Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There will be a FB post on the local pages.
Something like - Major accident. 20 ambulances and 5 fire appliances in attendance. Roads closed until further notice.
Then underneath, aah, the same comments.
Hope everyone ok x
Hope everyone ok x
Hundreds of them. I despair.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
People who post pictures with captions “omg state of me! I look so fat/ugly etc”
If you thought you looked a state you wouldn’t upload the bloody picture! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There will be a FB post on the local pages.
Something like - Major accident. 20 ambulances and 5 fire appliances in attendance. Roads closed until further notice.
Then underneath, aah, the same comments.
Hope everyone ok x
Hope everyone ok x
Hundreds of them. I despair.
I always think, they’re clearly not bleeping OK, hence the emergency services in attendance.

Also, the rubberneckers who post to say they noticed police/ambulance attending something on X Street, or air ambulance landing in the park: what’s going on? Nosy bastards 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I always think, they’re clearly not bleeping OK, hence the emergency services in attendance.

Also, the rubberneckers who post to say they noticed police/ambulance attending something on X Street, or air ambulance landing in the park: what’s going on? Nosy bastards 🤣
oh we get “anyone hear the sirens? What one is it and where is it going?” Is it any of your business? Irks me so much

Reactions: 5
The special people that comment under a missing dog post
“Loving home here” 🤣 I mean what
Fb has given a voice to some that no offence
Shouldn’t be given a voice

Reactions: 8
Videos trending again of hands with horribly long nails pulling apart doughnuts filled with a vast amount of gloop
It’s just gross

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I follow loads of home reno accounts and inevitably loads of them have a baby so the feed changes. Fine whatever but I'll unfollow. And then sometimes they rant on their stories that people aren't happy that they now have a house/personal account 🤣 bore off people can follow and unfollow who they want!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I follow loads of home reno accounts and inevitably loads of them have a baby so the feed changes. Fine whatever but I'll unfollow. And then sometimes they rant on their stories that people aren't happy that they now have a house/personal account 🤣 bore off people can follow and unfollow who they want!!
It’s like when people say “oh Instagram deleted loads of my followers” when people have chosen to unfollow you. Don’t understand why people take it so personally.

Reactions: 7
Oh and people posting a about their babies and kids. Is nothing sacred?! Firstly these kids should be given respect and privacy and secondly no one cares.
When celebs do that cringe thing of posting their kids but having a smiley emoji over their faces. What is the point? Either stop posting pics of your kids or show their faces. And you think you're so important people care .

Reactions: 13
Don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I’m tired of seeing slender/ average sized women show off their “cellulite” or tummy rolls and go on about it like they’re in the running for the Nobel peace prize. E.g. Irish insta hun Roz Purcell.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I’m tired of seeing slender/ average sized women show off their “cellulite” or tummy rolls and go on about it like they’re in the running for the Nobel peace prize. E.g. Irish insta hun Roz Purcell.
Omg yes 👏👏👏

I would also say, in the same sentiment, average women with a bit of pudge telling us to love out bodies and being body positive and being a 'campaigner' .like Jonathan Ross daughter taking underwear pics and telling us how amazing she is for doing it. So boring.
And the post pregnant underwear pics.
It's just narcissists using an excuse to take a selfie.
Imagine going back to 2001 and describing in 20 years it is socially acceptable to take pics of your average body in your average underwear as being the norm 🙄

Reactions: 9
Omg yes 👏👏👏

I would also say, in the same sentiment, average women with a bit of pudge telling us to love out bodies and being body positive and being a 'campaigner' .like Jonathan Ross daughter taking underwear pics and telling us how amazing she is for doing it. So boring.
And the post pregnant underwear pics.
It's just narcissists using an excuse to take a selfie.
Imagine going back to 2001 and describing in 20 years it is socially acceptable to take pics of your average body in your average underwear as being the norm 🙄
the size 10/12 narcissist that like to post on social media memes about being over weight or how dreadful they look
Or winter body ready when they know they are slim and stunning and just want comments telling them how wonderful they look
Its miserable for those that struggle with their weight, I’ve a friend with a immune condition who really struggles body wise although not with weight with skin, and people like these do nothing to help her

• Sad
When people write about something that has happened to them but they write it like this:

“When you have a baby, you don’t know how it’s going to go and you feel confused, scared, emotional, tired and you don’t know how it’s going to affect your relationship with your husband and your two cats and your parrot. You can’t see your mum because it’s lockdown and you just feel so deflated....”

Now hold on a minute. *I* don’t feel like that! YOU feel like that! You’re the one who’s had the baby! Why can’t people say “When I had my baby, I didn’t know how it was going to go and I felt....”

I read this stuff and think why are you bringing me into it! Own your feelings and experiences!

I realise it’s just a turn of phrase of course but it does set my teeth on edge.

Reactions: 12
It drives me insane when people share those “win a holiday to centreparcs just by sharing this page” fake accounts - I literally don’t understand how people don’t realise they are a massive scam - one look at the page will show that they only have one or two pics copied from the internet and have set up the fake page to steal your info. It blows my mind what people fall for it!!

Everything surrounding the Royals atm. The photo of the Queen sat on her own at a funereal service and everyone making out she's the only person to have done this during COVID, yes it's very sad she lost her partner of 70+ years but there has been family members unable to attend funeral's
Every single news article is about that, about Meghan or about some body language expert putting in their two pence about Harry & William.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.