Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep getting these cringeworthy insta videos recommended to me - usually an extremely skinny young woman in athletic gear showing off her stomach at different parts of the day for ~realness~, to show people that bloating is normal. It's hilarious because they never look visibly bloated, and at best it's an attempt to show off their body to fans? The people in the comments act like they've just seen a video of someone walking on water, naturally 🤡 I also get recommended videos of said girls in athletic gear dancing around and pulling stupid faces in order to look 'quirky'. Who does this appeal to??? (apart from the obvious)

Reactions: 9
I keep getting these cringeworthy insta videos recommended to me - usually an extremely skinny young woman in athletic gear showing off her stomach at different parts of the day for ~realness~, to show people that bloating is normal. It's hilarious because they never look visibly bloated, and at best it's an attempt to show off their body to fans? The people in the comments act like they've just seen a video of someone walking on water, naturally 🤡 I also get recommended videos of said girls in athletic gear dancing around and pulling stupid faces in order to look 'quirky'. Who does this appeal to??? (apart from the obvious)
It's so so cringy. Ugh.

With the bloating ones I've seen the other extreme of that where they actually are bloated to the point they look pregnant and say that's normal. No, sorry getting extremely bloated after a meal is not normal digestion

Reactions: 3
It's so so cringy. Ugh.

With the bloating ones I've seen the other extreme of that where they actually are bloated to the point they look pregnant and say that's normal. No, sorry getting extremely bloated after a meal is not normal digestion
Yeah, that's usually a sign of an intolerance or something. Though related to that, a food blogger I used to like has recently started following this new diet (I think it's FODMAP?) It really seems like this older woman put her up to it, and it's a bit triggering seeing her making different meals to her entire family and being critical of her portion sizes and love for carbs when at most she just bloats a bit from eating beans and pasta (which is pretty normal, tbf)

Reactions: 1
Girls constantly pouting and eyefucking themselves on their stories🙄 utter cringe!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yeah, that's usually a sign of an intolerance or something. Though related to that, a food blogger I used to like has recently started following this new diet (I think it's FODMAP?) It really seems like this older woman put her up to it, and it's a bit triggering seeing her making different meals to her entire family and being critical of her portion sizes and love for carbs when at most she just bloats a bit from eating beans and pasta (which is pretty normal, tbf)
I think FODMAP is a genuine way to figure out intolerances to some foods. Not sure if it has much to do with portion sizes though. As I understand it you gradually bring in different foods to your diet and potentially in different amounts to figure out which ones cause issues. And it focuses on certain foods that often cause intolerance.

Reactions: 2
Not to sound heartless here but a girl I went to school with posted last week her mother passed away.
Ever since then she’s been constantly tagged in statuses by I’m guessing they’re her friends that they love her and are there for her whenever she needs them, now by all means the poor girl needs supporting but it seems to have turned into some sort of battle between the two friends over who is her better friend.
Does no one phone each other anymore? Why does everything have to be communicated via Facebook?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Girls constantly pouting and eyefucking themselves on their stories🙄 utter cringe!!
I work with a girl who I assumed was mid to late 30s. She's very pretty, wears designer clothes, has the latest make-up look - currently lip plumpers and laminated eyebrows, magnetic eyelashes, along with a deep fake tan and those talon nails, she has long wavy hair extensions. She looks fantastic - but imagine my dismay when it was her birthday and I asked her old she was, I was ready with my 'NOOOO!! You can't be possibly that old' exclamation when she told me she was TWENTY. I was shocked because she looks a lot older, like a well-preserved woman on the verge of middle-age, not someone just out of her teens.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Literally just went on FB and someone I used to work with has posted “Unbelievable 😡”. And that’s it. So of course, at least 8 comments of “U OK hun?” “oh no what’s happened?” etc etc. This woman is in her 50s FFS. Attention seeking at its finest!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
going all crazy on influencers not declaring an ad or gift... i know this is what tattle is all about but can we give it a rest already 😂 we all know they like to hide it and we can all clearly see when something is an ad. no one is forcing you to buy it!!!

