thewillishome

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aaaahhhhhh poor Rey Rey is struggling to work from home with a toddler 🤣 what did she expect?! Surely he can go into nursery or be with her mum? Welcome to the real world of being a parent hun!!
I did feel for her a little bit tbh. I work with my toddler and it’s really hard to be present yet work.
I don’t have parents around for childcare and he goes to preschool 3 mornings a week but I work full time.
I guess the annoying thing is she always paints it to be so wonderful and easy and it’s not the case. I don’t get Thursdays off either so that’s my life mon-fri but I don’t sit around saying how wonderful it is and painting my life to be perfect at any chance I get. So really it’s just a case of yea it’s hard Rey but suck it up, it’s hard work but it’s peaks and troughs and just parenting and working!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why is she just soooooo dull lately. Not that she was ever hugely interesting before but she’s got even worse recently

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I work full-time and my child goes to nursery full-time. Having your child at home wouldn’t be an option if it wasn’t for home-working because of the pandemic, so I struggle with everyone saying it’s so hard? What would you have done before the world went to tit because he didn’t go to work with her then??

Reactions: 4
I work full-time and my child goes to nursery full-time. Having your child at home wouldn’t be an option if it wasn’t for home-working because of the pandemic, so I struggle with everyone saying it’s so hard? What would you have done before the world went to tit because he didn’t go to work with her then??
I wondered this...surely he went to childcare full time previously, they're all open again now so why is she keeping him home but moaning about him being there??

Reactions: 2
To play devils advocate (not to defend Rey at all!) I don’t know if he was in Childcare fulltime anyway but I personally didn’t have my son in full time and he only started childcare 2 months before the pandemic but him at work w/ me has always been our normal

I was sure Todd’s mum had him before and then he was in childcare but perhaps she’s not able to anymore? Maybe they thought they could save money and it wouldn’t be so different but the reality is different?

This was my exact thinking! Surely pre pandemic you shouldn't be working at home while a child is there.. I know my company wouldn't allow it and most children I know are back at nursery and school..

It’s not fair on Carter never mind her to be at home whilst she’s working! How could she take care of him, stimulate and entertain him, whilst making sure he's safe, whilst also trying to work from home? It must make her lack in her professional and personal life, how ridiculous. Maybe stopping the shopping sprees to impress her followers and trying to earn 3p in commission from swipe ups and instead putting her child in nursery for an adequate amount of time seems like a good plan? Probably so desperate for her new kitchen to impress her followers she’ll just jeopardise his development rather than pay the fees!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
To play devils advocate (not to defend Rey at all!) I don’t know if he was in Childcare fulltime anyway but I personally didn’t have my son in full time and he only started childcare 2 months before the pandemic but him at work w/ me has always been our normal

I was sure Todd’s mum had him before and then he was in childcare but perhaps she’s not able to anymore? Maybe they thought they could save money and it wouldn’t be so different but the reality is different?
I totally appreciate that and I wasn’t necessarily saying he had to be in nursery or that he was previously but she wasn’t taking him into work with her when she was working, so she did have arrangements of some kind? If family/friends can’t maintain those commitments and you’re struggling, then I do think people need to look into childcare options and I don’t just mean Rey.

C being at work with Rey was never her normal, arrangements during the pandemic were abnormal and everyone had to adapt but as someone else said, everywhere is open again now (nurseries were for the last lockdown anyway, regardless of KW status) and if it’s not sustainable for her, she has to think of the real world and perhaps consider options and not moan because it’s hard working from home with a toddler.

I do think that this has lead people to think they’re entitled to have their child at home and not commit to their work, which has never been a normal before. We need to normalise reducing childcare hours because of no commuting times and flexible working but not scrapping childcare all together and thinking our work need to pick up the slack.

• Heart
I totally appreciate that and I wasn’t necessarily saying he had to be in nursery or that he was previously but she wasn’t taking him into work with her when she was working, so she did have arrangements of some kind? If family/friends can’t maintain those commitments and you’re struggling, then I do think people need to look into childcare options and I don’t just mean Rey.

C being at work with Rey was never her normal, arrangements during the pandemic were abnormal and everyone had to adapt but as someone else said, everywhere is open again now (nurseries were for the last lockdown anyway, regardless of KW status) and if it’s not sustainable for her, she has to think of the real world and perhaps consider options and not moan because it’s hard working from home with a toddler.

I do think that this has lead people to think they’re entitled to have their child at home and not commit to their work, which has never been a normal before. We need to normalise reducing childcare hours because of no commuting times and flexible working but not scrapping childcare all together and thinking our work need to pick up the slack.
Exactly! Especially since Rey hasn’t been furloughed, either, or had reduced hours.

This was my exact thinking! Surely pre pandemic you shouldn't be working at home while a child is there.. I know my company wouldn't allow it and most children I know are back at nursery and school..
I used to work for a company years ago that allowed the managers to work from home on Fridays (fab if you were a manager) but then a new director came along and made everyone work back in the office....basically said anyone working from home with kids isn't working 🙈 this was prepandemic and before working from home with kids became a necessity. However he was right you simply cannot work from home with small children and be productive....and its not necessary anymore. She needs to stop making a martyr of herself

She is some sort of admin supervisor for the NHS isn't she?

I am very black and white about it... when you decided to have kids surely you had a plan of what you were going to do- work part time/be a stay at home mum/get child care?

How does she think the rest of the nation cope and let's not forget she has one child 😂 try moaning when you have 3 and work full time rey

• Heart
She is some sort of admin supervisor for the NHS isn't she?

I am very black and white about it... when you decided to have kids surely you had a plan of what you were going to do- work part time/be a stay at home mum/get child care?

How does she think the rest of the nation cope and let's not forget she has one child 😂 try moaning when you have 3 and work full time rey
Yes exactly this!!! I understand people had to do it over lockdown as there was no other choice but now schools, nurseries are open there shouldn't be an excuse IMO. No colleagues I talk to at work have their kids at home anymore and if they did I would be straight to HR

Reactions: 1
So she doesn’t show his whole face in photos but it’s okay in reels.... where’s that logic Rey 😂

• Haha
Hahaha omg just seen that. How can you be so stupid? They’ve really not got a clue with this renovation have they? If you’re going to renovate a property and do major works to it then bloody research EVERYTHING especially if you’ve never done it before 🤣🤣🤣🤣 they should sell up and buy a new build 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’d have kept quiet about ordering tiles for the garden. She acts like a grown up but doesn’t have a clue about most things.

I’d have kept quiet about ordering tiles for the garden. She acts like a grown up but doesn’t have a clue about most things.
It would have been more logical to have spent the £600 on the concrete then the time and money wasted returning them😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3