Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dunno if it’s been said but people who post there work out in there frontroom sped up for us to all endure
Because obviously you just telling us that you done the workout wasn’t enough
Reminds me of people who post those running pics where half is the route they ran and the other half is their sweaty face with their time underneath. I just think to myself nobody cares you ran around the field full of cow tit up the road

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Reminds me of people who post those running pics where half is the route they ran and the other half is their sweaty face with their time underneath. I just think to myself nobody cares you ran around the field full of cow tit up the road
Related anecdote; When I ran in my first half marathon I posted a pic on social media on the morning, got a couple of people laughing and saying how could I run 13 miles with no training? Erm, no, I trained, I just didn't post about it, for who the duck cares about that?!

There was one a few years ago where people posted themselves doing 10 push-ups each day for a week with some nonsense story attach to it. Ergh. I don't care!

Reactions: 15
Dunno if it’s been said but people who post there work out in there frontroom sped up for us to all endure
I came to this thread to say exactly that! A few of my friends have been doing this, and it will get worse now the gyms are open. Snoozed for 30 days!

Reactions: 10
It’s when they do it every single day as well - their daily 10am yoga session and work out. Yes we all know that you do daily workout and yoga - you don’t need to keep telling us.

Reactions: 5
It’s when they do it every single day as well - their daily 10am yoga session and work out. Yes we all know that you do daily workout and yoga - you don’t need to keep telling us.
Someone I know does this and every single time without fail puts "if you don't like it don't watch it but I will continue posting this because it makes ME feel good". Ok hun.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Someone I know does this and every single time without fail puts "if you don't like it don't watch it but I will continue posting this because it makes ME feel good". Ok hun.
Don't forget the post work-out smoothie shot! 'They've earnt it' lolololol!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Also, sharing petitions in general, when probably about 0.1% of them have any effect whatsoever.

Or when someone shares one and all it says is 'Please sign and share'. Tell me what it's about please before I decide to ignore it anyway.
I got banned from a Facebook group for querying a petition that this person shared. She claimed she ‘only shared it’. Yes, but you must believe in it, why are you sharing it? What’s it purpose? Why do you believe in it? Apparently I was bullying her. duck off

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Last week I had to call 999 for my baby and ride in an ambulance with him to hospital (he is fine it was croup.)

But now more than ever I don't understand how people can be thinking about taking photos of their child, posting to social media and checking in at the hospital. I took one photo of him asleep on the bed to send to my husband the baby was fine, I didn't think to mention it on social media even when we were discharged.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I have a family member who does this for both sets of grand parents (one of whom died nearly thirty years ago when she was three) her aunty (died seventeen years ago), even the family dog (dead nearly twenty years). Always accompanied by the same awful photos and sentimental words about what wonderful people/dogs they all were and how life has never been the same since and all her huns commenting thinking of you, so sorry, he/she/it would be so proud of you 🤢🤢🤢
I have a mate on FB who posts pics of some dead old actor ( for example) no-one can remember and puts something like ' he/she would have been 109 this year' 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

No , they wouldnt have been. Theyd be dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
People who were on holiday several years ago and say " remember what a great holiday" it's just a) showing off the experience you had b) it's boring because we aren't connected to it c) no one cares about your holiday slides (again) d) move on, get over it, don't share it (again and again..) e).boring f) boring

Might just be on my Twitter feed but I'm sick to death of people referencing that Daniel Craig 'ladies and gents, the weekend' video - especially when it's just a video of them saying the line to the camera. I genuinely don't understand how it's funny after the first time, and it's downright cringeworthy 😭

Reactions: 3
I get so fed up with Facebook sometimes that I genuinely feel like ‘unfollowing’ my entire friends list. There are some useful groups on there which I frequent so wouldn’t want to delete fb completely, but also don’t want the drama of people (actual friends and family rather than people I haven’t spoken to in 10 years) asking me why I unfriended them. The other thing is that I do like to nose and see what people are up to occasionally, but don’t want it in my face every time I log on, if that even makes sense. Sometimes I want to read something on one of my groups and on my way there I get bombarded with Julie documenting her 100,000th trip to the park with her kids as if she’s the only parent ever to take their kids to the park. I guess that kind of defeats the point of Facebook really but I feel like I’d enjoy it more.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I get so fed up with Facebook sometimes that I genuinely feel like ‘unfollowing’ my entire friends list. There are some useful groups on there which I frequent so wouldn’t want to delete fb completely, but also don’t want the drama of people (actual friends and family rather than people I haven’t spoken to in 10 years) asking me why I unfriended them. The other thing is that I do like to nose and see what people are up to occasionally, but don’t want it in my face every time I log on, if that even makes sense. Sometimes I want to read something on one of my groups and on my way there I get bombarded with Julie documenting her 100,000th trip to the park with her kids as if she’s the only parent ever to take their kids to the park. I guess that kind of defeats the point of Facebook really but I feel like I’d enjoy it more.
I find Facebook mentally exhausting. So I completely understand, and yes it’s mostly my family’s post that irritate me the most. Also I dislike the absolute brown nosing that goes on in comments when you know the person leaving them can’t stand the person posting and actually moans about them and their postings on the regular. Grrrrrr 😤

Have to say am glad I don't have Facebook hated it when shown it years ago as invited to join it. Its crap that you get this crap about unfollowing someone if you want to. On twitter you can mute people so don't see them but if you want to can still have a nosy at their account. Not sure if on Facebook??

Reactions: 4
I find Facebook mentally exhausting. So I completely understand, and yes it’s mostly my family’s post that irritate me the most. Also I dislike the absolute brown nosing that goes on in comments when you know the person leaving them can’t stand the person posting and actually moans about them and their postings on the regular. Grrrrrr 😤
Yes to all this! So much fakery, I haven’t made a post on my profile since Christmas because I feel like I can’t bring myself to be part of that anymore. I barely interact with anyone’s posts either really apart from the odd like. I don’t need to post pics of my life to feel good about myself (which was the case for me previously). I now worry less about what people think because I’m putting less of my life out there for scrutiny, photos I take are for the family photo album rather than for Facebook or Instagram, it’s kind of freeing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I only use FB now for fb groups, interests and hobbies. Ive unfollowed all family / friends so although we are all connected, dont see any of their posts on my timeline, only the groups or pages Im a member of.
Much better!!! 😀

Reactions: 9
I have zero regrets leaving Facebook (and also Instagram) and to prove I made the right decision, a family member, who never ever asks how I am or bothers with me, has accused me of blocking them on Facebook to other family members...nope it’s not personal to you, I’ve deactivated my account because I can’t be dealing with other people’s neuroses anymore. I also couldn’t care less who’s just taken their kids to the dentist or who’s just been for a walk round the park again. I really do have a sense of “freedom” after leaving those two platforms, if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ll be honest and say that I used to be glued to Facebook when I was younger and now I’ve grown out of it and rarely post and given the occasional like. I feel it has become someone’s bragging space and I’m just not into it.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.