Reactions: 4
I might have already said this but what is it with the lack of manners? A post in the village Facebook group "looking for paving slabs". Good for you Jeff, but until you learn basic manners you won't be getting anything from me and I'm pretty sure you know one of the many DIY shops could help you!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I might have already said this but what is it with the lack of manners? A post in the village Facebook group "looking for paving slabs". Good for you Jeff, but until you learn basic manners you won't be getting anything from me and I'm pretty sure you know one of the many DIY shops could help you!
A lot of groups on FB seem pretty aggressive for some reason, especially the selling ones. Always see stuff like "£40 take it or leave it. No timewasters! COLEECTION ONLY" and it's usually the worst kind of tat.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People who post photos of all their cold and flu medication with the 🤒 emoji 🥱🥱🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I work with a girl who I assumed was mid to late 30s. She's very pretty, wears designer clothes, has the latest make-up look - currently lip plumpers and laminated eyebrows, magnetic eyelashes, along with a deep fake tan and those talon nails, she has long wavy hair extensions. She looks fantastic - but imagine my dismay when it was her birthday and I asked her old she was, I was ready with my 'NOOOO!! You can't be possibly that old' exclamation when she told me she was TWENTY. I was shocked because she looks a lot older, like a well-preserved woman on the verge of middle-age, not someone just out of her teens.
Oh god, so this is why people think I'm 13 💀 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Probably already been said but photos of people’s vaccination cards when they specifically tell you not to post the batch number online to reduce the risk of fraud 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
FODMAP’s been a recommended NHS eating plan for many years. One of their nutritionists put me on it years ago and it works by eliminating common trigger foods for IBS/IBD symptoms, then encourages you to slowly reintroduce so identify the trigger foods for you. So it’s a legit/credible treatment plan. Albeit may well be being used incorrectly or as a trend these days as everything else seems to be 🤷🏼‍♀️ “I don’t eat gluten/dairy/carbs/” etc etc, all unnecessary if you’re not actually allergic/ intolerant and have a balanced diet 🙄

Reactions: 7
FODMAP’s been a recommended NHS eating plan for many years. One of their nutritionists put me on it years ago and it works by eliminating common trigger foods for IBS/IBD symptoms, then encourages you to slowly reintroduce so identify the trigger foods for you. So it’s a legit/credible treatment plan. Albeit may well be being used incorrectly or as a trend these days as everything else seems to be 🤷🏼‍♀️ “I don’t eat gluten/dairy/carbs/” etc etc, all unnecessary if you’re not actually allergic/ intolerant and have a balanced diet 🙄
Yeah, it seems quite effective for people with intolerances and IBS! Unfortunately this woman's not doing it as part of a medically approved treatment /NHS plan ... just based on this overpriced course type thing in order to lose weight?

Reactions: 1
New to this thread, this may have been mentioned.

When someone’s lost their keys, cat, kid whatever and underneath there are loads of posts saying

shared Partick
shared Niddrie
shared Clydebank

and so on

It’s the bleeping Internet it’s shared everywhere you clown.
Its usually the 1st half of the postcode that’s posted round these parts. I don’t get it either and like you I think to myself if you’ve shared it on the internet it’s shared everywhere not just your postcode area

Unless they mean they’ve shared it on their local Neighbourhood/Next Door app which covers their immediate area

My local Next Door app is full of passive aggressive posts about noisy children, dogs barking, people parking outside their house, the sound of lawnmowers/gardening equipment ruining the peace of a sunny afternoon...I have to sit on my hands sometimes, because I want to tell them there are plenty of remote properties for sale in the area, so why the duck don't they move, if living in a village is so annoying.

I think they just like complaining though and if no-one had dogs, cars, kids or gardens, there would be something else to moan about.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who write a status to people they don’t know who they have encountered during the day sometimes accompanied with a photo of the back of their body or a sneaky side pic “pick your dog tit up you stank”, “disgusting, she would get told”, “she’s lucky I didn’t punch her”, “they've just dumped this rubbish, I’m fuming” you get my drift but they take a photo and act all billy big balls on their posts but didn’t actually say anything to those people just took a sneaky pic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
My local Next Door app is full of passive aggressive posts about noisy children, dogs barking, people parking outside their house, the sound of lawnmowers/gardening equipment ruining the peace of a sunny afternoon...I have to sit on my hands sometimes, because I want to tell them there are plenty of remote properties for sale in the area, so why the duck don't they move, if living in a village is so annoying.

I think they just like complaining though and if no-one had dogs, cars, kids or gardens, there would be something else to moan about.
I think this lockdown business has turned majority of us into moaners. I have to say found myself moan moan about this and that the other day. I think like this and the app you mention that's what venting is for.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.