Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if this has been mentioned but putting a picture up on Facebook of a debit / credit cards youā€™ve found showing the card number, expiry date, full name and potentially sort code and account number! I get people want to be helpful but itā€™s a bank card, just cut it up and youā€™ve done your good deed by not going on a spending spree like some people would! Alternatively pop it in to a local branch of the bank or finally maybe message people with the same name asking if theyā€™ve lost a debit card but donā€™t give details such as which bank it is so you can ask them some information to ensure itā€™s back to the right person!! So many people are posting pics of them in local groups. If it was my bank card I would be cancelling straight away so thereā€™s no point in loads of strangers on the internet trying to return it and everyone seeing my card details, Iā€™ve seen loads posted in a local group recently which has about 30 members!
Oops I meant 30k members!!

People posting photos of their babies with mashed up food around their mouths and in their hands. Itā€™s disgusting.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
People posting photos of their babies with mashed up food around their mouths and in their hands. Itā€™s disgusting.
Canā€™t stand it. Iā€™ve got so many pictures of my daughter covered in food. Would not inflict that on another person! Itā€™s for me to laugh at

Also people who post pictures of babies teeth coming in šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢ and you can see right up their snotty noses šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

• Sick
Reactions: 11
The phrase ā€œeducate yourselfā€ when used in a patronising manner usually by someone hiding behind an anime aviator who think theyā€™re amazing and saving the world from all its wrongs because they shared a petition thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The phrase ā€œeducate yourselfā€ when used in a patronising manner usually by someone hiding behind an anime aviator who think theyā€™re amazing and saving the world from all its wrongs because they shared a petition thread.
Probably the same types who uses the phrase 'Sheeple'. That really pisses me off for some reason.

Reactions: 13
Also, sharing petitions in general, when probably about 0.1% of them have any effect whatsoever.

Or when someone shares one and all it says is 'Please sign and share'. Tell me what it's about please before I decide to ignore it anyway.

Last edited:
Scottish people will get this. I DO NOT CARE FOR 40 DIFFERENT PICTURES OF YOU AND YOUR WEIRD PAL FROM WORK UP ANOTHER MUNRO.

• Haha
So Iā€™ve seen this post on my social media and I wanted to summarise it and see what other people think of it.

Iā€™ve seen someone complaining about how theyā€™re in hospital with their child (not sure if both parents are allowed in or whether itā€™s just one) and that theyā€™re not being given a ā€œdecent mealā€.

I donā€™t know whether Iā€™m in the minority here - but I donā€™t understand why this person expects the hospital to feed them when they are not the patient? I do understand why they may be upset/stressed out and not wanting to leave their child - but is it really worth moaning about it on Facebook when hospital staff have had a year of non-stop stress?

Reactions: 21
So Iā€™ve seen this post on my social media and I wanted to summarise it and see what other people think of it.

Iā€™ve seen someone complaining about how theyā€™re in hospital with their child (not sure if both parents are allowed in or whether itā€™s just one) and that theyā€™re not being given a ā€œdecent mealā€.

I donā€™t know whether Iā€™m in the minority here - but I donā€™t understand why this person expects the hospital to feed them when they are not the patient? I do understand why they may be upset/stressed out and not wanting to leave their child - but is it really worth moaning about it on Facebook when hospital staff have had a year of non-stop stress?
Could they not get a family member or friend to bring them some food? Also when is hospital food ever a decent meal?

Reactions: 2
Could they not get a family member or friend to bring them some food? Also when is hospital food ever a decent meal?
Someone else said that when they were in hospital with their child thatā€™s what they did and the original poster said that it wasnā€™t fair? Iā€™d just be grateful that my child was being well looked after. I wouldnā€™t expect nurses to be running around looking for food when thereā€™s a simple solution

Please like my raffle page
Add your friends to my raffle page
Why arenā€™t people playing my raffles?
Someone reported my raffle page

• Haha
Oh I love this thread. I have so many!!! People saying "good time had by all.". Did you ask every single person? Or are just talking for yourself. Maybe they all had an absolute shite time.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not read the full thread so Iā€™m sure most or all of this has been said but here is my list:

Every fucker on Instagram creating a separate ā€˜homeā€™ account and all posting the exact same stuff as each other (for example, I used to like herringbone flooring but now Iā€™m sick of the sight of it). I donā€™t mind some of the actual home accounts that have always been home accounts and are actually creative.

Reels/TikToks/etc where the person pulls ridiculous faces and points to pointless captions that pop up in time with the music.

ā€˜Hereā€™s what I eat in a dayā€™ videos posted by slim, toned women who apparently get away with eating loads.

Pictures of awful fake claw nails which just look like theyā€™ll get grubby as duck. Even worse if said nails are being filmed pulling apart some kind of food item.

Anything that gets shared constantly - someone on here mentioned the picture of the Queen on her own at the funeral as an example. Yes itā€™s a sad photo but do I need to see it 600 times in a day?

Everyone in the world setting up a candle business and all saying in their bio that theyā€™re CLP compliant and that the candles are hand poured.

These two emojis - šŸ¤ŖšŸ™ƒ

Thatā€™s all for now.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Scottish people will get this. I DO NOT CARE FOR 40 DIFFERENT PICTURES OF YOU AND YOUR WEIRD PAL FROM WORK UP ANOTHER MUNRO.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ absolutely

I donā€™t like people who a year since that start of covid no longer are polite or nice just down right rude, they communicate on social media in the same way that they do to there loved ones whilst locked up with the poor sods, and get away with (particularly women seem to be guilty) some of what is spouted is vile
We all need a good kick up the arse

Heartless trigger warning..

When people post the anniversary of their loved one's death every year and how much they miss them.
Everyone can only reply with šŸ˜¢,šŸ™,ā¤, thinking of you.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Heartless trigger warning..

When people post the anniversary of their loved one's death every year and how much they miss them.
Everyone can only reply with šŸ˜¢,šŸ™,ā¤, thinking of you.
I have a family member who does this for both sets of grand parents (one of whom died nearly thirty years ago when she was three) her aunty (died seventeen years ago), even the family dog (dead nearly twenty years). Always accompanied by the same awful photos and sentimental words about what wonderful people/dogs they all were and how life has never been the same since and all her huns commenting thinking of you, so sorry, he/she/it would be so proud of you šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

Reactions: 15
Some I donā€™t mind, everyone has their own way of expressing grief. I agree that some are posted by attention seekers.

Saying that, all of SM is for attention seeking purposes!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Dunno if itā€™s been said but people who post there work out in there frontroom sped up for us to all endure
Because obviously you just telling us that you done the workout wasnā€™t enough

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.