Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Now I know we have all seen the light and know influencers and youtubers are just flogging shit they are paid to 'love'. But there must have been a time esp before the ASA got involved and changed the rules that we bought something one of them was 'loving' or mentioned. so Id like to know what you bought because of a influencer/youtuber?

I bought the Oral-b glamourous white toothpaste as Zoella claimed it was brill so I thought I'd give it a try and I wasn't impressed. :LOL:

Reactions: 5

Annoyed 2

Yeah I bought space masks and lektofuels but when I see them gifting to people I’m livid I spend my hard earned cash and they gift them away. So won’t but again. I liked the logs but I wasn’t a fan of the space masks tbh a lot of fuss over nothing
I like Harriet though
I agree with you about the companies gifting their goods. I was very interested in lektofuels until I saw several "influencers" receiving them as gifts. I've not really bought anything as a result of influencers but my list of places I won't buy things from is increasing all the time: TheWhiteCompany, Bloom&Wild, Jo Malone, BobbiBrown etc. I'm also annoyed with AO.COM for gifting expensive items to influencers all the time.

Wheels

An interesting article about dropshipping and he involvement of influencers.
Dropshipping BBC article
Favourite line (a quote) “...Influencers who care about the quality of product they promote are rare, or even non-existent.

• Heart

RacheT82

I love a wax melt and this is off topic but has anyone ordered from cushty co I have on a influencers advice and I’m so disappointed 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can’t smell a thing just makes me think it’s really all about the money!!
I wont buy anything from an influencer... it is all about money
I like to go on etsy and try different sellers
Currently loving Berry Cocoa

shortgirl

Why is it shit?
I just don’t think it’s any different from using regular cleaning products, and unless I was using it wrong then I didn’t find the scent lasted very long either. I just really don’t see the hype / understand why everyone thinks it’s so amazing?

Reactions: 4
That bright purple Mac lipstick called 'Heroine'. I went through a phase of being obsessed with purple makeup, didn't realise unless you have veneers, due to it being opposite yellow on the colour wheel, it makes your teeth look yellow😬

Vera Stanhope

Chatty Member
I bought a spray mop after Louise Pentland raved about it. Unless you have a massive room its basically pointless just end up spraying the furniture. Also it cant be as hygienic as normal mops because your mopping all around the house without rinsing the mop head.
I bought one of these mops too after I saw Mrs Meldrum recommending it.
I should have know it'd be 💩

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Um yes... When spacemask were just launched I bought lots for myself and as gifts but now the lovely Harriet sends them out as freebies to the freeloaders I don't buy them anymore.

Tilly C recommended eye liner and it's fantastic! Not a paid ad but simply a make up tutorial... £1 from Poundland.
I use the Poundland liquid eyeliner and also have about 5 of their black kohl eyeliners (also £1) as they are amazing. One of the few I have found that stay put, aren't too waxy and don't stick to my contact lenses. I keep stocking up as I'm scared they'll be discontinued!

Greed-Futures

Quite a few things. But if I want something I usually watch a few videos reviewing it to see what the consensus is:
* UD Pulp Fiction Palette
* LORAC Pro Palette
* Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
* Tarte Amazonian Clay 24 Hour Blushes
* Buxom Plumping Lip Glosses

Edit: And I've ended up loving all the above!

Reactions: 3

Titntat

VIP Member
A shark hoover, the pink stuff and elbow grease.
I do love my shark and the pink stuff saves me getting third degree burns on my arms from oven pride 🤣

Normally if someone is telling my to buy something on Instagram I will make sure I never do.. But I have been really wanting to try the JD hype. Is it really not worth it? 😂
I have no idea because I cake to my senses before I bought them and realised I can make my own herb and spice blends by using google 🙌🏻

The best ones are morrisons! I've got a few from people on ebay and they're not very good
I never get to go to Asda but went recently and they have a huuuuge was melt section. I spent about 20 mins going through them all. They’ve been really good so far

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Um yes... When spacemask were just launched I bought lots for myself and as gifts but now the lovely Harriet sends them out as freebies to the freeloaders I don't buy them anymore.

Tilly C recommended eye liner and it's fantastic! Not a paid ad but simply a make up tutorial... £1 from Poundland.

TheBlondeBuffoon

A tiba+Marl bloody changing bag. It was shit! Zips broke after about one week of use. After that I saw the light.

This one I properly cringe about as it's such an expensive and stupid mistake to make...MOD influenced me to get Morrocan encaustic bathroom floor tiles. Which are beautiful. But also shit and not hard wearing at all for a family bathroom. They show up dirt and they scratch easily too ...we need a new bathroom floor only 3/4 years later.

• Sad

Catwinky

Chatty Member
Far too much.
- an hydrate m8
- wheatbran for fopperholics fucking pan scrubber mug cakes.
- that mayflower chinese curry sauce everyone says 'tastes just like chinese' but doesn't.
- skinny co syrups :sick:

I bought a shark lift away and stardrops pink stuff due to hinch, but I actually like them. Just not her 🤣.

• Haha

sushimama

Chatty Member
I don't follow a lot of influencers / vloggers and somehow three of the girls I do follow - Kenza, Ashley Brook and Negin Mirsalehi - had fertility issues, specifically low ovarian reserve (low AMH). I'm 30 years old (similar to all three) and don't plan on having kids just yet, but yesterday after watching Negin's video it really hit me that maybe I don't really have a luxury of waiting for another couple of years.

So this morning I went and got my AMH levels tested and am now waiting for results. It's silly but of all the things I think something like that is a good "investment".

Yeah I bought space masks and lektofuels but when I see them gifting to people I’m livid I spend my hard earned cash and they gift them away. So won’t but again. I liked the logs but I wasn’t a fan of the space masks tbh a lot of fuss over nothing
I like Harriet though