Things Influencers influenced you to buy.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now I know we have all seen the light and know influencers and youtubers are just flogging tit they are paid to 'love'. But there must have been a time esp before the ASA got involved and changed the rules that we bought something one of them was 'loving' or mentioned. so Id like to know what you bought because of a influencer/youtuber?

I bought the Oral-b glamourous white toothpaste as Zoella claimed it was brill so I thought I'd give it a try and I wasn't impressed. :LOL:

Reactions: 5
THIS! I think it was also Zoella, I must admit I’m still really happy with it although they don’t sell it in Belgium so I always pick it up when I go back to the UK.
2AAC1900-073E-416E-953D-8228F265D5B8.jpeg

Reactions: 12
Bought some stuff from Scousebird online and then realised it was bleeping tat, that you could get it for far cheaper in Home Bargains or Ali Express and that the mark up she puts on her tit is ridiculous. Wanting us to believe she uses this stuff while being gifted left, right and centre and not being transparent with it.

Reactions: 6
I’m wracking my brain here and can’t think of anything. Being naturally suspicious and tight with money has served me well :LOL:

Sometimes I quite like the look of something an influencer is flogging or just owns and loves (apparently), then I go on the website, check the price and nope the duck out. If I really like it I’ll look for a budget alternative. I find myself quite easily influenced in terms of aesthetics but I very rarely buy the same products because I can’t justify the price

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I have bought into the hype of quite a few products the collection concealer as shown above, mac studio fix foundation, maybelline lash sensational mascara and benefit big gal bang mascara to name a few! Luckily I haven't hated any of the products I have been "influenced" to buy.

Reactions: 1
A mascara zoella was wearing as I do love her lashes but alas mine were not as good. Decent product though. Also bought blogilates merchandise back in the day before Cassey started charging an absolute fortune for it

I joined Instagram almost 5 years ago with a weight loss account. When the #ads took off (before they actually declared them ads) I was so brainwashed by those idiots! I’m ashamed to admit I bought a princess planning food diary for £6 ish and the lowest point for me was lo-dough! I actually believed those dicks when they said it was great and tasted just like real pizza! It was bloody awful and was like chomping through an old mouse mat 😂😂 a few times I nearly bought bloody jd seasonings just to see what they were like but then I found gomi and saw the error of my ways 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve bought the foot scrubber fortyplusnotgivingupyet (some name like that, does try-ons with annoying Abi) recommended, which is fab & the lambs wool insoles wearsmymoney recommended, which are rubbish & I can’t get my feet in my shoes with them 🙄 Anytime anybody on IG tags something as #gift #ad #aff I no longer buy from that store/brand...so I guess that’s the complete opposite of influencing isn’t it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
bought the Oral-b glamourous white toothpaste as Zoella claimed it was brill so I thought I'd give it a try and I wasn't impressed. :LOL:
I remember when Zoella was flogging Colgate toothpaste and she said how she naturally had white teeth but it helped. Forgetting that she'd already vlogged the year before going to London to get her teeth whitened 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Quite a few things. But if I want something I usually watch a few videos reviewing it to see what the consensus is:
* UD Pulp Fiction Palette
* LORAC Pro Palette
* Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
* Tarte Amazonian Clay 24 Hour Blushes
* Buxom Plumping Lip Glosses

Edit: And I've ended up loving all the above!

Reactions: 3
I bought a dog harness from wagytail. Its really cute, i have a chihuahua though so i dont know how they would withstand a strong breed

A tiba+Marl bloody changing bag. It was tit! Zips broke after about one week of use. After that I saw the light.

This one I properly cringe about as it's such an expensive and stupid mistake to make...MOD influenced me to get Morrocan encaustic bathroom floor tiles. Which are beautiful. But also tit and not hard wearing at all for a family bathroom. They show up dirt and they scratch easily too ...we need a new bathroom floor only 3/4 years later.

• Sad
Cif Stainless Steel Cleaner thanks to Grinch. It’s been in my cupboard for about a year now. Think I’ve used it twice. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I joined Instagram almost 5 years ago with a weight loss account. When the #ads took off (before they actually declared them ads) I was so brainwashed by those idiots! I’m ashamed to admit I bought a princess planning food diary for £6 ish and the lowest point for me was lo-dough! I actually believed those dicks when they said it was great and tasted just like real pizza! It was bloody awful and was like chomping through an old mouse mat 😂😂 a few times I nearly bought bloody jd seasonings just to see what they were like but then I found gomi and saw the error of my ways 😂😂
Normally if someone is telling my to buy something on Instagram I will make sure I never do.. But I have been really wanting to try the JD hype. Is it really not worth it? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Normally if someone is telling my to buy something on Instagram I will make sure I never do.. But I have been really wanting to try the JD hype. Is it really not worth it? 😂
I have no idea because I cake to my senses before I bought them and realised I can make my own herb and spice blends by using google 🙌🏻

Bath bombs - They were crap
Wax melts - they were crap
tit loads of cleaning products and cloths - they were crap
Then I stopped following, and woke up and now I don’t buy anything

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Cif Stainless Steel Cleaner thanks to Grinch. It’s been in my cupboard for about a year now. Think I’ve used it twice. 🙄
To be fair to mrs Hinch I did buy elbow grease after I first saw her using it and it’s bloody amazing!! I had grease above my cooker that I couldn’t shift and had tried loads of products! I used that on it and the grease literally dissolved and was gone after a wipe 😀

I have no idea because I cake to my senses before I bought them and realised I can make my own herb and spice blends by using google 🙌🏻
*Came to my senses*

Reactions: 8
To be fair to mrs Hinch I did buy elbow grease after I first saw her using it and it’s bloody amazing!! I had grease above my cooker that I couldn’t shift and had tried loads of products! I used that on it and the grease literally dissolved and was gone after a wipe 😀

*Came to my senses*
Same, I bought elbow grease and my oven glass door came up gleaming.

Reactions: 12
THIS! I think it was also Zoella, I must admit I’m still really happy with it although they don’t sell it in Belgium so I always pick it up when I go back to the UK.
View attachment 77999
Yes I can't remember where I saw this suggested, but I picked this up after seeing it on youtube somewhere and I've used it for years now!

• Heart
Reactions: 2