Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've said it before & I'll say it again 😂 but bloody raffle pages on Facebook. They do not sit right with me one bit. They are peeing me off even more tonight as a few of my friends run pages or promote pages & they reckon people have been reporting them. They are saying how pathetic people are for reporting & that the people reporting are just soo jealous of such successful businesses

I know the pandemic has hit people hard & I don't begrudge people trying to make money but these raffle pages are a joke.

Reactions: 8
Skincare routine videos from people who have absolutely no clue about any of it.

For example: people not using water to wash their faces, instead solely using cleanser and then dry cotton pads to remove it 🤢

As a former Beauty Therapist this makes me heave. Then people that for some absolutely bizarre reason don't apply any skincare products to their forehead. What in the hell is that about??? So, you're going to have a perfectly hydrated and moisturised face, but a severely dry or greasy forehead?

Do these people realise that the forehead IS part of the face? Make it make sense.

I've even seen people apply foundation but leave a sort of strip of a gap on their forehead right before their hairline. So, the rest of their face is orange, but there's a beaming white strip that stands out like a sore thumb right before their hairline. This is actual influencers I'm talking about who do this. Influencing others to look like complete twats.

Reactions: 14
I always wish I could see the posters face when people have a go at them for it. They actually think everyone is going to be as furious as they are. Deb has one reply to her status it says “hope you’re ok” 🙄
Just went and checked both groups that the post was in and surprise surprise both got deleted 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've said it before & I'll say it again 😂 but bloody raffle pages on Facebook. They do not sit right with me one bit. They are peeing me off even more tonight as a few of my friends run pages or promote pages & they reckon people have been reporting them. They are saying how pathetic people are for reporting & that the people reporting are just soo jealous of such successful businesses

I know the pandemic has hit people hard & I don't begrudge people trying to make money but these raffle pages are a joke.
I was watching a tik tok earlier that explained those raffles are actually illegal if money is being made. Counts as gambling.

Reactions: 9
Just went and checked both groups that the post was in and surprise surprise both got deleted 😂
Debs is still there. She has 4 likes and still just the one comment hoping she’s ok. She’s probably dm’d the person who commented and is more than likely still feewwwmmminnnn . 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've just seen someone share a post about a missing boy, read the whole bit about it & the original poster had put their mobile number on it, I thought that's a strange number, it didn't start with 07. Clicking on the original post to find out the boy is from Perth....Australia. Somehow don't think hes made his way over to Scotland without being caught 🤦🏻‍♀️
This is the same person who shared a post about a missing dog again in Perth Australia. She must just see Perth & think it's worth a share

• Haha
I might have already said this but what is it with the lack of manners? A post in the village Facebook group "looking for paving slabs". Good for you Jeff, but until you learn basic manners you won't be getting anything from me and I'm pretty sure you know one of the many DIY shops could help you!
Someone on a local residents page asked if anyone had a palm tree they didn't want, he'd gladly take it.
The comments followed a trend of "the garden centre has plenty mate, go and buy one".

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just thought of another one.

When people make 10 instagram accounts for each hobby they have and put statuses out asking for people to like them. If it was a small business I’d get it - but I just don’t see the point?

Reactions: 13
Those people who post a happy birthday paragraph to their kid 🙄 followed by various photos of said kid over the years. “Happy 8th birthday to our darling girl, you are the most kind funny intelligent beautiful human, you are so selfless we hope you enjoy all your presents sweetie and your trip to the zoo, we love you so much never change darling, can’t believe you’re 8 where has the time gone 🥰duck OFF BORE OFF literally no one cares!! And your “selfless darling” won’t see it either 🙄🤣😂
These type of posts are so nauseating 🤢 most of the time the kid is too young to have Facebook and probably shouldn't see other things the parents post. I'm so grateful my parents have never had Facebook and I have been spared having my childhood posted about online.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone on a local residents page asked if anyone had a palm tree they didn't want, he'd gladly take it.
The comments followed a trend of "the garden centre has plenty mate, go and buy one".
The worst ones are when people are actually giving something away for free and some cheeky sod will ask them to deliver it or moan that it has a bit of wear and tear. It’s free!! 🙄the cheek of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Reactions: 9
I get really annoyed with people who have multiple accounts but post the exact same thing on all of them. For example one of my friends I’m friends with on Facebook and follow her on Instagram, she then set up an account for her small business so I supported by following that but now she doesn’t even post business stuff, just the same quotes across all three accounts. I should unfollow but I don’t understand why people do this. Actually come to think of it I follow Alice Liveing and I do really like her but she often posts the same pictures to both of her accounts 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I get really annoyed with people who have multiple accounts but post the exact same thing on all of them. For example one of my friends I’m friends with on Facebook and follow her on Instagram, she then set up an account for her small business so I supported by following that but now she doesn’t even post business stuff, just the same quotes across all three accounts. I should unfollow but I don’t understand why people do this. Actually come to think of it I follow Alice Liveing and I do really like her but she often posts the same pictures to both of her accounts 🤷🏻‍♀️
Can you mute them? Follow still but they are unaware you don't see their posts.

Reactions: 3
Those 'how it started etc' posts get right on my tits now 😭 maybe it's because i'm a cynical bastard but i don't care that you somehow managed to find a new partner during a pandemic!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Young girls posing in empty car parks in a dress and boohoo.com heels 😂 probably on their way to maccies car park with their cradle snatching boyfriend

• Haha
I hate this. An Instagram page for themselves, their house, pet and/or children 🙈 they then post a story asking people to follow the different pages so are effectively posting the same thing 3 or 4 times to the same audience! Get a life!!

Reactions: 8
I'm not on any social media for all the reasons listed in the last 16 pages.
However I do love YouTube. It is only in lockdown have I found that there are 'youtubers' and everybody seems to have a channel and it's 'welcome back to my channel' and then these random nobodies talk about themselves for the next 20 mins. It's a narcissists dream.
I went down a bit of a rabbit hole. I am shocked at the number of generic boring, dull channels there are with such boring people who seem to genuinely believe they have a purpose or that what they say is interesting. Incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I'm not on any social media for all the reasons listed in the last 16 pages.
However I do love YouTube. It is only in lockdown have I found that there are 'youtubers' and everybody seems to have a channel and it's 'welcome back to my channel' and then these random nobodies talk about themselves for the next 20 mins. It's a narcissists dream.
I went down a bit of a rabbit hole. I am shocked at the number of generic boring, dull channels there are with such boring people who seem to genuinely believe they have a purpose or that what they say is interesting. Incredible.
I have a family member that has a youtube channel, 100 followers an they act like it's a job. Drives me demented, constantly saying they have youtube work to do 😂 their vlogs are pure drivel also

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.