Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Babies with food slobbered all over their gobs. I deleted a girl I went to school with on Facebook the other day because she started weaning her baby and everyday since bang on 12 there's a picture of him uploaded with whatever he's eating all over his grid 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Babies with food slobbered all over their gobs. I deleted a girl I went to school with on Facebook the other day because she started weaning her baby and everyday since bang on 12 there's a picture of him uploaded with whatever he's eating all over his grid 🤢
I've always hated this in tv and magazine ads... I remember Sainsbury's a couple of years ago had 10 foot high sepia toned posters up in their stores of arty model posed shots of families eating, and one was a kid trying to look cutesy with chocolate smeared all over his face and trying to lick it off his nose or something 🤢 - and it was worse because the kid was about 7 or 8, not a baby or a toddler. Gave me the rage and me feel sick whenever I went in.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I hate these pics of kids with a card 1 week old, 2 weeks old etc...duck sake what's wrong with once a year?
I have a friend who sends us these photos everytime they reach a new week/month and it pisses me right off. The only people who care about these are the parents, keep them to yourselves 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Think its really what I'd call hypochondriacs is the term for some people noticed least one person claiming they have some illness and/or condition when they blatantly havent

Not playing the victim here (as well are plenty of other sites I use one thats amazing jpouch.org though not even on there is always just with friends) was diagnosed with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP yeah.... lol) causes inevitable bowel cancer if typically the large bowel isnt removed,I say typically due to that being usually the organ thats affected, can cause at times other things to happen even a slight increase risk of thyroid cancer as well but its not major though.

Have had 3 surgeries (ones where yeah have gone invasive as such like open surgery, what I have now is a J Pouch and finally got to the bottom of whats been causing me issues with it which has been pure hell to be quite honest, was even contemplating last week of going back to a stoma yeah and trying to talk myself out of it

Was purely due to being underweight have sometimes fatigue issues that cause me to fall asleep obviously missing meals which yeah makes my weight loss worse thats blatantly obvious, so yeah just been piling on the food as much as I can and finally everything's working out now haha, feel honestly like doing cart wheels across the floor finally get some peace without having to use the toilet every time I eat

Heck forbid anyone of those people claims x condition they have or whatever has any actual health problem as I'd never wish this on anyone EVER!!!

Back in about think was 2014 (to be honest was a bit of a blur) was contemplating suicide, was a complete mental break down yeah.... got help with that, thing is didnt want to phone anyone cause i didnt want anyone talking me out of it at the time but something made me want to phone NHS direct who put me straight through to the crisis team and yeah calmed down at the time lot

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
This newish fad of instagram reels ie a photo/clip montage set to music. The one that’s annoying me now is the one called ‘what I mean when I say I’m from (insert city/country name)’ and it is set to usually the song Somebody To Love and not the Jefferson Airplane/Boogie Pimps one but some annoying breathy cover. The parody videos of them showing tit places are better though!

Reactions: 5
Morons having spaghetti bolognaise for dinner spelling it as "spag bowl" on their story 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Morons having spaghetti bolognaise for dinner spelling it as "spag bowl" on their story 🥴
I always see this mentioned on threads and discussions like this, but I've never actually seen it in real life. Every day I hope to see my first ever 'spag bowl'. I'm spoilt for choice on my feeds for people who are either 'discusted' or 'fumming' though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I always see this mentioned on threads and discussions like this, but I've never actually seen it in real life. Every day I hope to see my first ever 'spag bowl'. I'm spoilt for choice on my feeds for people who are either 'discusted' or 'fumming' though 😂
fumming for u hun, hope u get 2 see a spag bowl soon xo

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm sorry if this is triggering for anyone, but I really cannot abide when I read that someone has passed away and the person writes 'they have lost their battle with cancer' - it's undermining, it's disempowering and just downright rude. It really riles me!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm sorry if this is triggering for anyone, but I really cannot abide when I read that someone has passed away and the person writes 'they have lost their battle with cancer' - it's undermining, it's disempowering and just downright rude. It really riles me!
The problem is what other way can you say it? would 'has died of cancer' be more preferable?

Reactions: 3
The problem is what other way can you say it? would 'has died of cancer' be more preferable?
According to Macmillan, yes, this is what most people would prefer.

A close friend of mine has cancer. It was caught too late, spread too far and it will kill her. There's no amount of battling she can do that will help her situation, but she is living it extremely bravely and is doing magnificently despite her circumstances. Why would I then belittle her by writing that 'she lost her battle'? It's so alien to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
According to Macmillan, yes, this is what most people would prefer.

A close friend of mine has cancer. It was caught too late, spread too far and it will kill her. There's no amount of battling she can do that will help her situation, but she is living it extremely bravely and is doing magnificently despite her circumstances. Why would I then belittle her by writing that 'she lost her battle'? It's so alien to me!
I agree. It annoys me too. Died or passed away from sounds correct, to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Girls I went to school with thinking their an influenza with 2,000 followers and a “gifted” highlight with loads of shite they got given and doing polls on their stories like anyone gives a duck. What are you doing 😭😭😭

Reactions: 13
Random acts of kindness. Especially planned ones that have no randomness to them at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
People putting the laughing emoji at the most mundane things like teeth whitening adverts. Get a grip.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.