Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
those hair ties with the coloured marbles on , when someone tied your hair back and it pinged - the PAIN!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have been trying to think of the name...
But the mobile classroom visits at primary school. The little room had stars built in the ceiling and a giraffe who would encourage you to to eat healthy and not to smoke. And afterwards you could pick a free gift? 😂
Aww Harold the giraffe and the life caravan!!

Reactions: 3
I had a blueberry one and a packet of rainbow Rice Krispie things (rainbow drops maybe) and I had a full on melt down - I was flying so high the crash still haunts me to this day!
Omg Panda pops used to be a pub garden staple as a kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Mystic Meg on the Lottery
Mystic Meg used to scare the tit out of me, I always left the room when she came on tv.

Also, when the computer did the dial up tone for the internet and then you would get a loud 'WELCOME TO AOL' and each time, I jumped because I had forgotten to turn the volume down on the speakers that always fell over that was placed next to the computer 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My dad used to collect the vouchers out of his Cigarette boxes for some tit gift that took thousands to collect pack of 3 tea towels 😂

Reactions: 9
Wotsits that you could cook in the oven! I was a fussy eater when I was 3/4ish and mum got me these from Iceland. They were massive! Was so disappointed when they brought them back and they were tiny. 😩

• Sick
Wotsits that you could cook in the oven! I was a fussy eater when I was 3/4ish and mum got me these from Iceland. They were massive! Was so disappointed when they brought them back and they were tiny. 😩

I’ve never heard of these! Wotsits got my through my morning sickness and I still crave them a lot. These sound absolutely f-ing amazing 😂

Cuing up to buy a tape/CD that was number 1 in the charts from Woolies on a Saturday. The tiny little cans of fizzy drink and the massive island of pic-a-mix in the middle! Or taping the charts on a Sunday evening, pausing the bits when the DJ spoke 😂🤣

Asda used to do potato triangle crisps, not seen them for years!!

Adidas trousers with poppers that used to pop all the way up! And your mates would try and rip your pants off 😂

The intermission at the cinema, where the ushers came round with ice creams!

A Saturday at the local swimming pool where there was a giant inflatable thing with slides on it!

Tamagotchis (although I’m sure they made a come back!)

Aaah so many memories that kids today will never understand!! (Sorry if someone has already mentioned these, I lost the will to read through 47 pages!!)

*29 not 49!!

Oh and the milkman!! Where did he go. Used to love the glass bottles with orange juice in 🤓

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve never heard of these! Wotsits got my through my morning sickness and I still crave them a lot. These sound absolutely f-ing amazing 😂
they were! Or the proper ones were anyway! They released them in like 2003 I think and they were like, massive cheesy potatoey shaped like wotsits, they were lush! Then when they re released them a few years ago they were like normal chips with a wotsit coating! NOT the same, I was unimpressed! 😂

they were! Or the proper ones were anyway! They released them in like 2003 I think and they were like, massive cheesy potatoey shaped like wotsits, they were lush! Then when they re released them a few years ago they were like normal chips with a wotsit coating! NOT the same, I was unimpressed! 😂
Have you tried the sizzling steak flavour Wotsit's?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Cuing up to buy a tape/CD that was number 1 in the charts from Woolies on a Saturday. The tiny little cans of fizzy drink and the massive island of pic-a-mix in the middle! Or taping the charts on a Sunday evening, pausing the bits when the DJ spoke 😂🤣

Asda used to do potato triangle crisps, not seen them for years!!

Adidas trousers with poppers that used to pop all the way up! And your mates would try and rip your pants off 😂

The intermission at the cinema, where the ushers came round with ice creams!

A Saturday at the local swimming pool where there was a giant inflatable thing with slides on it!

Tamagotchis (although I’m sure they made a come back!)

Aaah so many memories that kids today will never understand!! (Sorry if someone has already mentioned these, I lost the will to read through 47 pages!!)

*29 not 49!!

Oh and the milkman!! Where did he go. Used to love the glass bottles with orange juice in 🤓
Omg the triangle crisps used to love them!!

having to wait till after 7 to use the home phone!

having a set time on the Internet as it was charged by minutes

proper pick n mix from woolies

the shop “spoilers” was a kitchen wear shop that sold everything! The best pencil sharpeners n rubbers haha

The fizzy drink Tab Clear, sure it was made by Coca Cola, and there was a alcoholic drink called castaway tasted like Lilt, we used to mix it with thunderbirds sat on the local park on a Friday night I was allowed out till 9pm on a Friday & Saturday 😂

Can anyone remember the program ‘hammer house of horrors’ it was on on a Friday night and it used to terrify me. There was one episode called them house that bled to death’ I still picture these kids having a tea party and the pipes on the walls burst and covered them in blood 🥴

*the house

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The fizzy drink Tab Clear, sure it was made by Coca Cola, and there was a alcoholic drink called castaway tasted like Lilt, we used to mix it with thunderbirds sat on the local park on a Friday night I was allowed out till 9pm on a Friday & Saturday 😂
Castaway was the first alcoholic drink I ever ordered. I was brought up in a very strict and religious house so didn't drink until just before my 18th birthday. I went out with a friend and met one of her male friends who offered to buy me a drink. I panicked and asked for a castaway as I'd seen my older sister drinking them 😂😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.