Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People sharing Go Fund Me pages with “Everyone needs to get behind these guys and show support”
when you know they themselves haven’t donated it’s just to make themselves look good.
Reminds me of a few years ago when everyone was asking for money to go far flung destinations to 'walk for charity' or pretend to build a hut somewhere. The ones I saw didn't get many donations but I'm sure some did

Reactions: 5
I'm baffled by why so many people I know post detailed information about their family's lives. Troublesome teenagers, school trips, marital disputes, romantic dinners (also what they had for tea on Thursday - wtf is that?) Their beautiful kids' pics everywhere, disputes with employers - the names of their employers ffs. People have Facebook cover photos showing them and their three kids outside the school gates. It's like they don't realise every creep with a FB account can see that pic and often can also see the comments underneath it which often give out waaaay too much information.

I don't recall my Mam running down the High St with photos of us saying "Look at my kids aren't they adorable? Btw do you want to know what school they go to?" to random blokes in mucky trench coats. But what these people do is absolutely the equivalent of that.
this massively! I want to remind people that they don’t have to post every photo of their child’s lives on social media. I didn’t even post about my kids birthday as shock horror, he doesn’t have FB at 4 years old.

also people who post photos of their kids in the bath and have it as their cover photos on fb. Have a word.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Reminds me of a few years ago when everyone was asking for money to go far flung destinations to 'walk for charity' or pretend to build a hut somewhere. The ones I saw didn't get many donations but I'm sure some did
Those always annoy me - both for the poverty tourism but also for the fact that if you gave the money you raised directly to a charity/organisation that builds wells/houses/schools/hospitals they would a) get more bang for their buck and b) be able to pay local people to do the work.

Reactions: 11
I did a charity run and needed to do a go fund me thing to get a minimum amount as I had a charity place, I freaking hated asking or posting about it.

I'm on this dodgy Mummy group (don't ask why) on FB and all today girls have been doing posts saying 'who's punching?' With a pic of them and their fella. As if someone is gonna comment saying 'woah girl, your fella is fit you know you're well punching' 🤣
What does that even mean ? I must be getting old because I just can’t work that one out

What does that even mean ? I must be getting old because I just can’t work that one out
It comes from the phrase ‘punching above your weight’. In boxing terms you usually have fights with someone within your own weight bracket otherwise someone above your weight will be too much for you to take on.

In everyday slang ‘punching above your weight’ means you are going out with someone out of your league e.g. better looking etc

Reactions: 4
One that’s bugged me this week.
My friend eloped a few weeks ago and only announced in the week after and one of her friends HAD to comment saying ‘omg so glad the news is out/ we can finally talk about it!’ She said the same thing on her FB and Instagram post!! Wow well done you knew before the general public... it’s just such a petty snidey thing!!!
Agree!!! It's the same with pregnant announcements with the 'I was struggling to keep it a secret so happy the news is out'. Bore off. Your not in some special club because your mate told you (and loads of others too haha) early.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Photos of ‘influencer/content creator’s’ kids, with isn’t ‘Agnes/Freddo just the cutest you’ve ever seen’. Nope they are just plain ordinary kids being flogged as your 💰🐄’s

Reactions: 8
I'm baffled by why so many people I know post detailed information about their family's lives. Troublesome teenagers, school trips, marital disputes, romantic dinners (also what they had for tea on Thursday - wtf is that?) Their beautiful kids' pics everywhere, disputes with employers - the names of their employers ffs. People have Facebook cover photos showing them and their three kids outside the school gates. It's like they don't realise every creep with a FB account can see that pic and often can also see the comments underneath it which often give out waaaay too much information.

I don't recall my Mam running down the High St with photos of us saying "Look at my kids aren't they adorable? Btw do you want to know what school they go to?" to random blokes in mucky trench coats. But what these people do is absolutely the equivalent of that.
When scrolling I've accidentally clicked on someone's profile. Cant believe that some have open profiles with photos of their kids.

Celebrities (and normal folk) who even after 3-4 years of marriage, have to bombard us with repeats of their wedding photos, wedding videos and self entitled statuses about their day, every 2-3 months. Get over it, celebrate on your anniversary. We LITERALLY couldn’t care less. It’s not cute anymore

Not something I’m sick of seeing as I’ve only seen this once but what in the name of good duck is this about. A grown man did this. I would be mortified if my husband did this.
I love you because you don’t smoke???? Eh BIN HIM if that’s all he can muster up 🤣🤣 it’s like those couples that have proper PDA with loads of replies on FB comments for everyone to see, like,

Ahh I just love you my baby xoxoxoxox
I love you more my baby boo xoxoxoxo
Not more than me though, I love you so much I could cry xoxxoxooxoxxoocoxoxxoxoxoxooc
No I love YOU more! You are my would I’d die for you xoxoxoxoxoxxo

ABSOLUTE VOM

• Sick
Reactions: 7
People with their ironman/marathon/triathlon medals. duck off fit people :ROFLMAO:
There's one bloke I semi-know who posts his ROUTINE OF THE DAY, either a map of the route he's ran or a log from the 5x5 app of the tremendous weight he's lifted. Then of course the usual emoji laden crap about PUSHING THROUGH and TAPPING THE INNER WARRIOR and FITNESS ISN'T PHYSICAL, IT'S MENTAL and duck knows what else.

Thing is, he's shite. If you actually look at the numbers he's posting, rather than just skimming past him on the feed, he's a seriously physically deficient specimen. People are all "ooh get you well done" and he literally runs slightly slower than my 60 year old dad who took up jogging last year. His max deadlift is lower than that of my 5'0, 125lb girlfriend. Like, fair play to you for having a crack mate, but make sure you're actually doing something reasonably impressive before you start crowing, y'know?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
People commenting on pictures/ posts from other people saying 'This is everything'

I don't know why, but I really find it annoying

• Haha
Reactions: 9
‘Our for lunch with this one’

Stab me in the eye with something sharp please

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Another Go Fund Me/Crowdfunder page for the same reason as previous ones! Now on campaign/page 6! Seriously 🤬

Reactions: 1
When a mum posts a pic of herself and her teenage daughter having lunch, someone is bound to comment "Sisters!"

Yeah, sisters where one looks 30 years older than the other 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.