Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone announcing a pregnancy, a friend congratulates them, and there is a massive derail where EVERYONE else commenting tags the friend and says 'you'll be next' / 'you next!' So presumptuous! I cringe when its celebrities, it's like this sad attempt at closeness.

Similar when someone announces an engagement, and people comment 'about time!' No sense of tact!

Reactions: 16
It’s maybe me just being bitter but the couples who’ve gotta post how in love they are every single day. Like okay we get it.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
People's children. Especially when they are being monetized. Because children are incapable of giving valid consent to allow it, hence, imo, its exploitation.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I saw someone sharing this on their timeline. How gullible do you have to be to believe this?
Even if you ignore the shambolic level of English, do they really believe that you can win a Range Rover through an obscure page on facebook?

91945F1C-663E-4D38-AA46-3AC2BD61F1E9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Someone announcing a pregnancy, a friend congratulates them, and there is a massive derail where EVERYONE else commenting tags the friend and says 'you'll be next' / 'you next!' So presumptuous! I cringe when its celebrities, it's like this sad attempt at closeness.

Similar when someone announces an engagement, and people comment 'about time!' No sense of tact!
someone I went to school with announced their engagement on Facebook a few years ago and one of her friends made a post congratulating her and genuinely said “all that hinting paid off”. It wasn’t even a dig 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 12
someone I went to school with announced their engagement on Facebook a few years ago and one of her friends made a post congratulating her and genuinely said “all that hinting paid off”. It wasn’t even a dig 😳
Well done you had to push someone into proposing 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People who put "Be kind" in their profile pics and then proceed to be 'orrible, judgemental shitbags to others.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
'You know my name, not my story'. So basically your the local bike and have a rep.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
People who put "Be kind" in their profile pics and then proceed to be 'orrible, judgemental shitbags to others.
The only people who use this are people that won't accept valid criticism of their awful behaviour

"nine months in, 9 months out" pregnancy/baby photos :rolleyes:

• Haha
I'm a old bag, so I'm very much not the target audience, but I honestly don't understand how the influencer thing caught on so quickly?
I mean, everyone moans endlessly about ads on FB, Twitter and YouTube, but they're quite happy to spend hours online, following the lives of people whose only actual job is to sell stuff to you? I don't really follow influencers but from what I gather, without exception they're all bragging about something. Their car, clothes, holiday, jewellery, skincare regime, tech and home decor...it's all attainable and up for grabs at the right price. Either that or they're pimping out their kids, pets or partners.
I recently signed up to Insta, just to follow an artist that I like (I was at a gig and there were lots of photos uploaded which I wanted to see)
I started following some celebs, and Jennifer Aniston was suggested. I loved her in Friends, and I've always thought that she was pretty cool but even she's flogging protein bars or some such tat, she's bloody loaded, surely she doesn't need the money? I want to see pics of her dogs and her beach house, not her yukky kale smoothies or whatever 🙄😭

Reactions: 25
I'm a old bag, so I'm very much not the target audience, but I honestly don't understand how the influencer thing caught on so quickly?
I mean, everyone moans endlessly about ads on FB, Twitter and YouTube, but they're quite happy to spend hours online, following the lives of people whose only actual job is to sell stuff to you? I don't really follow influencers but from what I gather, without exception they're all bragging about something. Their car, clothes, holiday, jewellery, skincare regime, tech and home decor...it's all attainable and up for grabs at the right price. Either that or they're pimping out their kids, pets or partners.
I recently signed up to Insta, just to follow an artist that I like (I was at a gig and there were lots of photos uploaded which I wanted to see)
I started following some celebs, and Jennifer Aniston was suggested. I loved her in Friends, and I've always thought that she was pretty cool but even she's flogging protein bars or some such tat, she's bloody loaded, surely she doesn't need the money? I want to see pics of her dogs and her beach house, not her yukky kale smoothies or whatever 🙄😭
Totally agree, remember in the late 90s when Andrea Turner was (rightly) slated for having her wedding photos sponsored by flake? Nowadays even huge celebs who definitely don't need the money are flogging tat online

Reactions: 12

Presumptuous and insensitive too.
I hate when people say things like “you next” when it comes to pregnancy and babies.
For all they know the person could be having difficulty conceiving and it be a source of heartbreak to them.
Some people really do have no tact.

• Heart
“Sweet”
Solomon sharing “sweet snaps” of her family
Danni Dyer sharing a “sweet post” about something banal.

There’s nothing sweet about SS in her outsize babygro !

Reactions: 5
Couldn't agree more! I think it's totally mad that influencer is an actual job people can have and that there are millions who are gagging to follow these people. Has never made sense to me.

Reactions: 15
It's bizarre thing for me is that influencing actually works. There must be something that is subconsciously doing something to us to make it lucrative though because I can't say I've ever actively influenced by an ad or an influencer yet they clearly work otherwise it wouldn't be a thing!

I also think celebrities have always been mystical and alluring. It was a secretive world, even when I was growing up in the noughties. Now you can see what your favourite celeb is doing from your bed.

Reactions: 11
It's bizarre thing for me is that influencing actually works. There must be something that is subconsciously doing something to us to make it lucrative though because I can't say I've ever actively influenced by an ad or an influencer yet they clearly work otherwise it wouldn't be a thing!

I also think celebrities have always been mystical and alluring. It was a secretive world, even when I was growing up in the noughties. Now you can see what your favourite celeb is doing from your bed.
Yeah, and then they spout their weird views on Twitter or reveal something dodgy about their personality and you feel disappointed and conflicted. Back in the day you could just admire someone's work and not have to know about their icky quirks.

I often think this about the general public too. In that, it used to be you'd read the paper and maybe make the odd comment over the breakfast table and then move on with your day.
Now, people feel the need to spend hours and days in the comments arguing with complete strangers, with every little thing they think in writing. It's never ending and it gives us the impression that everyone is in an uproar over something all the time because now we see it when before we'd have maybe only see it in the letters page of the local paper. And then you'd have mostly thought "Nutter Victor Meldrew type", tutted and moved on.

However, I'm fully aware that I'm now doing the exact same thing here myself! 🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.