Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way influencers move when being filmed, there’s a woman who has a page called Kazzstyle, lovely woman I’m sure but the way she moves when modelling outfits gives me the ick - all that prancing about

Reactions: 4
People panelling and ship lapping their houses so they look just like everyone else’s house.

Reactions: 17
People panelling and ship lapping their houses so they look just like everyone else’s house.
I'm looking forward to when panelling isn't the cool thing and the effort it will take for people to get it removed and have just a regular flat wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It's like dado rails I ripped mine off when I bought the house 7ish years ago and now they're all putting them back up

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When the OnlyFans gworls don’t want to trigger a censor on Instagram so they call it “my spicy cooking page” 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think I'll have to stay off social media over Easter. I cannot bare everyone showing off Easter baskets for their kids which include everything but a £3 Easter Egg from the supermarket!

Toys, films, games, pyjamas, clothes, hairclips- I even had one of my friends last year gift her children all this in an Easter basket plus as an Easter treat a 3 days stay at Disney Paris. 🙄

I can't stand it. Part of the reason probably is jealousy before people come at me. I'm a single mum of 2, had to hold down multiple jobs at once sometimes in their childhoods. But also... there is no need for it. At all. I get my kids one medium sized egg each and maybe an Easter lolly and a few sweets/mini eggs chucked in. I know they will get eggs off everyone else so they really don't need much. I remember my excitement as a kid at Easter just getting one simple egg. I would savour that egg for days!

The same can be said for the month of December. Advent calendars that aren't chocolate but full of toys or lego or make up. Then a Christmas eve box which includes toys and pyjamas and books and sweets and chocolates.

My 2 just have a chocolate advent calendar and new PJs every Christmas eve as a tradition. They get all of their presents on christmas day 🤷‍♀️ Everything is about showing off these days and I'm so sick of it. And jealousy aside that they can afford these things, I think even if I could, I wouldn't want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I think I'll have to stay off social media over Easter. I cannot bare everyone showing off Easter baskets for their kids which include everything but a £3 Easter Egg from the supermarket!

Toys, films, games, pyjamas, clothes, hairclips- I even had one of my friends last year gift her children all this in an Easter basket plus as an Easter treat a 3 days stay at Disney Paris. 🙄

I can't stand it. Part of the reason probably is jealousy before people come at me. I'm a single mum of 2, had to hold down multiple jobs at once sometimes in their childhoods. But also... there is no need for it. At all. I get my kids one medium sized egg each and maybe an Easter lolly and a few sweets/mini eggs chucked in. I know they will get eggs off everyone else so they really don't need much. I remember my excitement as a kid at Easter just getting one simple egg. I would savour that egg for days!

The same can be said for the month of December. Advent calendars that aren't chocolate but full of toys or lego or make up. Then a Christmas eve box which includes toys and pyjamas and books and sweets and chocolates.

My 2 just have a chocolate advent calendar and new PJs every Christmas eve as a tradition. They get all of their presents on christmas day 🤷‍♀️ Everything is about showing off these days and I'm so sick of it. And jealousy aside that they can afford these things, I think even if I could, I wouldn't want to.
It's ridiculous and all 100% for social media - how pathetic that people are that concerned with what people they barely know / literal strangers think of them nowadays. You sound like a great mum and I bet your kids love what you get them - it's all about the memories after all!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It's ridiculous and all 100% for social media - how pathetic that people are that concerned with what people they barely know / literal strangers think of them nowadays. You sound like a great mum and I bet your kids love what you get them - it's all about the memories after all!
Well this lovely post has cheered my whole month up! ❤

Thank you! And completely agree, it's all about showing off.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

It’s keeping up with the Jones’ but the online edition.
Would they buy all that stuff if they weren’t going to take pics and show off with it online? I highly doubt it.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.