Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blue jeans magazine ( I actually got my photo printed in β€œmeet a readerβ€πŸ€£
Scholls the bottoms were wooden and you used to set your neck when you walked
Brookside
Going into your local music store to get the number one record and the shelf was empty and you were devastated
Paying 11p for a tab and a match at certain shops in our area πŸ₯΄
Sarah Kay bedding / bean bags
The wall paper with pink/ blue clouds on ..also had a brush and mirror to match
Dalmatian dog jumper it was reversible with paws 🐾 on one side and a Dalmatian on the other
Geordie jeans
Pea shooters
Those things you used to poke your tea towels in to hang up and nearly pull your finger off if you pushed to far
Brookside!! Jimmy, Mick and Sinbad have just came flooding back to me! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ does anyone remember the storyline where Mick's daughter got her period but was trying to hide it from him, so to try and make her feel less embarrassed he threw her a period party?! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Brookside!! Jimmy, Mick and Sinbad have just came flooding back to me! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ does anyone remember the storyline where Mick's daughter got her period but was trying to hide it from him, so to try and make her feel less embarrassed he threw her a period party?! :ROFLMAO:
No, I don't remember that story but Mick was in Coronation Street a little while back and Sinbad is in The Royal.

Reactions: 2
I used to work in sainsburys years ago and Sinbad came in so we got photo with him πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't remember that but I remember Tinhead :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Smash Hits Magazine, cereals with toys inside, herbie/spliffy jeans, kappa tracksuits, Sweater Shop jumpers, Crimpets

I used to work in sainsburys years ago and Sinbad came in so we got photo with him πŸ˜‚
I met Sinbad outside H&M in Bristol many years ago.

Reactions: 7
OK, is anyone else young enough to remember the Sabrina The Teenage Witch magazine? I LOVED it.

Also, TY beanie babies. They aren't the same now.

Glitter Babes products from Boots were my favourite growing up. Not sure if they're still around.

Omg yes glitter babes from boots! I loved their products. You’ve also reminded me of the natural collection spray bottles boots also sold. They had lots of different ones and I remember all the girls having one in school πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7
Omg yes glitter babes from boots! I loved their products. You’ve also reminded me of the natural collection spray bottles boots also sold. They had lots of different ones and I remember all the girls having one in school πŸ˜‚
Omg yes, dewberey and vanilla were my absolute faves when I was in school!

I have been trying to think of the name...
But the mobile classroom visits at primary school. The little room had stars built in the ceiling and a giraffe who would encourage you to to eat healthy and not to smoke. And afterwards you could pick a free gift? πŸ˜‚

Blue jeans magazine ( I actually got my photo printed in β€œmeet a readerβ€πŸ€£
Scholls the bottoms were wooden and you used to set your neck when you walked
Brookside
Going into your local music store to get the number one record and the shelf was empty and you were devastated
Paying 11p for a tab and a match at certain shops in our area πŸ₯΄
Sarah Kay bedding / bean bags
The wall paper with pink/ blue clouds on ..also had a brush and mirror to match
Dalmatian dog jumper it was reversible with paws 🐾 on one side and a Dalmatian on the other
Geordie jeans
Pea shooters
Those things you used to poke your tea towels in to hang up and nearly pull your finger off if you pushed to far
Brookside😍

Reactions: 1
Yes!!! She was always asking for money wasn't she? And then Mick pulled the pads out of her bag

Reactions: 1
The Body Shop Ananya and Dewberry fragrances; the bath pearls 😍
My Gran always had bath cubes - I suppose they were mini cube-shaped bath bombs

Solvent abuse

M&S clothing quality (bought some knickers recently, the picot trim was not stitched securely on several pairs)

Childrens TV on main channels in the afternoon (used to love watching after school)

Decent TV in general

I really miss being able to go in Virgin Megastore / HMV / MVC etc and browse through the racks of CDs. There are no record shops near me anymore.

An air of mystery around celebrities - nowadays what with the Internet and everything we seem to be told of every little thing they do

Natural-looking make-up

Plant Sound on Teletext - Big Fat Flying Bloke was my fave. Always read in the mornings before school with The Big Breakfast on for sound πŸ˜‚

Someone mentioned Forever Friends, I liked Country Companions with the hedgehogs

Those messenger bags with NASA on. Always wanted one but never got one.

The Sweater Shop. I had two of their jumpers and loved them.
I also coveted one of these jumpers;

image.jpeg

They had them for sale in a shop in my home town called Jacaranda but were too expensive. I loved that place. But looking back now I realise it was basically a head shop, and 12 year old me dragged my Baby Boomer father in there most weeks so I could buy studded wristbands. He used to sneeze 'cos of the incense.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.