Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who use the price of Freddos in cost of living comparisons. I get your point, but oooh aren't you so retro and quirky 🙄

Screenshot_20230113_075347.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who have done well for themselves overextending to buy huge old houses to do up, then fill their instagram feed with just how HARD it is to be them: SO much to do, it’s SO cold, they ‘can’t afford’ to heat it, it’s ugly, the kitchen is too big, the third living room is a bit dark, the 42 windows needing replaced are too expensive, and they can’t find the time to care for the HUGE garden.

It’s a fresh moan every day about just how hard it is to live in a huge renovation project that they chose to buy!

Just stop acting like you understand the cost of living crisis and fuel poverty, when you chose to buy an enormous house, still manage to buy new furniture every WEEK, go on multiple foreign holidays, and get your groceries from sodding Waitrose! 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I saw a long winded version of this today. Shared by people that absolutely should know that copying and pasting doesn’t change an algorithm FFS Reminded me why I rarely go on Facebook!
It "upgrades the system". What system? I don't think that Sharon from Basingstoke is going to be able to upgrade Facebook's "system" by doing this 🥴 And nothing stops the ads...I know how to do this on most sites but even I can't get rid of FB ads on my feed. It's why I don't use FB now, it's soooo boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It "upgrades the system". What system? I don't think that Sharon from Basingstoke is going to be able to upgrade Facebook's "system" by doing this 🥴 And nothing stops the ads...I know how to do this on most sites but even I can't get rid of FB ads on my feed. It's why I don't use FB now, it's soooo boring.
I used to live in Basingstoke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People making gofundme’s for their pets vet treatments. Why should random people pay for your cat to have emergency surgery? Either pay for insurance or save up, or don’t have pets.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
People making gofundme’s for their pets vet treatments. Why should random people pay for your cat to have emergency surgery? Either pay for insurance or save up, or don’t have pets.
Just my opinion but I also don’t think people should have go fund me’s for IVF
Like two lesbians did on my Facebook
Found it an absolute piss take expecting people to fund for it

• Wow
Reactions: 50
Just my opinion but I also don’t think people should have go fund me’s for IVF
Like two lesbians did on my Facebook
Found it an absolute piss take expecting people to fund for it
We struggled to conceive and kept it v quiet about our prep for IVF - we didn’t tell either set of parents, we knew they’d want to help financially but I couldn’t handle the pressure that we’d be using other people’s money and I was afraid theyd feel they’d have some kind of stake in whether it worked.
To have that but multiplied by however many donors would be horrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
As much as I love pets I totally agree. There’s a woman in a Facebook group I’m in who constantly has a gofundme running for her cats vets bills, but then every few months or so she’ll post about getting another new pet. Pay for the ones you have!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Might get lynched for this one.

There’s also a gofundme for a local little boy who unfortunately has a brain tumour. His parents have set it up for fuel costs, hotel costs, and covering the time off work they have to take - and a holiday for them as a family.
Don’t get me wrong, my heart breaks for them and the world is so cruel, but it just doesn’t sit right with me. Especially as it’s been set up by themselves. If it was from another family member or a friend, or even another local person, then I wouldn’t be as object.

Reactions: 21
A friend who was single(no dependants) and in a very well paid professional job did a go fund me for surgery for their pet. A very well known issue for that breed too. I thought it was beyond cheeky as they should have had more than enough cash to deal with it without begging.

Reactions: 12
Might get lynched for this one.

There’s also a gofundme for a local little boy who unfortunately has a brain tumour. His parents have set it up for fuel costs, hotel costs, and covering the time off work they have to take - and a holiday for them as a family.
Don’t get me wrong, my heart breaks for them and the world is so cruel, but it just doesn’t sit right with me. Especially as it’s been set up by themselves. If it was from another family member or a friend, or even another local person, then I wouldn’t be as object.
I get this. There’s been a couple on our local groups. It is sad for everyone.
I just wouldn’t dare ask for money from strangers especially to go on holiday? You can make memories at home if they wanted to?
I think a lot of go funds me are quite cheeky. The ivf one a little bit as well as I know people want to have children but once they have a child would they be asking people to pay for it when it’s older? (Apart from people on benefits😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've never been able to get my head around celebrity couples who feel the need to run to social media to inform us that their children 'remain their number one priorty' when they announce their separation. Surely that goes without saying.

The latest pair to do it are Noel Gallagher and his missus. Why oh why do the general public need to know this detail.

Reactions: 19
Too many people use any social media even work based ones like Facebook. I joined nextdoor a few years back when we moved and thought oh that’s useful for local info/heads up for crime and so on.

It’s just turned into another Facebook type group moaning, shaming posts, borderline racism, arguments over vaccines/covid/etc, political posts and so on you get the drift . Im not bloody interested in all that so I’ve left.

Reactions: 15
Too many people use any social media even work based ones like Facebook. I joined nextdoor a few years back when we moved and thought oh that’s useful for local info/heads up for crime and so on.

It’s just turned into another Facebook type group moaning, shaming posts, borderline racism, arguments over vaccines/covid/etc, political posts and so on you get the drift . Im not bloody interested in all that so I’ve left.
Sounds right up my street. Off to join.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.