Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People feeling the need to pose in their underwear under the guise of empowerment.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
People feeling the need to pose in their underwear under the guise of empowerment.
and those "no makeup selfies" where they look amazing/flawless kin etc just to get complimnets like "you are beautiful inside and out" :sick:

Reactions: 14
This is obviously an 'I'm a good mother' flex.
Or an “I’m so bored in my life and desperate for attention that I have created an absolute non debate so that my FB comments blow up and I feel popular” 🙄

Reactions: 11
I’ve been using tiktok more over the last year and it really annoys me how younger beauty / makeup influencers apply the product directly on their face! They end up tilting they’re head, putting on excessive amounts and it usually drops off sometimes (which I find really wasteful anyway considering how much my skin care costs I’d be devastated if any of it just fell on me or on the floor!!).

why do none of them put it on the back of their hand then apply? I just don’t get it! Am I old? Or is this meant to look better in a video etc?

Reactions: 9
Absolutely fed up of seeing mums of multiple children posting videos of themselves standing in the middle of their living room while their children walk past them in chronological order. Wow, 8 kids by the age of 35 - well done you, hun! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 34
When I said in the last thread that I’m sick of getting weird FB marketplace ads for trashy dresses (or more likely the girls in them) this is what I meant! And now a thong too 🤢😂 Anyone else have this??

6B79FCEF-AB37-4BFE-B437-A01C39C6432C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Oh my god I’m in a dyson airwrap group and this one posted pics of her curled hair in her bra. Someone posted put them away and she got piled on “jealous” “if you’ve got it flaunt it” #bekind etc 🥴
The following day your one covered up in a dressing gown but put one shoulder down to show off that she wasn’t wearing a bra if that make sense 🤢🤢 then all these “seductive”, looking away, mouth open poses.
I’m hardly a prude but duck off who are you trying to impress.

My social media annoyance for the day - posts saying it’s the 87th day in January, like it’s clearly not. We get it, it’s a long month. Haven’t you a couch to 5k to be doing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Skincare "gurus" smearing a ton of moisturiser on their faces, not letting it sink in so it's sitting on top of their skin looking sticky and gross and captioning it "that ✨glow✨ though" 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 17
People who still insist posting photos of their food and writing 'Nom nom nom' 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Oh my god I’m in a dyson airwrap group and this one posted pics of her curled hair in her bra. Someone posted put them away and she got piled on “jealous” “if you’ve got it flaunt it” #bekind etc 🥴
The following day your one covered up in a dressing gown but put one shoulder down to show off that she wasn’t wearing a bra if that make sense 🤢🤢 then all these “seductive”, looking away, mouth open poses.
I’m hardly a prude but duck off who are you trying to impress.

My social media annoyance for the day - posts saying it’s the 87th day in January, like it’s clearly not. We get it, it’s a long month. Haven’t you a couch to 5k to be doing.
I honestly don't get why people think Januay drags , it is a depressing month but I don't think it seems longer than any other time of the year , doesn't seem that long since New Year imo

Reactions: 7
I honestly don't get why people think Januay drags , it is a depressing month but I don't think it seems longer than any other time of the year , doesn't seem that long since New Year imo
I think January drags a bit. It's probably a lot to do with people having no money as Christmas is expensive and a lot of people get paid before Xmas, so it feels like a long time between pay days. It is also dark and cold and still a long way till it starts getting nicer outside.

That being said, I don't mind it and I don't want to be wishing my life away waiting for the next month to come quickly.

Reactions: 8
I think January drags a bit. It's probably a lot to do with people having no money as Christmas is expensive and a lot of people get paid before Xmas, so it feels like a long time between pay days. It is also dark and cold and still a long way till it starts getting nicer outside.

That being said, I don't mind it and I don't want to be wishing my life away waiting for the next month to come quickly.
i also think christmas is such a milestone for december, it feels a bit like december ends on boxing day.

Reactions: 10
Not sure if this is just me, but every second video on Instragram reels is a 'makeup artist' with about 12 followers demonstrating how to use Seint makeup. I Googled it because it seemed a bit weird and it's an MLM that's been around for a while - no idea why I'm suddenly seeing all these people promote it.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.