Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fitness intagrammers who do that bleeping smug faced little cringe jig at the beginning of a routine. Usually involves scrunching their nose like a rabbit or something. So embarrassing. Makes me want to eat my face so I can get fatter and not be like them

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Where do I start?! Half of these have deffo been mentioned already but......

- People who post every bleeping second of their night out on their Insta stories. We get it, your entire personality (or lack of) revolves around alcohol. Your night out can't have been that fun if you've been on your phone filming everything for 2 hours
- "Fresh Sunday walks" :sick:
- Local Facebook crime/neighbourhood watch groups who post the second a white van or someone with an Irish or Romanian accent is in the vicinity of a dog
- People that can't spell. You're in your thirties and you're still spelling 'can't' as 'carn't' and 'college' as 'collage'
- New mums that act like they're some sort of parenting guru - similarly new homeowners who act like they're an expert on buying and renovating houses
- Mums who post every single time their kid does ANYTHING. I PROMISE you, no-one is arsed about your kid except for you, your immediate family members and maybe a handful of your close friends. Create a Whatsapp group or something!
- Grey/beige nurseries and baby/toddler clothes
- Gender reveals
- Mums posting photos of piles of presents on Xmas/Birthdays and piles of Easter Eggs on Easter for a kid that is usually under the age of 3 and doesn't understand or appreciate anything - especially tasteless in the middle of a pandemic
- Everyone and their dog having a 'business' that they get bored of after 2 months, usually shilling shite wax melts, personalised tat, 'treat boxes', fake perfumes or overpriced holidays as an 'independent travel agent'. Usually accompanied with posts about being a 'boss babe' and being your own boss and how everyone with a 9-5 job is a slave to capitalism
- TikTok dances. Half of them use the exact same moves!
- Influencers in general
- People wishing happy birthday/Mothers Day/Fathers Day to someone who doesn't have social media. Or even worse, people wishing happy birthday to celebrities :oops:
- The sudden obsession with crystals and spirituality? 7 times out of 10 the person is also a conspiracy theorist that doesn't believe COVID is real and has a strange obsession with paedos
- Kpop
- Lip fillers
- People who have a separate FB or Insta account for their kid/pet/their boring new build

I think I'm done, lmao, but I can definitely think of more

WAIT! One more...

The term 'fur babies'. I love animals and have dogs and cats myself but that term makes me balk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Where do I start?! Half of these have deffo been mentioned already but......

- People who post every bleeping second of their night out on their Insta stories. We get it, your entire personality (or lack of) revolves around alcohol. Your night out can't have been that fun if you've been on your phone filming everything for 2 hours
- "Fresh Sunday walks" :sick:
- Local Facebook crime/neighbourhood watch groups who post the second a white van or someone with an Irish or Romanian accent is in the vicinity of a dog
- People that can't spell. You're in your thirties and you're still spelling 'can't' as 'carn't' and 'college' as 'collage'
- New mums that act like they're some sort of parenting guru - similarly new homeowners who act like they're an expert on buying and renovating houses
- Mums who post every single time their kid does ANYTHING. I PROMISE you, no-one is arsed about your kid except for you, your immediate family members and maybe a handful of your close friends. Create a Whatsapp group or something!
- Grey/beige nurseries and baby/toddler clothes
- Gender reveals
- Mums posting photos of piles of presents on Xmas/Birthdays and piles of Easter Eggs on Easter for a kid that is usually under the age of 3 and doesn't understand or appreciate anything - especially tasteless in the middle of a pandemic
- Everyone and their dog having a 'business' that they get bored of after 2 months, usually shilling shite wax melts, personalised tat, 'treat boxes', fake perfumes or overpriced holidays as an 'independent travel agent'. Usually accompanied with posts about being a 'boss babe' and being your own boss and how everyone with a 9-5 job is a slave to capitalism
- TikTok dances. Half of them use the exact same moves!
- Influencers in general
- People wishing happy birthday/Mothers Day/Fathers Day to someone who doesn't have social media. Or even worse, people wishing happy birthday to celebrities :oops:
- The sudden obsession with crystals and spirituality? 7 times out of 10 the person is also a conspiracy theorist that doesn't believe COVID is real and has a strange obsession with paedos
- Kpop
- Lip fillers
- People who have a separate FB or Insta account for their kid/pet/their boring new build

I think I'm done, lmao, but I can definitely think of more

WAIT! One more...

