Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"What I eat in a day" posts or videos. How does this pass for content?

Agree on the Israel Palestine conflict. Its not so much that the information that is incorrect, its the weird pile on effect on social media. A bit depressing that people are so unaware of very serious world issues until they hit the gram. I have a degree in Politics and did my dissertation in the politics of divided societies and love to talk politics and in the past issues like this have been met with "Oh thats so serious" or "Why would we know about that?" when trying to discuss them in real life conversations. Now these same people are literal experts based on a few insta posts.

Reactions: 15
This is probably top of my list of rage inducing pish on social media. You can bet it's usually from someone who is an absolute thundercunt to everyone and posts ridiculous amounts of vaguebooking attention seeking shite.
After Caroline flack's death, Mark Wright spouting the 'be kind' bullshit and giving a woke preachy sermon on his radio show after the mental and emotional abuse he put his ex girlfriend through plus his misogynistic behaviour towards other women.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
After Caroline flack's death, Mark Wright spouting the 'be kind' bullshit and giving a woke preachy sermon on his radio show after the mental and emotional abuse he put his ex girlfriend through plus his misogynistic behaviour towards other women.
Disgusting.

I see it from folk I know too. I lost my son recently and got a comment (to my face) from someone about how he was a waste of space anyway and I shouldn't be upset. Next day that same bleep was posting #BeKind memes and boy did I let rip.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
The ones who jump on the 'traumatic labour/birth' band wagon over dramatising events. Either they nearly died during labour or the baby nearly died. Everything was touch and go because they didn't think they'd make it as their blood pressure dipped to a dangerous level and they baby was rushed to special care, yet two weeks after being at deaths door they're on the front cover of Ok magazine both looking the picture of health.

Reactions: 16
Those posts on Facebook that say things like “I challenge you to write a word in English with three As” or “No one can write a name that starts and ends with the letter E. Prove me wrong” or “Show me a woman who can be alone with her partner’s phone and not scroll through his messages”. How about you just stop attention seeking or trying to up your comments?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just seen a post of an old guy in Wetherspoons and with it was some spiel about how this woman noticed he couldn’t work the app on his phone, so she helped him by ordering his drinks and then chatting to him, apparently he hadn’t spoken to anyone in a year, we should make the effort to help the elderly bla bla bla.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice thing to do but this is the same as when people make a show of helping a homeless person. They don’t exist to make you look good on Facebook, taking pictures or videos and writing a sob story on Facebook that they probably didn’t agree to you posting is so ghoulish. People should help others because it’s the right thing to do, not because it makes them look good on social media.

Reactions: 26
Just seen a post of an old guy in Wetherspoons and with it was some spiel about how this woman noticed he couldn’t work the app on his phone, so she helped him by ordering his drinks and then chatting to him, apparently he hadn’t spoken to anyone in a year, we should make the effort to help the elderly bla bla bla.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice thing to do but this is the same as when people make a show of helping a homeless person. They don’t exist to make you look good on Facebook, taking pictures or videos and writing a sob story on Facebook that they probably didn’t agree to you posting is so ghoulish. People should help others because it’s the right thing to do, not because it makes them look good on social media.
Yep, that one is getting shared to death this morning. What annoys me is that we don't even know if the spiel/story is true, or if the guy even knew he was having his picture taken as he's not even looking at the camera. Have they took the pic on the sly? Is it all just one big made-up virtue signal? Maybe it's actually their own grandad and they're all in on it together for the 'Gram :LOL:

"What a grateful old man" it says. Such a lucky guy to have you there to document his helplessness for all the world to see.

Reactions: 12
“Face behind the account” posts 🤮 Always followed by an essay of a caption. There was one yesterday and her page was full of selfies. I think all the Fabulosa fumes are seeing off their remaining brain cells.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I'll be honest and say I have posted about helping homeless on FB. We have a couple of local homeless lads and they are lovely. One time chatting to one, he said how much he missed home cooked food. It was around November time last year and I did a shout out to see if any local friends wanted to take it in turns with me to cook a bit extra in the evenings so that they had a hot meal over the cold winter months. And it worked. I didn't want to message people directly in case they felt obliged to help when they may not have been in the position to do so. This was the only post I made though, we didn't make any song or dance about feeding the lads over winter.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Memes/pages I can’t relate to. Idk why but on my explore page on insta there’s loads of annoying meme pages and a lot of make me cringe. “are you even a girl if you don’t do this” “crazy exes be like” I can’t think of any examples right now but think Tik Tok comedy! 🤢

or when someone tags you in something that’s not funny 😆

I’ve recently deleted my insta app for a break

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I do agree although this one should’ve been made public in a way, it needs to be brought to attention that places like that, where older people do visit and do not have a smartphone or know to use one other than to call/text are being singled out. It made me sad that one

