Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beast mode,smashed the gym,squat booty and girls who lift don’t look like men. Generally anything bloody booty gains can get in the bin.
whenever I leave the gym I look like a staggering, sweaty mess who could frankly scare young children. Some girls who lift don’t even look human after an hour 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
People who put 'F' or 'Following' on a Facebook post when you can just opt to turn on notifications for the post instead. But if you do turn notifications on, you then get a string of alerts to say that someone has put 'F'. 😖
What is this?! I asked my OH why people were just putting "F" on a post, and he told me it was because someone had died... Is that not the case and they are just following the post?!!

My ex friends insta was just photo after photo after photo of heavily posed, filtered images of her. She even called herself something like the selfie Queen. She got married recently and someone else took some photos of her. Holy duck does she look different, as they are not filtered and angled. Looks completely different. None of these wedding photos made her queen of the selfie page, or fb page... She looks bleeping dreadful. And I don't care if that makes me bitchy, she was an absolute bleep to me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
What is this?! I asked my OH why people were just putting "F" on a post, and he told me it was because someone had died... Is that not the case and they are just following the post?!!

My ex friends insta was just photo after photo after photo of heavily posed, filtered images of her. She even called herself something like the selfie Queen. She got married recently and someone else took some photos of her. Holy duck does she look different, as they are not filtered and angled. Looks completely different. None of these wedding photos made her queen of the selfie page, or fb page... She looks bleeping dreadful. And I don't care if that makes me bitchy, she was an absolute bleep to me.
Yes, it's a post they have an interest in but don't have anything of note to add themselves, so they put F to get notifications when someone comments. When they could just opt to turn on notifications and not look like a div.

Re your second point, not bitchy at all. I love looking at the state of some of my former peers/school bullies :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Had to jump on to say girls who take selfies of them and their boyfriend then use a makeup/smooth skin/glow up filter (Instagram) - so the boyfriend also looks like he is wearing make up 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Dhar Mann videos.
I don’t like his page. I never watch his annoying badly acted videos. WHY do they keep showing up on my feed???
Same here.....those videos are APPAULING and the amount of comments he gets are ridiculous😏😏

Reactions: 2
I can't stand those like-farming viral posts that make a stupid inflammatory statement like "99% of people won't even have been to 10 of these countries - comment how many you've been to" or "All women with these names [insert names from gullible mid-50s demographic] are amazing grandmothers - tag urselves".

Absolutely idiotic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I can't stand those like-farming viral posts that make a stupid inflammatory statement like "99% of people won't even have been to 10 of these countries - comment how many you've been to" or "All women with these names [insert names from gullible mid-50s demographic] are amazing grandmothers - tag urselves".

Absolutely idiotic.
I saw one the other day, something like ‘I complained about feeling hot then I remembered I’m not in Afghanistan with 20kg of kit of my back in full combat uniform so I stopped complaining about the heat’ so we cant even complain about being hot now???? Massive respect to the forces but come on now that’s reaching 🥴 usually shared by someone who’s never had a job/even helped his own grandmother let alone helped his country

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Comment sections that look like this:

Ya lil spice

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Insaneeeeeeee

Unreallllll

Rocket 🚀

Sit on my face

That looks delicious

Give the rest of us a chance

My wifeeee

Your insaneeee

Okay it's making me feel a bit sick now :sick: Please add more if you think of them.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

Absolutely idiotic.
These are quite useful in a way - as when people on my friends list interact with them, I know to immediately remove them 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who:

A) post about a found cat that looks in good shape and only comes to their door because they get food. It’s probably not lost and just taking advantage of you, stick a paper collar on and see if the owners get in touch… or just keep feeding it/let it be

B) posts about a found cat that has turned up to their garden or has been there more frequently but has a collar and otherwise looks in good shape. It’s probably fine

I understand that some of these cats may genuinely be missing, but more often than not the cat is just there to be there

Reactions: 11
Please tell me there are really people in the world who don't know "F to pay respects" is a meme and actually post it on posts about someone having died 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm sick of seeing ads for things that my friends have liked or interacted with on Facebook. I'm friends with my old form tutor from school and I keep seeing posts from an underwear company that sells ladies boxer shorts, along with the comments from her about how amazingly comfy they are 😳

• Haha
Middle aged men thinking they have perfected their 'selfie' face, assuming they think they look like a gangster out of a Guy Ritchie film; and their feed is full of this face in different situations. Behind the wheel of the car, laid on the sofa, out and about etc etc. Just Stop It! You look ridiculous!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I saw one the other day, something like ‘I complained about feeling hot then I remembered I’m not in Afghanistan with 20kg of kit of my back in full combat uniform so I stopped complaining about the heat’ so we cant even complain about being hot now???? Massive respect to the forces but come on now that’s reaching 🥴 usually shared by someone who’s never had a job/even helped his own grandmother let alone helped his country
I remember that one doing the rounds at Christmas just after Boris had done his Christmas is basically off speech.
Telling people not to be upset Christmas is cancelled as the people in the trenches didn’t have a tv.
No disrespect to anyone that’s served or serving in the forces but this country really does have an unhealthy obsession with wars.
It’s always the same ones too like Martin your grandad was two what would you know about the glory days of 1942?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This is ur sign to have a picnic in the park, go to this place for the vibes etc 🙄 wouldn't be that bad if my best mate didn't insist on sending or tagging me in multiple every day

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I remember that one doing the rounds at Christmas just after Boris had done his Christmas is basically off speech.
Telling people not to be upset Christmas is cancelled as the people in the trenches didn’t have a tv.
No disrespect to anyone that’s served or serving in the forces but this country really does have an unhealthy obsession with wars.
It’s always the same ones too like Martin your grandad was two what would you know about the glory days of 1942?
I’m not British but this country’s obsession with veterans and army employees honestly just confuses me

It’s like a part of the country never really got over the world wars and has to keep mentioning them in relation to anything that happens, talking about it in general, or sees it as a reason to join the army themselves when they’re 16… just confusing

~~

People who post about their dead grandparents every once in a while. I just don’t understand why you can’t grieve in peace and not share it with the whole of Facebook???

Had to jump on to say girls who take selfies of them and their boyfriend then use a makeup/smooth skin/glow up filter (Instagram) - so the boyfriend also looks like he is wearing make up 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
When the fella looks like he's got a pair of eyelashes on 🤣

• Haha
Yep when did gender reveal parties become a thing over here? It might be an unpopular opinion but they're pretty wank. I assume they'll be having a baby shower too a few months later, "must have several parties to celebrate me me me, I mean the baby".....
Further to your post I saw this gem doing the rounds. I feel sorry for people who feel isolated and overwhelmed after birth but exactly where does this madness end is my question.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.