Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I'll have to stay off social media over Easter. I cannot bare everyone showing off Easter baskets for their kids which include everything but a £3 Easter Egg from the supermarket!

Toys, films, games, pyjamas, clothes, hairclips- I even had one of my friends last year gift her children all this in an Easter basket plus as an Easter treat a 3 days stay at Disney Paris. 🙄

I can't stand it. Part of the reason probably is jealousy before people come at me. I'm a single mum of 2, had to hold down multiple jobs at once sometimes in their childhoods. But also... there is no need for it. At all. I get my kids one medium sized egg each and maybe an Easter lolly and a few sweets/mini eggs chucked in. I know they will get eggs off everyone else so they really don't need much. I remember my excitement as a kid at Easter just getting one simple egg. I would savour that egg for days!

The same can be said for the month of December. Advent calendars that aren't chocolate but full of toys or lego or make up. Then a Christmas eve box which includes toys and pyjamas and books and sweets and chocolates.

My 2 just have a chocolate advent calendar and new PJs every Christmas eve as a tradition. They get all of their presents on christmas day 🤷‍♀️ Everything is about showing off these days and I'm so sick of it. And jealousy aside that they can afford these things, I think even if I could, I wouldn't want to.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s a nonsense and doesn’t mean to say those families are any happier. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Insta Huns saying "Happy Monday" or whatever day of the weeks irritates so much! Happily Feck Off Day !

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Couldn’t agree more. It’s a nonsense and doesn’t mean to say those families are any happier. ❤
The whole thing is just one long bragfest. No one should ever be made to feel inadequate by it.
Easter boxes, easter trees and tables, easter hot chocolate stations. All created by instahuns who just need to go and get a job, or some kind of purpose in life beyond relentless consumerism and showing off.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
There's this dose of shite on Facebook that post regular updates of everything she's doing including her meals complete with " pasta kinda day " or another time she was making a dinner and said "come bake with me" 😂 She spellz like dis as well like we are back in the bebo days . She got a new luv of her lyf recently and Yesterday she was bragging how he'd bought her a new pair of trainers.. today she has said trainers up for sale 😂 how are you not embarrassed like . 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Day in my life reels on Instagram, featuring so-called perfect mornings in crisp white bedrooms, expensive coffee machines, designer workout gear and all set to an acoustic guitar

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think I'll have to stay off social media over Easter. I cannot bare everyone showing off Easter baskets for their kids which include everything but a £3 Easter Egg from the supermarket!

Toys, films, games, pyjamas, clothes, hairclips- I even had one of my friends last year gift her children all this in an Easter basket plus as an Easter treat a 3 days stay at Disney Paris. 🙄

I can't stand it. Part of the reason probably is jealousy before people come at me. I'm a single mum of 2, had to hold down multiple jobs at once sometimes in their childhoods. But also... there is no need for it. At all. I get my kids one medium sized egg each and maybe an Easter lolly and a few sweets/mini eggs chucked in. I know they will get eggs off everyone else so they really don't need much. I remember my excitement as a kid at Easter just getting one simple egg. I would savour that egg for days!

The same can be said for the month of December. Advent calendars that aren't chocolate but full of toys or lego or make up. Then a Christmas eve box which includes toys and pyjamas and books and sweets and chocolates.

My 2 just have a chocolate advent calendar and new PJs every Christmas eve as a tradition. They get all of their presents on christmas day 🤷‍♀️ Everything is about showing off these days and I'm so sick of it. And jealousy aside that they can afford these things, I think even if I could, I wouldn't want to.
Mine get a small Easter Egg, an Easter book and some little treats, like bubbles, crayons and colouring books. My littlest is too younger for all that and chocolate, so bubbles, book and a teddy (£1 shop one). Maybe it's too much, but my they have birthdays Oct/Nov/Dec, so I sometimes get them little bits extra as all the birthday and Christmas bits are really close and now Halloween too if that makes sense.

And even then, we don't really spend more than £100 each on birthday and Christmas combined because we can't afford it and quite a few of their presents have been second hand or bought throughout the year in sales/offers.

And for advent, a simple chocolate calendar. We've never done a Xmas Eve box.

I don't think it's jealousy at all, I just think people have a desperate need to show off how great they think they are, when really, and it might be an unpopular opinion, they are just buying their kids love.
---
It's ridiculous and all 100% for social media - how pathetic that people are that concerned with what people they barely know / literal strangers think of them nowadays. You sound like a great mum and I bet your kids love what you get them - it's all about the memories after all!
Definitely this, I barely remember presents, but the time I had with my family.

Reactions: 4
I used to always get an outfit or something even into my teens at Easter but that was because my parents didn't just buy me clothes whenever I wanted so it was a treat.

We do a hunt with our kids but just with Maltese bunnies or something because it's fun and they love it. I genuinely don't share photos all over socials I'm just not like that

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.