Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

totallytaz

Chatty Member
back in the day I used to Joe weller and he reacted to this which brought up some deep memory as I had clearly buried it deep in my brain. I forgot how scary this was even now this is still scary to me.
I remember that bear rolling it’s eyes and sticking it’s tongue out. I forgot about the little Scots boy in the house running to rooms and turning the lights on and off.

Reactions: 3

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
The Masked Magician?
Yes! Loved him even though I was scared of most masked things as a child 😂

One of my many childhood fears: Trains.

Before my mum could drive we he had to get trains when visiting family and I would scream, cry and hyperventilate at the sight of a train. Once actually on the train it didn't get any better as the noises and watching the joint between two carriages move side to side was terrifying.

One of fears around trains was falling down the gap. When I was around 11/12 we were getting on a train and my younger sister slipped down into the gap... My fear had become reality, she was in the gap for less than a second as she was holding my dad's hand and he pulled her straight up. She was fine but I was shaking and crying for a while 😂

I still have my fear but it's alot better now. I still panic when getting on and off, especially if the gap is a little wider than normal. If I'm travelling with a suitcase, I get someone else to put it on for me because I need time to safely step on the train 😂

• Sad

Summerdaysx

OMG someone else who remembers that game! The gatekeeper 😂 Xmas 1992/3 memories.My memories of that are him saying ‘bring me the old one’ and the oldest person playing had to come close to the TV screen and the gatekeeper’s face would decompose or something
Yes!!! I honestly thought I was the only kid that was scared of this game!! My family would play it when they all get together and I'd be hiding away in another room, but could still here the bloody game! 🤦‍♀️😄.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Being beaten as a child and doing something that would trigger it.

I was allowed to watch the movie SAW when I was 11- couldn't sleep that that.

SATs :ROFLMAO:

When I was reading Harry potter and the chamber of secrets alone at night when Hagrid said "the chamber of secrets had been opened".

• Sad

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
Salem's Lot ,the part where he's knocking on the window :eek: even now when the birds are pecking at the window i don't look out😬
i was shit scared of the bald vampire in that..i used to do an early morning paper round as a teen...(back in the days when there was loose adverts for Britannia music / videos inside it)...one of them fell out of a paper i was delivering on pitch black winter morning and Salems lot was the featured video on the front with that awful vampires face enlarged on it ...i t scared shit out if me !

• Haha

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
The Boy from Space was absolutely horrific!! I used to have nightmares about the Thin Man coming to get me!!

The Superman II baddies were pretty terrifying too, especially when they were trapped in that rectangle thing and let loose in space!!
My thing was that he was under the bed and was going to drag me out. I still as an adult can't sleep with a foot hanging off the bed and I hate weird jerky walks that you see in horror films

• Wow

totallytaz

Chatty Member
The Blair witch was the first scary film I watched and now I’m terrified of trees at night. 😂 it sounds so stupid and ridiculous but seriously, I don’t mind them in daylight but once the sun goes down it’s a no from me.
I about 9 when that came out and I remember a boy in my class at school called Aaron read out a part of his imaginary writing story and it was inspired by that film. It was called The Barbie Witch project.

I’ll never forget the part where his characters were going around the woods and they saw something scary, he read out “oh no, what’s that, it’s some kind of sex machine!!”.

You can assume that no tv or film genres were off limits for him in his household.

• Haha

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I had a dream when I was little about a half centaur/half scary nun in my living room, so I always had a weird fear of nuns and centaurs. 😂

I was also really germaphobic and wouldn't share any food or drink. Someone asking for a sip of my drink or one of my crisps would cause abject terror.

• Wow

H8Ellie

Gremlins! When the got touched by water and turned into those horrible green things I hated it so badly, I don’t even think I could watch the film now as it terrifies me 🤣

CandyPink99

Just hearing the theme tune to Ghost Hunters on cbbc would petrify me, especially if it was a winters evening and it was dark by 5pm (when it would come on)

I’m sure their was a public service advert about children playing on train tracks as well, any sight of a train track would scare me, didn’t really help that my house backed on to one.

Ceelea

Chatty Member
Those crime watch show re-enactments where actors somewhat realistically played a murderer, kidnapper or sex offender worried me when I was ten or so.

I had nightmares for a while where I was being chased and my legs turned to jelly, or I'd trip over and I ended up bound and gagged in some psycho's car trunk being driven to God knows where.

• Sad