The term 'fur babies'. I love animals and have dogs and cats myself but that term makes me balk.
Absolutely all of the above. I have a friend who posts the worst crawling happy birthday mummy posts when she isnt on social media. I dont understand how it works, do you screenshot the comments and likes and send them that? Maybe you could just send a card instead? Also most ppl comment to be polite...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Absolutely all of the above. I have a friend who posts the worst crawling happy birthday mummy posts when she isnt on social media. I dont understand how it works, do you screenshot the comments and likes and send them that? Maybe you could just send a card instead? Also most ppl comment to be polite...
Same! I’ve never understood it. I don’t bother putting anything up because I’ll usually see the person or at least call or message them privately and there’s times where I’ve felt like a bad daughter/granddaughter etc for not making a big public song and dance on Facebook or Instagram. I find it so bizarre? Who does it benefit?!

Reactions: 3
I'm not in FB and my mum @'s my name all the time (my sister informs me) , I don't get it haha

Reactions: 5
‘Thanks to everyone who stopped to help when I had a car accident on xyz road earlier today’ cue the ‘omg babes hope you’re okay’ comments 🙄🥱 attention seeking at its finest

Reactions: 16
People putting a bunch of photos on their Instagram grid, then Individually post each photo on their Instagram story

Reactions: 13
If anyone wants to experience the definition of the word "anticlimax", just watch any video with "wait for it!" in the description. 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Not just social media, but also all message boards, forums and Discord servers -

motherfuckers pretending they're getting death threats and harassment

Ultimate trump card, innit? They've come out all guns blazing, their arguments turned out to be so much wine-born bollocks, and now everyone thinks they're a prawn. But it's only because they're just so stressed because of the threats and harassment they've received. Honest, guv, some of the DMs they've been getting are horrifying. What, no, they can't show you, they respect confidentiality, even when it's apparently someone issuing death threats, and anyway they deleted them, and anyway they lost the logon for the account and also they left the phone in their other jacket. And that jacket is with their Canadian girlfriend.

And the worst part is, because journalists in the UK are the most credulous fuckwits on God's green Earth, invariably this leads to them getting a puff piece on the One Show, a few articles in the Daily Mail and a semi-lucrative podcast tour.

Utter. bleeping. Desolation.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Facebook ”stories” that last about 10 seconds ... I want to see the family or friends photos properly? Plus the captions (all caps) and layout is ugly, just no, thanks.

Reactions: 2
One that’s bugged me this week.
My friend eloped a few weeks ago and only announced in the week after and one of her friends HAD to comment saying ‘omg so glad the news is out/ we can finally talk about it!’ She said the same thing on her FB and Instagram post!! Wow well done you knew before the general public... it’s just such a petty snidey thing!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
One that’s bugged me this week.
My friend eloped a few weeks ago and only announced in the week after and one of her friends HAD to comment saying ‘omg so glad the news is out/ we can finally talk about it!’ She said the same thing on her FB and Instagram post!! Wow well done you knew before the general public... it’s just such a petty snidey thing!!!
If they eloped was she even invited?? 😂 how cringe if she wasn’t even there!

A new one that’s taken off of late- what’s with people doing the bloody balloon arches?? What an absolute waste of money and they’re so bloody tit for the environment have people not got their head round that yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
If they eloped was she even invited?? 😂 how cringe if she wasn’t even there!
Nope but she thinks she’s special cos she found out earlier than most people.. even tho I found out at the same time as her but just didn’t feel the need to let everyone know I did 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anything with 'edit'

Like the Summer Edit, The Cleaning Edit, The Rainy Day Edit.....wtf does that even mean

• Wow
Reactions: 10
People who post the same pic but delete it hoping for more likes the next time round. Do they really think no one notices they are posting the same pic over and over?
Also people (girls) who post how fabulous their relationship is when you know for a fact it’s not and feel incredibly sad for them that they continue to lie to themselves for the sake of what it looks like to others, and accept less than they expect.

Reactions: 13
Gender reveals…..nobody cares
Baby showers…..we still don’t care
Birth stories……stop it!
Sharing tips by end of week one as if they’re first woman ever to give birth and now an expert 🙄
I’ve got kids, so no other reason for me to feel like this other than it’s boooring.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Gender reveals…..nobody cares
Baby showers…..we still don’t care
Birth stories……stop it!
Sharing tips by end of week one as if they’re first woman ever to give birth and now an expert 🙄
I’ve got kids, so no other reason for me to feel like this other than it’s boooring.
I haven't got kids and doubt I'll ever will with all the horror birth stories everyone seems obliged to post now!!! Does no one have a drama free birth anymore?! The z-list reality stars started it, now regular folk on SM's are following suit. If you didn't have a traumatic birth did you even give birth at all? lololololol

I also hate people commenting if the baby is a 'whopper' and ooohing that they came naturally without a c-sect. It's a back handed compliment imo, you're implying so much!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.