Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might just be on my Twitter feed but I'm sick to death of people referencing that Daniel Craig 'ladies and gents, the weekend' video - especially when it's just a video of them saying the line to the camera. I genuinely don't understand how it's funny after the first time, and it's downright cringeworthy 😭
I seen that this morning someone quote tweeted it with 🤣🤣🤣, I was rather confused?

Reactions: 2
It's almost as if kindness doesn't exist unless it's filmed and put on facebook
It’s almost as if NO part of some people’s lives exist unless it’s on the Internet. If you didn’t post photos of your walk, your dinner, your trip to the supermarket, your tv as you watched a program, your Amazon delivery, your outfit, did it really happen?!?

Reactions: 24
I get so fed up with Facebook sometimes that I genuinely feel like ‘unfollowing’ my entire friends list. There are some useful groups on there which I frequent so wouldn’t want to delete fb completely, but also don’t want the drama of people (actual friends and family rather than people I haven’t spoken to in 10 years) asking me why I unfriended them. The other thing is that I do like to nose and see what people are up to occasionally, but don’t want it in my face every time I log on, if that even makes sense. Sometimes I want to read something on one of my groups and on my way there I get bombarded with Julie documenting her 100,000th trip to the park with her kids as if she’s the only parent ever to take their kids to the park. I guess that kind of defeats the point of Facebook really but I feel like I’d enjoy it more.
I have been an avid Facebook user since 2007. I would use it everyday, without fail. I would check it every 10 mins. I have been contemplating deleting it but for the last few months but always felt I wanted to still be involved & not miss anything, particularly with my groups I’m in, especially baby groups. However, the final straw was seeing a passive aggressive message about me from a family member. I was so wound up and thought, if I didn’t see this, I wouldn’t be bothered? I deleted it about 3/4 weeks ago. Not been tempted to return once. I use IG now but I don’t have anyone on there that I don’t want. I follow celebs mostly. It takes 30-60 days to break a habit and I think my facebook habit might have gone now and I genuinely believe I am happier for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Wellness coaches
agreed, especially because my job is health coaching (not a fad one, Ive been employed by the nhs and other organisations and have the correct qualifications lol). I always think when I tell someone my job role that they will assume I’m one of these ‘hubs’ who became a wellness coach by doing a 1 day course on utter rubbish!!

Reactions: 5
Instagram message requests like “hey hun, how are you? I was just reaching out to see if youd be interested in this great deal I have atm, let me know if you want more info 🥰❤🌸😍

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People who film themselves giving money or food to the homeless.

Urgh yeah...and they try and excuse it with "Just wanted to raise awareness about this cause..." Bollocks. You just want everyone to see what a wonderful person you are and wait for all the comments to fly in telling you how great you are. duck off.

I'm also sick of food stories with bloody Justin Biebers Yummy playing in the background.

Over filtered pictures of girls with shiny skin and inflated lips looking like blow up dolls and people commenting "Glow up!" "Peng!" "Beaut"

"So and so checked in at....hospital/AnE...."

Long winded boring status about how last year has been a self discovery, and how they've lost 22 stone, left a bad relationship and come out stronger and now happier than they've ever been... Tedious and attention seeking.

Inbox messages from old friends you haven't spoken to in donkey years that have starting some boring selling scheme trying to palm beauty products to you. The messages usually start with "How lovely!!! How are you?!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
People who post photos or videos of their children every single day on SM. It’s so boring, we get it - you’re a parent, nobody cares!!!

Reactions: 16
May the 4th be with you, and all the other tedious Star Wars stuff that’s been done to death.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.