Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nosey Moo

Chatty Member
Freddy Krueger in general still to this day he screams the life out of me the part in the film where he sucks the girl into the bed oh no that ruined me and i would never sleep in a bed for years after thay so made my mum get me a sofa bed I figured that was the safest but that's my worst
The bath/plug hole scene got me. I used to be in the bath and just watch the plug hole just incase it moved 🤣🤣 and I used to love baths but after that they got very quick. my cousin was mean and put it on one night 🙈 I was only like 10

• Haha
Reactions: 4

ChloChlo

VIP Member
The episode of 999 where the woman slips in the bathroom and is in a chokehold with the door and the frame. She's alone in the house and stuck like that for ages because she is wedged in a way, where if she moves the door will close in on her neck. That was the one that really scared the crap out of me.

I remember another, where a person ends up impaled on railings after they open a window and fall out.

Me and my sister would often scare ourselves shitless with our parents VHSs...
Creepshow. Looking back it seems to be a spoof. But Meteor shit never sit comfortably with me, nor did that chap who really wanted his cake.

Another one springs to mind. I used to scream at blown up gloves, I probably wouldn't have remembered but my parents kept mocking me for it growing up.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
My mum used to let me watch casualty with her on Saturday nights when I was about 8. There was one episode where someone stole a car that had a kid in the back and from then on I was terrified of being left in the car. If my mum got out to pay for petrol, or to put a letter in the letterbox, I’d have to get out too because I was convinced there was a real chance of someone taking the car with me in it 😂

• Haha

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Forgot to mention I was once convinced and scared that there were tigers and panthers lose in the woods. Our house used to back on to this huge field and the woods could be seen from my bedroom window. Me and my sister used to walk our neighbours dog to help her out and one time we came accross a dead fox, she starts telling me that a lion had escaped from the circus and was on the prowl. Cow! I was perhaps around 8 and she was 13 😅
Them woods near my house always creeped me out. Rumours of devil worshippers, tigers and wolves on the prowl and then when Blaire Witch came on film4 well that just finished me off completely!

• Haha

keytotruth

VIP Member
Petrified of clowns to point my mum had me see someone about it
My back garden at night I always thought someone would be in it for some reason even though never happened or given a reason to think it
The demon head master an goosebumps tv shows couldn't even read the books either

DJ83

The crime watch theme tune and the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

MissRabbit

The alarm noise when someone was being gunged on Noel Edmonds House Party 😂 didn't help the TV volume was always loud in my parents' house.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
the universal logo/music. I used to sit so close to the television that it was so loud, it scared me. I hate loud noises even now.

the BBC logo/music, it used to play before VHS/DVDs (I think I saw it on a teletubbies video and a Doctor Who dvd as a kid) it had a really low, ominous sounding sort of note, it was terrifying like it was out of a horror movie - it always made me squirm. Still does now!

The original Incredible Hulk, even now at 43 I can’t look at him.

Crimewatch, as a teenager I used to get off the bus and have to walk down a long road in the dark and I used to imagine my own Crimewatch reconstruction! I was scared stiff and would curse the fact that my dad was too tight to pick me up 😂😂

• Haha

Noone1234

When I was round about 9/10 years old a girl I knew had said a man in a white van had told her to get in, it was such a big deal at the time and it triggered the biggest fear of vans for me I used to take panic attacks if I was on my own and seen one approaching.
When I think about it now I’m absolutely certain she had made it up for attention but it took me years to get over it.

and also the theme tune to heartbeat on a Sunday night - that’s when you knew the weekend was well and truly over lol

• Haha

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I was scared the look in the mirror at night after watching Bloody Mary...

I also had an irrational fear that someone would climb through my bedroom window to kidnap me during the night.

Hearing noises during the night and being petrified it could be a ghost/serial killer.

The idea of being followed to/from school by men driving a white van or a black car. So many kids at my school actually experienced this!
Am 31 and still scared of all of those things 😂

• Haha
I still don’t have a mirror in my bedroom as I am irrationally scared of seeing a ghost reflected in it 😂😂
Oooooh no 😱 or a vampire that’s in the room but not reflected! Eeek I think bedroom mirrors are meant to be bad feng shui anyway? 😂

I won't tell you of my experience when I was 16 one Christmas eve then 😵🤪👻🤣
Oh no way 🙈 my sister’s had a really frightening experience with a mirror too & it sounds like it might be similar to yours 😳

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
I've always had a crazy phobia of ventriloquist dummies, porcelain dolls and the like. I used to be terrified of the dress maker's dummy my mum had in her bedroom.

Even now I look away/shut my eyes if a ventriloquist dummy comes on TV or something.

I'm such a weirdo.
same here..i also hate clowns.
I put mine down to some awful fisher price jack in a box that i was bought as a child. it was truely the stuff of nightmares ! 😱
i really wonder what was going through the designers head hell and why they thought this would be a great toy for a toddler !!
you might not wanna look @Holly Golightly

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha