Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh gosh your post has made me so nostalgic!
Parallel 9 was ace. Do you remember when Gino Ginelli did the colour changing spoons promotion?
I used to record the countdown too. I had my tape player on a little table next to a fish bowl of floating candles and joss sticks. So nineties haha.
My best friend and always bought each other So or Exclamation perfume for Christmas, along with vanilla Impulse body spray and some Argos jewellery.

Man O Man was considered so racy for the times wasn't it. Was the adverts one Tarrant on TV?
Tarrant On TV!! That was it!!
I dont remember the colour changing spoons but the Tutti Fruiti ice cream was my favourite.
I used to have a little bowl with floating candles too and those dragon eye stones!! I used to have dark purple walls a red lightbulb in my lamp and nag champa incense...my bedroom looked like a brothel :D I also had a blow up cushion with red feathers inside haha
Do you remember the clown necklace that everyone had, Elizabeth Duke? I was very goth at school way before emo was a thing so hated Elizabeth Duke with a passion.
My parents bought me a microphone and mic stand one xmas and me and my friend would pretend we was Shirley Manson and sing along to Garbage all the time. My mum didnt mind us drinking as long as it wasnt on the streets so she would bring us up a jug of taboo and lemonade or martini bianco and snacks :D

• Heart
Reactions: 6
1594577589817.png

- David and Goliath merchandise with this image. Pretty sure most girls in my year had this poster in their room
- Adams kids clothes shop that had the apple logo on a moving projector over a hopscotch and you'd race the apple to finish the hopscotch while your mum was picking out your wardrobe
- Internationale clothes shop
- Mizz had a range of jewellery in Argos. I had the watch which I treasured honestly until I was about 14
- Girl Talk magazine then progressing on to Mizz, Shout and Sugar
- Smash Hits and Top of the Pops magazine with free tat
- Squeezit drinks that tasted suspiciously like plastic and looked phallic
- Safeways having a creche where you could be dumped while your parents did the weekly shop and you could only have one drink while you were there
- Shopping centre creches
- Mars Planets / Delights
- The Kit Kat version of Mars Delights that Girls Aloud promoted
- Taz bars (although they're now Freddo Caramels but still)
- Freddos costing 10p
- Salt and Pepper Walkers Sensations (think about these often)
- Next clothes emblazoned with the Next logo
- Octopus trousers
- Tammy Girl and their pants always on offer. Their sizes were also done by height.
- Kickers with the chunky heel

I could go on all day!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I've got time now to write some down,
Perms....i remember getting my first perm at 7(yes 7) I rocked that until i was about 12. I still have lots of pics of me trying to channel Baby from Dirty Dancing. I was obsessed with that film and would watch it every day and then listen to the soundtrack on vinyl.
I had one white shellsuit with purple splotches on, I actually ended up in the Haven holiday brochure in that, claim to fame :D
Arbor Mist wine....it was this gorgeous slightly sparkling fruity wine that you just cant get now. I used to feel so classy drinking that. I also liked Babycham a lot.
All the different flavours of Hubba Bubba, the tropical one ws my fave, our chewing gum selection is rubbish. I always stock up when i got to America I also liked that chewing gum in a tube you'd squeeze out.
My mum letting me stay up late to watch Midnight Caller and The Hitman and Her. I had such a crush on Gary Cole. Remeber American Gothic? Channel 4 didnt air it in order so it made no sense, it was a good show though, i have it on dvd.
Going back to my perm(yes I was obsessed and still think about getting another one) L'Oreal Pumping Curls was THE spray to use on curly/permed hair. I can still remember the smell :(
Sat morning TV was the best, Going Live!! Muppet Babies, The Raccoons, Dog Tanian!! Anyone remember Parallel 9?
My sister and I would listen to Dr Fox do the chart countdown every sunday and masterfully stop and start the record when our favourite songs came on. I have a vhs tape of TOTP from 94.....i actually bought a vhs player recently so I can watch it along with a few other videos i have.
Fashion wise Eclipse jeans were the thing at our school, we used to go into Princes Quay in Hull on the top deck and get them from this amazing jean shop.
LouLou Blue perfume( you can still get it) Exclamation and So!!
Anyone remember Looks magazine? It was good. Cosmo was great in the 90s too, really quite raunchy and cool.
Gino Ginelli ice cream.

And ive just rememberd Man O Man with Chris Tarrant :D Can you remeber that show he had were he showed rude adverts from around the world?
God, I used to love The Racoons. Incidentally, my friends and I call going for a smear test 'going for a Cyril' after Cyril Sneer.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
View attachment 179743
- David and Goliath merchandise with this image. Pretty sure most girls in my year had this poster in their room
- Adams kids clothes shop that had the apple logo on a moving projector over a hopscotch and you'd race the apple to finish the hopscotch while your mum was picking out your wardrobe
- Internationale clothes shop
- Mizz had a range of jewellery in Argos. I had the watch which I treasured honestly until I was about 14
- Girl Talk magazine then progressing on to Mizz, Shout and Sugar
- Smash Hits and Top of the Pops magazine with free tat
- Squeezit drinks that tasted suspiciously like plastic and looked phallic
- Safeways having a creche where you could be dumped while your parents did the weekly shop and you could only have one drink while you were there
- Shopping centre creches
- Mars Planets / Delights
- The Kit Kat version of Mars Delights that Girls Aloud promoted
- Taz bars (although they're now Freddo Caramels but still)
- Freddos costing 10p
- Salt and Pepper Walkers Sensations (think about these often)
- Next clothes emblazoned with the Next logo
- Octopus trousers
- Tammy Girl and their pants always on offer. Their sizes were also done by height.
- Kickers with the chunky heel

I could go on all day!
OMG I had that poster in my room 😂😂 (along with 50,000 ripped out NME pages of bands stuck to the wall I mostly couldn’t name one song, in a vain attempt to look cool)

Had totally forgotten about David & Goliath until now 🤣 remember going to the shop in London with my dad and he bought me one of their slogan T Shirts which deeply offended my mum but can’t remember what it said, good times. 😂 all these have made me laugh so much.

• Heart
  • Haha
Can anyone recall those Clearasil blackhead things? It was a little pot with some stuff you painted over your nose and then you would add one of the strips. And I'm old enough to remember Clearasil in the glass bottles, i rememeber a creamy looking one as well as the blue one.

I dont remember the colour changing spoons but the Tutti Fruiti ice cream was my favourite.
I used to have a little bowl with floating candles too and those dragon eye stones!! I used to have dark purple walls a red lightbulb in my lamp and nag champa incense...my bedroom looked like a brothel :D I also had a blow up cushion with red feathers inside haha
Do you remember the clown necklace that everyone had, Elizabeth Duke? I was very goth at school way before emo was a thing so hated Elizabeth Duke with a passion.
My parents bought me a microphone and mic stand one xmas and me and my friend would pretend we was Shirley Manson and sing along to Garbage all the time. My mum didnt mind us drinking as long as it wasnt on the streets so she would bring us up a jug of taboo and lemonade or martini bianco and snacks :D
Ha we have led very similar lives. I had a purple lightbulb in my room that looked red from outside!! With a blow up alien chair.

I was also a goth but a few years after the Elizabeth Duke phase. I remember that necklace. I didn't own it though as I mainly wear silver jewellery (and I thought it was ugly 😬). My mum was not as cool as yours though!

Tutti Frutti was definitely the best flavour!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This one? I don’t even know why this necklace design was a thing 😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Floating candles ... with little coloured glass pebbles at the bottom of the bowl, and some candles shaped like roses 😍
I had those, my cat used to drink the water and then remove the glass pebbles to get the last drops! I would find the pebbles all over the carpet!

• Haha
The chocolate advert that used to go 'thank you very much for the christmas party thank you very much'. Someone sang it at work earlier & the rest of us in the room joined in straight away lol, funny how adverts stick in your head.

Reactions: 4
Fruit of the loom 😳
I remember having a grey jogging suit set that I paired with a bright yellow t-shirt made by them and it was just the most hideous thing. Best part was my sister had the matching set 🤦🏼‍♀️
Hahahah, still very much available here in North America. Walmart sells it, mostly men's underwear.

Reactions: 1
This one? I don’t even know why this necklace design was a thing 😂
My aunt bought me that one Christmas when I was about 14. I had to wear it to be polite, but I hated it. I'm SHOCKED at the price of it though. £90! I'm not sure what year that catalogue was, but it would have been around 1993/94 that I had it.

I feel a bit guilty now 😳

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.