Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Underhiseye

Chatty Member
I was terrified of Ronald McDonald, no other clowns just him. I used to have nightmares that he was driving through my bedroom window on a motorbike 🙈

also was scared of, and still am really, the evil queen in the cartoon Snow White film. Specifically when she looks really old and haggard and is at snow whites window with an apple. I feel nervous thinking about it now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

SarahGard83

VIP Member
The x files episode with tooms terrified me. Was convinced he was going to climb out of the vents in my sisters house while I was babysitting my nieces. Was about 13 at the time

Vidyagaymes

Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds music. And the art in the CD... There's this picture of crows eating the dead aliens and it totally freaked me out...

Also aliens generally... I watched that blurring alien autopsy footage when i was really too young and i was convinced i'd get abducted or something.

Our stairs at home were also creepy... I used to run up and down them when i had to use the to get it over quick!

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I was a MASSIVE scaredy cat as a kid, I finally grew out of it in my early twenties 😂 Here are some of mine:

- I don't care if anyone tells me they're meant to be funny but I completely blame The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes for a lot of my fears. Some of them are shit scary!! The zombie one, the one with the gremlin on the side of the bus carrying Flanders severed head, the one where the Pierce Brosnan house takes over, the one where they're eating the school kids in the cafeteria, the one where the gas turns them inside out, the one where Groundskeeper Willy kills them in their sleep.... I could go on and on.

- The Witches film. For some reason, they put it on as an end-of-term "treat", and I cried so hard the teacher had to take me out of the room and I remember months later I saw The Witches book in a National Trust gift shop and had a breakdown again lol.

- Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids, especially the story where the boy that never went to bed when his parents told him got his eyelids stitched open permanently as punishment. Watching this as a kid who consistently had trouble sleeping was awful, I thought some grim reaper was going to come to me in the night to stitch my eyes open.

- Watership Down and Animal Farm and Fox and the Hound were traumatising for me. Especially that beastly rabbit covered in blood.

- What was the sequel to Life on Mars called with the David Bowie clown running towards the camera in it? Life on Mars itself was pretty scary too with the little girl and the clown technical difficulties sign.... 😨

_basic_

VIP Member
I love threads like these, you get some run of the mill fears which seem obvious and some odd ones which have usually materialised from the persons own experiences.
Anyway mine is Daleks (obvious)
And walking past covered swimming pools (I was convinced I would get sucked in and can vaguely remember watching something where someone fell in, got tangled up and drowned.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
The theme tune to Panorama

Bucks Fizz song - land of make believe

The Stranglers song- Golden Brown

A couple of books: Childen of the Dust (nuclear war) Grinny (aliens)

Saddam Hussein in the early 90s/ Gulf Crisis - I was convinced her would start world war 3 (see above)

The witch in the Ladybird classic version of Rapunzel - the dad getting caught in the witches garden 😨

An episode of the Moomins where the snow queen comes (I think?)
omg how wierd i was only telling my kids the other day about an episode of the moomins that terrified me as a kid..where theyre looking out the window and some being gradually came closer and closer ..it was really sinister!
to be fair the girl human character in the moomins also freaked me out ..i think its because they have no mouth!
i looked it up ..its called lady of the cold !

• Haha

Hubert

Yes! Wasn’t it a boy who went to get it and he said something like ‘Dont worry, I’ll get it for you!’ It was the saddest and scariest thing I’d ever seen on TV at that age

I’m sure there’s one where some kids where throwing around a girls doll and it landed on top and an electric box. I’m sure one of the kids went to get it and was electrocuted. I could then never understand why some of my peers would climb into the barricaded electric box thingy, but they were never harmed.

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
I was scared the look in the mirror at night after watching Bloody Mary...

I also had an irrational fear that someone would climb through my bedroom window to kidnap me during the night.

Hearing noises during the night and being petrified it could be a ghost/serial killer.

The idea of being followed to/from school by men driving a white van or a black car. So many kids at my school actually experienced this!

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I used to live in South Africa during my childhood, and my bedroom was festooned with dolls of various sizes and descriptions.

But whenever I went to bed I had to take them all into a cupboard in my parent's bedroom because I used to wake up in the middle of the night and see their silhouettes in the gloomy darkness, and in some cases their staring shiny eyes glaring right back at me in my bed.

Sometimes my imaginative mind went into overdrive, convincing me that everytime I looked at these dolls that they were slowly get closer and closer to my bed!

So they had to go!

• Wow

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
The TV show Strange But True (in the U.K.) not sure if anyone remembers it but it was mid 90s and on a Friday night about ghost stories. I wasn’t allowed to watch it by my mum but my dad used to let me, I still remember some of the stories now.
i was quite the opposite..i loved this !

• Heart

Tree_

VIP Member
I had a really irrational fear of mirrors & even had a way of shimmying past all the mirrors in the house without being reflected in them 😂

I was terrified that the reflection would do something that I didn’t. Not sure that Bloody Mary or goosebumps on citv helped lol
Me and my cousins did bloody Mary in a mirror when I was about 5. Still avoided mirrors in the dark til my mid twenties lol.