Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Edits, Ooops I thought I was posting on the rant thread. I'll post over there

Last edited:
P.s. also people who take the piss out of people being allergic to food can feck right off. Itā€™s very frustrating to have to live with and be cautious of all the damn time. Normally i can cope but you get some days where the thing you have legitimate aversion to is right there in your face.
There was an article shared on Facebook a while ago about a flight on which nuts understandably couldn't be sold because of a passenger being allergic to them. Several dickheads commented that they always bring their own supply onboard for that reason. What is so amazing about nuts that they can't go a few hours without them?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm pretty sure 90% of my mum guilt comes from social media. I'll parent one way, then go online and see a video about how saying this or that to your child can lead to so n so. So then I spend ages worrying that I've gone wrong but the next video I see says you need to do THIS AND THAT and I'm like ughhhh everything I do is bleeping my child up and going to lead to them being mentally scarred as an adult. Takes the joy out of parenting!! I do wonder how different it must have been 30yrs ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I live in London and the foxes near me are anything but scrawny! Most of them look in better condition than the dogs and cats my neighbours have! Shiny fur and well fed, one of my cats often plays with some little foxes behind my flat
Lucky you. The ones by us look like theyā€™ve had enough lol. One year I was looking out the window and watched mumma fox dump her pups and walk off (probably looking for food). Sheā€™s obviously told them to stay put but they kept wandering off. Oh she was getting so mad with them šŸ˜‚. I did feel her pain.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Influencers shilling make up when they quite clearly have a filter on. Constant plugging of skin care thatā€™s a ā€˜game changerā€™, when you know theyā€™ll say anything if it brings in the money šŸ’°

Sick of this stupid meme from the Beckhams show
Also thereā€™s these videos going around tiktok/insta where itā€™s like ā€œWeā€™re X, we do Xā€ said by multiple people in the video. Like ā€œWeā€™re Londoners, of course we always stand on the rightā€. ā€œWeā€™re Londoners, of course we always pay Ā£9 for a sandwichā€. Boringggg

Attachments

Reactions: 13
May contain eggs on a box of eggs
May contain nuts on a jar of peanut butter
May contain dairy products on a packet of cheddar
With these youā€™ve got to wonder just what else might be there instead? What else comes in egg boxes that arenā€™t eggs??? šŸ˜³
---
There was an article shared on Facebook a while ago about a flight on which nuts understandably couldn't be sold because of a passenger being allergic to them. Several dickheads commented that they always bring their own supply onboard for that reason. What is so amazing about nuts that they can't go a few hours without them?
Iā€™ve a family member who is seriously allergic to nuts and nearly died on a flight. That ended up on social media with people complaining they were just being a ā€˜snowflakeā€™. If they hadnā€™t been on an internal uk short haul flight and had epi pen with them (bearing in mind the short stock there was of them for a long time) and an emergency landline would have died.

Her boss thinks itā€™s funny to wave packets of nuts at her....
---
Iā€™ve a family member who is seriously allergic to nuts and nearly died on a flight. That ended up on social media with people complaining they were just being a ā€˜snowflakeā€™. If they hadnā€™t been on an internal uk short haul flight and had epi pen with them (bearing in mind the short stock there was of them for a long time) and an emergency landline would have died.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
With these youā€™ve got to wonder just what else might be there instead? What else comes in egg boxes that arenā€™t eggs??? šŸ˜³
---

---

I cannot understand people who make light of other people's health issues.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
People who share their facebook memories. No Sandra, your sassy minion picture wasn't funny four years ago AND IT STILL AIN'T NOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I never understood why airports always sell the massive bags of peanut m&ms. Aye no bother, get people to buy a huge bag of food that can kill someone on the plane.

• Sad
This is so niche but people selling Lavashak on Tiktok. I had never even heard of it and suddenly it's EVERYWHERE and people are selling it and getting in competition with each other over pricing. Literally so random but it's like every now and then something will just pop up and become a thing and be absolutely milked to death and then disappear

This is so niche but people selling Lavashak on Tiktok. I had never even heard of it and suddenly it's EVERYWHERE and people are selling it and getting in competition with each other over pricing. Literally so random but it's like every now and then something will just pop up and become a thing and be absolutely milked to death and then disappear
What on earth is Lavashak? Is it another MLM like Scentsy and Herbalife?

Reactions: 2
It's like the mundane things we used to just have to deal with going to someone's house and being shown but now all over the internet all ofthe time
Itā€™s fine for a WhatsApp group with relatives and close friends but not on Instagram when you have thousands of followers who donā€™t really know you and the kid enough to care šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s always the really ugly kids that get shared as well. That thing above at pre school is revolting

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You get it loads on Facebook community groups. I've seen loads lately where someone posts something that is obviously going to stir things and invite comments. Then after everyone has had a go they'll add a little bit of detail that changes the situation and acts like it's everyone else being horrible. For example:

'Does anyone know where I can buy my son a sword? He's really desperate to have one and his mates all have one'

Everyone questions why the duck they would buy their son a sword and why all his friends have one.

'You all need to stop with your judgemental comments and bullying my son. He needs a fake sword for his medieval re-enactment group he does with his friends at the local historical society. Hope you're all proud of yourselves making my son cry when he read these comments'.

Oh do duck off. Maybe mention that in the original post then you absolute flump šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.