Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Coops

I was influenced by Hinch in the early days with a couple of cleaning products and storage baskets but luckily never went mad and never from a swipe up. However, I now hate all the peddling and gifting on Instagram and actively avoid products which are being sold unless it’s an influencer I trust .

Reactions: 3

Grenouille

I’m very ashamed of admitting it but I was stupidly influenced to buy a Vileda spray mop which I barely use and some Flash bathroom which gave my husband an asthma attack 😓 (I’m not criticising the product, just my stupidity as I knew I should have used natural products because of his asthma...)

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
I really wanted some m&s shoes that dlam was pushing
dragged my bloke into town,found them and they where awful to even look at
while my bloke was still laughing at me I tried them on
i have size 7 feet and in these they looked twice the size
never again…

• Haha

Nothankyou

Not cushty co but a different brand, recommended a few times by one of hinch's arse lickers and I can't smell anything, bought a few different ones too and they're rubbish. Influencers are just in it for the money, this one just recommends them because he often gets gifted them 🙄 I've learnt my lesson 😂
Same here...especially ones from ebay, I have ordered several and absolutely no smell, I am now guessing ebay pays for recommendations seeing as they pay for these swipe up ads?

Dizzy

VIP Member
How are you finding The Ordinary. I’m keen to try! But I have combination skin
I have combination skin and I absolutely love it. It works really well for me - I use the B12 serum and the hyaluronic serum daily plus the rosehip mask thing once a week and the retinol a couple of times a week. I really like the ethos behind the company too.

Lauracj

Not cushty co but a different brand, recommended a few times by one of hinch's arse lickers and I can't smell anything, bought a few different ones too and they're rubbish. Influencers are just in it for the money, this one just recommends them because he often gets gifted them 🙄 I've learnt my lesson 😂
The best ones are morrisons! I've got a few from people on ebay and they're not very good

Reactions: 2
I tried the pink stuff after seeing it online but thinks it’s crap!
The Pink Stuff is rubbish, I got so excited when I saw it in Poundland and immediately rushed home to try it on my oven door as per the viral posts. It’s essentially very fine sand in a pink paste and it left fine scratches on my (not even that dirty) oven door after scrubbing away at it for a good 15 minutes and it didn’t even get fully clean. Conventional cleaning products would have got it spotless in half the time - I shouldn’t have been fooled by a Hinch recommendation.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Worst one I’ve been influenced to buy was the Fairy Drops mascara. It’s all Anna Edit used to talk about for like 2 months and now nothing. I hated that mascara.

mRu

Thinking about it a fair bit!
Real technique make up brushes & UD naked palette cos every make up influencer had these in their kit!
Rimmel wake me up concealer thanks to Tanya burr. Also bought her brow kit which I actually really like, her nail polishes were good quality too.

I bought a few bits cos of Hinch but only flash bathroom has been a repurchase.

I also bought CoLab dry shampoo cos it's rith crillys product & I don't like Batiste and I love it, works a treat on my hair & don't leave any residue, would recommend 💯

Fleur de force recommended the inkey list hyaluronic acid serum and it’s amazing!
Can’t say I’ve ever been sucked In by the rest of the ‘I’ve wanted this for the longest time’ ‘this is my fave enter product here of all time’ bullshit 😂😂 once they have done their thank yous or their touting for sales you never see the products again 😂😂😂😂

AnnaJ

I've got 2 minky cloths and find they collect lots of hair/dust easily, so it's better to use other cloths and wipes as when I'm wiping the bits all on the minky just keep getting spread where I'm trying to clean if that makes any sense... Also when I need to rinse water/cleaning product out of them and squeeze them they lose shape. The only thing I like about them is you can wash in the washing machine and re-use.

Last edited:

Latetotheparty

VIP Member
3yrs ago i was influenced by Mrs rackley home (I know 🙈) to buy a steam mop, it was 💩 I think I used it 3 or 4 times and that was only to try & prove to my hubby it wasn’t a waste of money 🙄 expensive lesson learned. As soon as they all had to declare ads or gifts I swore never to buy anything influencers “love” again.

Cao97x

Chatty Member
Collection lasting perfection concealer
Pixie skincare
Scentsy wax melts
Morphe eyeshadows
Alex drawers from ikea (they’re actually the perfect storage for my desk/makeup area)
Urban decay all nighter setting spray
Nyx makeup (I don’t think I would’ve ever tried it had I not seen it on YouTube but I love it)
Urban decay naked palettes
Real techniques brushes
Beauty blenders (I use a real techniques one but wouldn’t have ever used any of them if I hadn’t see them on social media)

Grenouille

No-one should be using any chemicals in their homes that cause asthma! Don’t feel you need to justify - pretty much all the products that Hinch etc sell are toxic crap that should come with serious health warnings. Avoid avoid avoid!!
Ah thank you, you’re sweet 💕 I don’t know to this day what possessed me to buy it. I have always cleaned with natural products because of my husband’s asthma. I think I needed a reminder to why 😬