Things everyone loves but you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pizzas, especially takeaways

Food delivered in a greasy box, sliced up and quite often eaten by hand (even in some pizza restaurants). Neither do they look all that appealing, quite often reminding me of when someone has thrown up outside of a pub on a Friday night (sorry if you're eating your breakfast right about now :ROFLMAO: )
Pizza is hands down the worst take away. I'd rather get a meal deal in Tesco if everyone wants a pizza.

Reactions: 5
Heavy makeup (you don't need primer, tinted moisturizer, foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, powder on your cheeks to go to a supermarket!)
Lip and cheek fillers, heavy Botox
Clothing that's clearly too small...if you can't zip it up, it's not your size!
Big, overly done, pageant hair
Busy outfits/looks that clearly look like you're trying too hard

Reactions: 9
Halloween. Nothing exciting about it. I don't like scary things and hate the pressure to dress up for a party, I don't want to look silly on a night out! Literally never think "omg I can't wait for Halloween". At least it's going to be peace and quiet this year.

Reactions: 15
And baby headbands. So ugly.
And have you noticed there seems to be a correlation - the less “blessed” the child is looks wise, then the more elaborate the headband? It’s like the mothers think you will not mistake my baby girl for a boy if she wears a huge, pink, glittery bow on her head!
And before I get blasted, my dad was able to take me in the boys toilets as a child because I easily passed for a boy! Thankfully no pink bows for me! 😄 I had a face only a mother could love!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Pizza is hands down the worst take away. I'd rather get a meal deal in Tesco if everyone wants a pizza.
I think it depends from where, if the place is very close to you it is fine, but anything more than 15 minutes in that box is just destined to be a sweaty mess

Reactions: 1
Delivered Pizza is such a rip off, you can get a massive ready made, fresh and nice Pizza from Asda for a few quid(£6ish) so why would you want to pay £25.00 for a delivered one? duck that.

I can't remember if this has been said, but gender reveal parties! in an age when gender is supposed to be less of an issue I don't understand how this has become a trend?

Delivered Pizza is such a rip off, you can get a massive ready made, fresh and nice Pizza from Asda for a few quid(£6ish) so why would you want to pay £25.00 for a delivered one? duck that.
The best thing I have found (if you have an Italian bakery/shop nearby, I live in London so it isn't too hard) is to buy (I cannot be bothered maming it myself) a sourdough base they make. they are not expensive butare yum

Hi 👋
Things I hate? Being a ‘newbie’ to this forum! First time poster, long time lurker so a HUGE “hello, be nice...oh, and get off my damn lawn” from me 🥰

Reactions: 4
Popcorn

Reminds me of chewing sugar-coated cardboard
Years ago, my local swimming pool had a popcorn machine. I'd gazed at it longingly every swimming lesson I went to. I finally got to try it when I started going swimming on a Sat morning, with a friend and had some pocket money. Gosh! The disappointment was real. It was the texture from hell.
At least packet popcorn is nicer.

Reactions: 6
Coffee - I’ve never drunk a cup though but eurgh.
Parties
Hen parties
Fancy Dress
Surprises
All black/white/grey decor
Mirrored furniture
Corner sofas (think that choice will be an unpopular one!)
Crushed velvet sofas
”Show” towels - only found out this was a thing this week when someone complained on FB that her son used her expensive show towels!
Ludicrously long eyelash extensions and nails
Little children in flat caps
Babies with pierced ears
Double barrelled first names. Poppy-Mae might be cute when you’re 5 but not when you’re 45!
Even worse, double barrelled first names for boys!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Soaps

Could never get into them, and never will.

Not exactly what I would call escapism when a lot of the stories revolve around murders, deceit, infidelity, drugs etc etc

Parties
Hen parties
Fancy Dress
Surprises
Mirrored furniture
Crushed velvet sofas
”Show” towels - only found out this was a thing this week when someone complained on FB that her son used her expensive show towels!
Babies with pierced ears
Double barrelled first names. Poppy-Mae might be cute when you’re 5 but not when you’re 45!
I am glad someone mentioned double barrelled names. A recent boys one ... Jaxson-Kye.

My mil has show towels 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Soaps

Could never get into them, and never will.

Not exactly what I would call escapism when a lot of the stories revolve around murders, deceit, infidelity, drugs etc etc
Agreed. Some people in work discuss the characters as if they’re real.

Parties
Hen parties
Fancy Dress
Surprises
Mirrored furniture
Crushed velvet sofas
Babies with pierced ears
Are you me??? I agree with every single one!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.