Things everyone loves but you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone who stereotypes women - had so much of it in my life, from older generation - “you should take care of your husband, it’s your job as a woman” or “you can’t play with that, it’s a boys toy” or “get a nice hobby for a girl, you could cook or sew or do home decorating”

once again retail related... I hate it when customers come in buying something for their child/grandchild and we don't have the "correct" colour.

I once had a woman tell me she didn't want to buy the blue baby bath because "it's a girl" I was stood there thinking 'who is seeing the kid in the bath?!'

The other one is when I offer a colour and they literally just reply with "well it's for girl/boy". It's the one time customer service goes completely out of the window for me. I will literally stand there and just repeat "which colour would you like?" until they pick a colour.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The Office and Ricky Gervais.
Strictly come dancing.
On line shopping.
I'm a celebrity/The Fix Factor.
Killing Eve.
Phoebe Waller-bridge.
Ect....

Reactions: 3
once again retail related... I hate it when customers come in buying something for their child/grandchild and we don't have the "correct" colour.

I once had a woman tell me she didn't want to buy the blue baby bath because "it's a girl" I was stood there thinking 'who is seeing the kid in the bath?!'

The other one is when I offer a colour and they literally just reply with "well it's for girl/boy". It's the one time customer service goes completely out of the window for me. I will literally stand there and just repeat "which colour would you like?" until they pick a colour.
My little boy bought some peppa pig glasses yesterday, he was so excited. They are heart shaped and covered in rainbows. Cue some stupid kid in the shop saying he was wearing girls glasses. My kid just looked him in the eye and said "they're not girl glasses, they're my glasses" 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
My little boy bought some peppa pig glasses yesterday, he was so excited. They are heart shaped and covered in rainbows. Cue some stupid kid in the shop saying he was wearing girls glasses. My kid just looked him in the eye and said "they're not girl glasses, they're my glasses" 😊
Bless him, he sounds so cool and I'm glad it didn't put him off the cute glasses ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Brilliant!

• Heart
Aww so cute.

Reactions: 1
Whistling
Soap operas
Strong aftershave and perfumes
Cucumber
Michael McIntyre

(lots more but those'll do for starters!)

Reactions: 5
The World Cup, utter tit and I don't give a duck about balls being kicked in nets.
Board games.
Roast dinners, I honestly never realized people still had these. We stopped all this in the 1980s.
Carvery's and the fact that there's never anything decent for vegetarians/vegans apart from the same old rubbish like a frozen lasagne/ jacket potato.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Friends TV show - I just don’t get the hype or find it remotely funny
Butterflies, they seem to be printed on everything & I’m scared of them haha
Tomatoes
Red wine

• Heart
Aperol

Hot tubs! Can’t bear the thought of sitting in what is essentially other people’s bath water. Just gross 🤮
I also hate New Year’s Eve. In recent years each new year has been awful for my family. I don’t like the false jollity, kissing strangers and all that bollocks. Not for me thanks.
Couldn’t agree more, also known as sex ponds 🤢

Yes to roast dinners! The most overrated bleeping meal ever! Bland tasteless stodge! People think I’m mad but I’d much rather have a pizza or a good curry any day of the week!

Also
Lip Fillers
Fake Tan
Hair extensions
Acrylic nail extensions
French Bull Dogs
Wine
White Trainers
Prosecco

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Charades I bloody hate this game which families insist on playing at Christmas I point blankly refuse to allow it in my house!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Taking your bra off as a massive relief, and something you can’t wait to do at the end of the day. I feel weird without one, not that they’re big or anything but I sleep in a stretchy bra top under other night clothes and wear a t-shirt bra or underwired one all day. Think they look tidier, like a jockstrap for your breasts.

Taking your bra off as a massive relief, and something you can’t wait to do at the end of the day. I feel weird without one, not that they’re big or anything but I sleep in a stretchy bra top under other night clothes and wear a t-shirt bra or underwired one all day. Think they look tidier, like a jockstrap for your breasts.
I literally just had that huge sigh of relief about 5 minutes ago 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.