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Sometimes there are competitions on Facebook (legit ones) where you can win a family ticket to somewhere usually a theme park or the zoo or something. Most of the time you just have to like the post and ‘tag someone you would bring with you’ to enter.

The comments are always hilarious. Literally all you have to do is tag someone in the comments and your name gets put into a hat. Yet people write entire essays on who they would bring and why they should win, posting their life stories on fb for all to see😅
Or there's those posts that are supposedly from Center Parcs or a BMW dealership who run a "competition" to win a car or a holiday Then a few days later post that the winner hasn't claimed their prize or wasn't old enough to drive so they were going to choose another winner. Cue the gullible idiots liking and sharing the new post. You only have to click the link to see that the page was set up yesterday and there are only 2 posts on it!

Reactions: 9
Or there's those posts that are supposedly from Center Parcs or a BMW dealership who run a "competition" to win a car or a holiday Then a few days later post that the winner hasn't claimed their prize or wasn't old enough to drive so they were going to choose another winner. Cue the gullible idiots liking and sharing the new post. You only have to click the link to see that the page was set up yesterday and there are only 2 posts on it!

yes this!!! There was one doing the rounds to win a new build house and the amount of idiots that I know who were sharing it like yes of course they will give you a £500,000 house 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
yes this!!! There was one doing the rounds to win a new build house and the amount of idiots that I know who were sharing it like yes of course they will give you a £500,000 house 🤣
You always get the ones that say Asda are going to give 500 people a £100 voucher and guaranteed that the person sharing it will write "probably a scam but worth sharing just in case"

What? Would you do that in real life, if a person stood in front of you was trying to scam you in some way? Just stand there and say "well, I don't trust you but duck it, what have I got to lose"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My auntie is the worst for sharing these things then you get those dodgy messages off her because she’s been hacked.
You send her a message saying it’s a scam page and get back “well you never know, got to be in it to win it”
She’s gonna end up in Chat magazine one day with her story of how she’s got fleeced of her life savings by an internet scammer.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
People who clearly failed year 6 reading comprehension as they don’t know the difference between can’t have and won’t have.

Reactions: 8
Those are the best ones😂 there are genuine competitions where the prize is a house but you usually have to pay to enter those as they’re raising money for a charity. You usually don’t enter those via Facebook either!

Reactions: 1
People who go on about dead relatives and mention them at every opportunity for years and years after they’ve passed: when it’s their birthday, the anniversary of their death, the anniversary of their funeral, Christmas, the Black Friday sale etc. Not to sound mean because I know everyone grieves differently, but it gets a bit tiresome after a while. Unfortunately death is a fact of life and most people will lose someone close to them at some point, losing someone close to you doesn’t make you interesting and it’s not a personality trait! It kinda feels like some people revel in the grief and the attention these posts bring. “Happy birthday to my great nan who passed away 50 years ago, you would have been 143 years old today, sorry you can’t be here to celebrate properly, miss you😇💖” When does it end???

Im going to hell I know.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Tiktok trends. I don't know what it is, no social media platform has ever annoyed me the way tiktok does, and the way it has now spread to ig as well. Reels of recycled tiktok videos full of people eye bleeping themselves in the camera while pointing at stupid affirmative texts on the screen... Naff.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Whatever that crap is where someone is making a bed/getting dressed, clicks their ugly fingers & hey presto all done. Also that stupid karate chop to the cushions.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hahaha when it was raining to flood levels around here I saw someone put a pic up that was 3/4 steering wheel and a tiny slither of the downpour going “can’t believe the rain!” 😂

I have a more diverse friendship group since becoming a mum and something I’ve noticed is posting of present hauls……. Dreading that as babys’ birthdays are coming up

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Where are these landlord memes suddenly coming from too , screenshots of messages from peioles landlords doing nice stuff for their tenants , maybe the first ones were real but there seems to be loads lately
These are def pure bullshit for likes :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
These are def pure bullshit for likes :rolleyes:
Yeah deffo , there's a page on twitter called didn't happen of the year awards that calls out tit like this.

The family lockdown Facebook page is the worst for those sort of posts, the crap some people write is unbelievable

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.