Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random one. Community spirit. When I was a kid I literally remember New Years street party’s and delivering Christmas cards to all the neighbours or when a lady up our road husband died everyone made her dinner for like a year. There’s no community any more.
I agree with that x

Reactions: 4
YES! Oh Chardonnay and Tanya! And Tanya rocked up in Bad Girls. I remember my friend telling me about that and she was easily confused and ditzy (she was surprised they had McDonalds in Canada...) so thought she mixed up stories. I was astonished when it turned out to be true 😂
Haha loved that episode. Where she's celled up with that Jamaican woman who raggs her nails off. Miss that show. Old fenner and bodybag and the julies

Reactions: 2
MTV select

Trouble (cable channel)

When your parents phone bill would come in at 150 quid because you called The Box so often🙈
Waiting for your song to come on The Box

Telephone lines to find out all the details of your fave popbands itinerary

Road shows

Faxes

Brown wage envelopes

20/20

Hair mascara

Live Saturday morning music / pop culture TV shows

The charts - sitting taping each song individually

😊

Reactions: 11
Phone boxes
Video shops
TV guides - the only people I know who have one are my grandparents.
Penny for the Guy on November 5th (not seen anyone with a guy since I was a child and I’m almost 30)
Lollipop men / ladies (I live in fairly Central London so I’m sure this contributes, my husband says they’re definitely not extinct)
I live in the East Midlands and we still have lollipop men/women! Although due to ‘budgets’ they have to be volunteered it is no longer a paid job 🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
The Golden Girls, loved this
Roseanne
ER
Chicago Hope
LA Law

Charlie Red perfume
Doc Martins
Kickers
Garage Hill
Hollyoaks but when it first came out
Neighbours (on twice a day!) and Home and Away

Summer holidays were always hot!
Winter always freezing and snowing, listening to the radio to see if ur school was shut, those were the best days!

Reactions: 10
Roseanne made a comeback a couple of years ago and it was still a funny series but then the actress/writer shot her mouth off on twitter and the TV channel dropped her like a hot potato. They made a spin off series called "The Conners" and killed her off.

Campino sweets and Ice cream flavoured chewits. I can confirm lollypop men and women exist in my town to the person that asked haha. Also, I wonder where the sweet van that sold fags, milk, bread and essentials that used to drive round my hometown when I was a little girl disappeared to. Did anyone else have that shop van drive round the area they grew up in?
I grew up in a small village and we had all kinds of vans come around, usually once a week - fish and chips, fruit and veg, video, library, general shop produce, meat, ice cream and also the coal man would deliver sacks of coal in a lorry.

I wanted to be the character harmony from queens nose and I wished that my name was that name 😂 she was very beautiful the girl who played her lol.
Harmony and Melody! 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Blue jeans magazine ( I actually got my photo printed in “meet a reader”🤣
Scholls the bottoms were wooden and you used to set your neck when you walked
Brookside
Going into your local music store to get the number one record and the shelf was empty and you were devastated
Paying 11p for a tab and a match at certain shops in our area 🥴
Sarah Kay bedding / bean bags
The wall paper with pink/ blue clouds on ..also had a brush and mirror to match
Dalmatian dog jumper it was reversible with paws 🐾 on one side and a Dalmatian on the other
Geordie jeans
Pea shooters
Those things you used to poke your tea towels in to hang up and nearly pull your finger off if you pushed to far

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Blue jeans magazine ( I actually got my photo printed in “meet a reader”🤣
Scholls the bottoms were wooden and you used to set your neck when you walked
Brookside
Going into your local music store to get the number one record and the shelf was empty and you were devastated
Paying 11p for a tab and a match at certain shops in our area 🥴
Sarah Kay bedding / bean bags
The wall paper with pink/ blue clouds on ..also had a brush and mirror to match
Dalmatian dog jumper it was reversible with paws 🐾 on one side and a Dalmatian on the other
Geordie jeans
Pea shooters
Those things you used to poke your tea towels in to hang up and nearly pull your finger off if you pushed to far
My god, we must be the same age! 🥳do you remember flint stone jeans?

Body shops white musk perfume
Rimmel heather shimmer lipstick
Versace red jeans
Kickers

Reactions: 6
Where do you get your root beer and what brand is it? I grew up in North America where many brands were available. I miss it. I have found a canned version in Sainsburys, but it’s not very good imho.
Asda sell Carters American root beer 6 can pack for £1.66

Reactions: 1
Was anyone else obsessed with decorative stick on “bindis” as a child? I remember buying them off the rotating display in the Post Office. Clearly nobody had ever heard the term cultural appropriation 🤦🏼‍♀️ A bindi on my forehead and Chinese fake tattoos, gorgeous combination!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.