Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Felt cute. Might delete later."

"New hair. Who dis?"

"Long hair. Don't care."

Idiotic.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
When people are out for dinner with a group and one person takes out their phone, flash on and pans over everyone’s meals for an in insta story 😩 in the middle of a restaurant 😩

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I see this all the time with my pals teenage daughters. They have like 60 comments on a profile pic so of course I’m like what the hell let’s read.

“Beautiful” “Says you”
“My gal” “Love you always”
“She’s my bestie” “Love you my gal”
“Unreal” “Love you so much”

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm baffled by why so many people I know post detailed information about their family's lives. Troublesome teenagers, school trips, marital disputes, romantic dinners (also what they had for tea on Thursday - wtf is that?) Their beautiful kids' pics everywhere, disputes with employers - the names of their employers ffs. People have Facebook cover photos showing them and their three kids outside the school gates. It's like they don't realise every creep with a FB account can see that pic and often can also see the comments underneath it which often give out waaaay too much information.

I don't recall my Mam running down the High St with photos of us saying "Look at my kids aren't they adorable? Btw do you want to know what school they go to?" to random blokes in mucky trench coats. But what these people do is absolutely the equivalent of that.
I have a family member who is always doing this. Other family members have commented to each other about it, for exactly the reasons youve put.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yeah, I'd be thinking there is no boyfriend if the boxes are blacked out. I'm a Sceptical Sally, but it does delight me when people go all Walter Mitty on SM. It must be exhausting to hide the truth!
I'm inclined to think the same. If you were going to post about a boyfriend, surely you'd either show their face or just not post at all if privacy was more important?
I'm baffled by why so many people I know post detailed information about their family's lives. Troublesome teenagers, school trips, marital disputes, romantic dinners (also what they had for tea on Thursday - wtf is that?) Their beautiful kids' pics everywhere, disputes with employers - the names of their employers ffs. People have Facebook cover photos showing them and their three kids outside the school gates. It's like they don't realise every creep with a FB account can see that pic and often can also see the comments underneath it which often give out waaaay too much information.

I don't recall my Mam running down the High St with photos of us saying "Look at my kids aren't they adorable? Btw do you want to know what school they go to?" to random blokes in mucky trench coats. But what these people do is absolutely the equivalent of that.
Exactly that. Just so much easier not to post anything at all. It's almost like people have to post something just so they have something to post.

Reactions: 6
Daughters doing gushing posts on fb, how their mother is there queeeen and a beauuuuuuut of a women 🙄 then filling send post with selfies and pictures of her with said mother where she looks amazing and the mother is an after thought
Get a life

• Haha
Daughters doing gushing posts on fb, how their mother is there queeeen and a beauuuuuuut of a women 🙄 then filling send post with selfies and pictures of her with said mother where she looks amazing and the mother is an after thought
Get a life
Likewise people who do happy birthday messages/collages for their friends that are more about them than the friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
People who are a vaccine snob, it is a huge privilege to be given vaccine, regardless which one. :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Also, it IS possible to receive a Covid vaccine and NOT post a photo of the card on social media, for those who don't know.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
When someone’s booked a holiday or bought something expensive and they post “Just did a thing”. Or “So this just happened”. Be spontaneous, do crazy things, live your life, just don’t post about it on FB with stupid phrases like that 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Friends in their mid 30s who refer to each other as work bestie, school bestie, bestie with the clap etc... jog on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Friends in their mid 30s who refer to each other as work bestie, school bestie, bestie with the clap etc... jog on
I wonder if we have the same friends. There is one girl who calls EVERYONE she knows her bestie, and she also posts attention-seeking "I feel like the ugly friend when I'm out with my crew" tit, and I can watch her timeline fill up with sycophantic crap telling her she's gawjus hun, sooo beautiful, amazing eyes etc etc. I have to sit on my hands to stop myself from typing 'Yeah, now you come to mention it you are a bit lacking in the looks department, love, have you considered cosmetic surgery? Or a bag over your head, bestie?' ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if we have the same friends. There is one girl who calls EVERYONE she knows her bestie, and she also posts attention-seeking "I feel like the ugly friend when I'm out with my crew" tit, and I can watch her timeline fill up with sycophantic crap telling her she's gawjus hun, sooo beautiful, amazing eyes etc etc. I have to sit on my hands to stop myself from typing 'Yeah, now you come to mention it you are a bit lacking in the looks department, love, have you considered cosmetic surgery? Or a bag over your head, bestie?' ;)
Sounds the same breed at least. None of that group of friends question her. Although they are all just as crazy in their own way so maybe that explains. Friends from other places think my tales of what goes on are insane, which at least keeps me sane as i often think i am being the witch by complaining

I'm on this dodgy Mummy group (don't ask why) on FB and all today girls have been doing posts saying 'who's punching?' With a pic of them and their fella. As if someone is gonna comment saying 'woah girl, your fella is fit you know you're well punching' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Yes! And when they post pics and videos of their children in the bath for all to see! I have seen so many on social media doing this lately! Don’t they worry about who is looking

I'm on this dodgy Mummy group (don't ask why) on FB and all today girls have been doing posts saying 'who's punching?' With a pic of them and their fella. As if someone is gonna comment saying 'woah girl, your fella is fit you know you're well punching' 🤣
Sad society that we still judge on looks as to whether that person is fabulous or not
At the risk of sounding old fashioned I couldn’t give a duck about the sculptured face, muscles and perfect hair, but someone that respects me and themselves, that’s good for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.