Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't got kids and doubt I'll ever will with all the horror birth stories everyone seems obliged to post now!!! Does no one have a drama free birth anymore?! The z-list reality stars started it, now regular folk on SM's are following suit. If you didn't have a traumatic birth did you even give birth at all? lololololol

I also hate people commenting if the baby is a 'whopper' and ooohing that they came naturally without a c-sect. It's a back handed compliment imo, you're implying so much!!!
I wouldn’t let them put you off! Crazy isn’t it, if I told you my positive birth story I’d be no better than them but listen, it was ok!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
People posting a picture of their kid and saying one little chunky one. Stop fat shaming your baby!

The phrase 'lovely day for it'

A pic of a mountain .. 'lovely day for it'
A pic of a couple in front of a mountain .. 'lovely day for it'
A pic of a bevvy 'lovely day for it'

For WHAT

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thought of another one.
#nofilter
Fake tan, fake lashes, hair extensions, Botox, filler, full face of slap but yep, #nofilter

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The word “hack” and the people who think they are genuinely revolutionary because they suggest you should get a bin for your car so it doesn’t get messy, or some other equally obvious “top tip” that most people have been doing forever.

See also “haul”. It reminds me of when I was a kid and would go clothes shopping, then come home and make my family watch a ‘fashion show’ of me putting the outfits on. They weren’t really interested then, and I’m not interested now in seeing grown adults show off what they can afford to buy!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The word “hack” and the people who think they are genuinely revolutionary because they suggest you should get a bin for your car so it doesn’t get messy, or some other equally obvious “top tip” that most people have been doing forever.

See also “haul”. It reminds me of when I was a kid and would go clothes shopping, then come home and make my family watch a ‘fashion show’ of me putting the outfits on. They weren’t really interested then, and I’m not interested now in seeing grown adults show off what they can afford to buy!
Wait, what? A bin in a car? Revolutionary! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The ones that annoy me most are haul videos of kids/pre-teens trying on clothes. It's one thing to make it unlisted and send it to a couple of family members if the kid wants to make a video, but it makes me shudder to think of the type of people who might be watching that sort of thing on YouTube.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
When people write on fb marketplace ‘social distancing applies’ as if the buyer is going to want to get close to them when they pick up their cast-offs or as if the buyer isn’t fully aware of the pandemic. Social distancing applies. Oh really. That’s a shame. I was hoping for a hug once I’ve handed over my £7.

My second gripe makes it sound as if I don’t want to help people, which is not the case. But I’m going to share it anyway and see if anyone else finds it annoying.

On LinkedIn, no one seems to have a job title anymore, especially if they have their own business. It’s all ‘helping busy business owners manage their busy time less busily’ or ‘helping businesses build brand awareness’ or similar. It’s always helping. It’s clearly a thing: on business groups on Facebook everyone is keen to ‘say who they help’.

I’m all for helping. But it is the same theme as we see so often from these very egotistical people (we see it with influencers too) with posts like ‘sorry I haven’t been on here much. I’m back again to help you with XYZ’... or ‘sorry I’ve been quiet’ (we haven’t noticed)...

Just tell us your job title and a bit about what you *really* do and stop making out like you’re doing us a favour out of the goodness of your heart by ‘helping’.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When people write on fb marketplace ‘social distancing applies’ as if the buyer is going to want to get close to them when they pick up their cast-offs or as if the buyer isn’t fully aware of the pandemic. Social distancing applies. Oh really. That’s a shame. I was hoping for a hug once I’ve handed over my £7.

My second gripe makes it sound as if I don’t want to help people, which is not the case. But I’m going to share it anyway and see if anyone else finds it annoying.

On LinkedIn, no one seems to have a job title anymore, especially if they have their own business. It’s all ‘helping busy business owners manage their busy time less busily’ or ‘helping businesses build brand awareness’ or similar. It’s always helping. It’s clearly a thing: on business groups on Facebook everyone is keen to ‘say who they help’.

I’m all for helping. But it is the same theme as we see so often from these very egotistical people (we see it with influencers too) with posts like ‘sorry I haven’t been on here much. I’m back again to help you with XYZ’... or ‘sorry I’ve been quiet’ (we haven’t noticed)...

Just tell us your job title and a bit about what you *really* do and stop making out like you’re doing us a favour out of the goodness of your heart by ‘helping’.
LinkedIn gives me the heebie jeebies anyway. Fancy putting your full name, work place and job title online for everyone to see. Might as well put bank details on there and my mother’s maiden name as well.

Reactions: 7
People sharing Go Fund Me pages with “Everyone needs to get behind these guys and show support”
when you know they themselves haven’t donated it’s just to make themselves look good.

Reactions: 14
People sharing Go Fund Me pages with “Everyone needs to get behind these guys and show support”
when you know they themselves haven’t donated it’s just to make themselves look good.

I feel like I'm a right witch for this - but Go Fund Me's for people who have either seriously injured themselves or god forbid died abroad - why don't they have insurance?!

Reactions: 15
I feel like I'm a right witch for this - but Go Fund Me's for people who have either seriously injured themselves or god forbid died abroad - why don't they have insurance?!
If it makes you feel better I’m more evil than you I know most of the time there’s some sort of terminal illness involved however I think people have a cheek asking for money for their weddings.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If it makes you feel better I’m more evil than you I know most of the time there’s some sort of terminal illness involved however I think people have a cheek asking for money for their weddings.
I followed one that did this. Was all lies and she’s in jail now. Claimed to have terminal cancer. Absolute sicko!

• Wow
  • Angry
That is disgusting I don’t doubt there’s probably a fair few tall tales on Go Fund Me.
Bizarrely, she’s the second one I’ve followed that has done this

Here’s the other. Robbed her grandparents who had raised her of their life savings.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
All the constant "positivity" "positive vibes" and "your mindset is everything" nonsense from influencers. And very well off influencers at that who already come from a family with money. And don't even get me started on the "hard work pays off" bullshit from these same very privileged influencers who pretend they worked so hard to be driving around in extremely expensive luxury cars carrying designer handbags with them.

No babe, you didn't work hard, daddy's bank card did. And it's real easy to have a positive mindset when you're living in a mansion never having to worry about paying bills or buying food cause your rich parents take care of that.

I'm so tired of having this manifestation nonsense rammed down my throat from people who manifested nothing besides daddy swiping his platinum credit card to make their dreams come true.
The O’Donnell sisters come to mind here 🤣🤣🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 4

duck sake
‘I wanted a hug once I have handed over my £7’!
Dead 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
The phrase 'it's been a minute' ughh it goes through me! Like when someone uploads a picture of their drink and puts 'it's been a minute'

More like it's been a minute since your last boring story love

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The phrase 'it's been a minute' ughh it goes through me! Like when someone uploads a picture of their drink and puts 'it's been a minute'

More like it's been a minute since your last boring story love
I think this originated in Devon and Cornwall. They say it all the time and doesn’t bother me at all. Now though all the insta huns have adopted it and I hate it 😡

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.