I do agree about filming though, there’s a difference to bringing light to a situation and bragging

Reactions: 3
I'll be honest and say I have posted about helping homeless on FB. We have a couple of local homeless lads and they are lovely. One time chatting to one, he said how much he missed home cooked food. It was around November time last year and I did a shout out to see if any local friends wanted to take it in turns with me to cook a bit extra in the evenings so that they had a hot meal over the cold winter months. And it worked. I didn't want to message people directly in case they felt obliged to help when they may not have been in the position to do so. This was the only post I made though, we didn't make any song or dance about feeding the lads over winter.
But that’s different, you’re putting a direct plea for help alongside an action you’ve taken. You’re not just showing off about the good deed you did for the day expecting lots of glory from your friends/followers. You’re using social media for how it should be used - creating a community!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As addition the comments already made here regarding Palestinian. I’m 2000% sick of under 25’s (but mostly jumped up teenagers. Usually hiding behind a kpop or anime aviator) who think they’re the second coming of Jesus Christ himself because they’re retweeting and posting about world
events. Especially ongoing deep rooted ones such as police brutality in the US and currently Palestine.

They way they pile on and DM influencers/celebrities is vile. They talk down to them in such a patronising manner forgetting that some of these people are often 10+ years older than them. (If I had spoken or messaged someone i the way some of these kids have I would get my internet privileges taken away)

I’m sick of their attitude that a person is uneducated/ignorant/“ist”/“phobe”/unaware etc because they’ve not put something on their socials. When generations of people managed to care and be aware of world events without the need to post all over the internet and @kpopanimelover25 being a patronising twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
As addition the comments already made here regarding Palestinian. I’m 2000% sick of under 25’s (but mostly jumped up teenagers. Usually hiding behind a kpop or anime aviator) who think they’re the second coming of Jesus Christ himself because they’re retweeting and posting about world
events. Especially ongoing deep rooted ones such as police brutality in the US and currently Palestine.

They way they pile on and DM influencers/celebrities is vile. They talk down to them in such a patronising manner forgetting that some of these people are often 10+ years older than them. (If I had spoken or messaged someone i the way some of these kids have I would get my internet privileges taken away)

I’m sick of their attitude that a person is uneducated/ignorant/“ist”/“phobe”/unaware etc because they’ve not put something on their socials. When generations of people managed to care and be aware of world events without the need to post all over the internet and @kpopanimelover25 being a patronising twit.
Tattle are spying on us :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Its all a right load of old guff , in my opinion, virtue-signalling. Lots online comes from organisations trolling/posting on social media, under some psydonymn to make out that its a member of the public doing it, etc
I remember similar stories bandied about concerning kindly middle eastern taxi drivers in new york , along a similar vein, after the 11th of September terrorist attacks, its been going on for 20 years

Reactions: 5
I’m seeing it a little less now, but when people post a bit of a rant or an opinion, or a reply and end it with ‘simples’. Those meerkat adverts have ruined everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m seeing it a little less now, but when people post a bit of a rant or an opinion, or a reply and end it with ‘simples’. Those meerkat adverts have ruined everything.
'Simples' is right up there with 'just sayin' and 'end of' as the most eye-roll way to end a social media post. Bonus points if they spell it as 'end off'.

Anyone who puts 'just sayin', I can almost hear them doing that self-congratulatory sniff after they've finished typing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I do agree although this one should’ve been made public in a way, it needs to be brought to attention that places like that, where older people do visit and do not have a smartphone or know to use one other than to call/text are being singled out. It made me sad that one

I do agree about filming though, there’s a difference to bringing light to a situation and bragging
Yes totally agree, older people don’t always know what to do with various apps and stuff. I’m 30, reasonably tech savvy or so I thought, and even I’m confused with all the different social media platforms these days so I can’t imagine what it’s like to be elderly and have no clue what a Wetherspoons app is but not being able to buy a drink without it!

It’s the picture that didn’t sit right with me, it just looks like it was taken without his knowledge and his life story has been put online for all to see. I guess I can only hope that he did actually give his permission as it seems to have gone crazy viral since, but if that were the case why not get a nice photo of him facing the camera?

But that’s different, you’re putting a direct plea for help alongside an action you’ve taken. You’re not just showing off about the good deed you did for the day expecting lots of glory from your friends/followers. You’re using social media for how it should be used - creating a community!
Agree it’s different when you’re actually being proactive to help someone and not just patting yourself on the back.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.