thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #8 ALL IN running in the Buff; you’ll get a PB if you WANT IT enough

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An inverted progressive marathon strategy is an interesting one! People will be flocking to Tits coaching after this 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m reading this and actually feeling a bit gutted for her. This is not what I’d want for all that effort! My PB is 4.21 and my longest run was 18km as I was actually training for a full iron man at the time. And I’m not quick at all .. 25 min 5km PB and 1.56 half PB. The saddest thing is I doubt she will admit to being gutted .. it will be all how this was for fun. Sixty mile weeks are not for fun, Kels.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
What annoys me is that she consistently says 9:30 pace is "easy" "chilled" "fun" "recovery" so why isn't she doing it now? 🙄

She did a 28 min parkrun yesterday which was apparently taking it easy but turns out that was way faster than mara race pace.

If she'd set out at 10 min mile pace she'd have run an honest marathon with a good time, minimal suffering and maybe even negative splits.
Marathon pace the day before a marathon, what could possibly go wrong? 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She's on for 4:08 if she doesn't slow any more but she's slowing all the time.

She'll say she felt great in the first half but then cough/hypo/weather/insert excuse here.

Reactions: 9
I’ve not been here for ages, and don’t follow much on insta anymore, but she crops up on the explore feed often (annoyingly).
I don’t think she is ever going to learn to train properly is she. She always over does It and flakes when it comes to marathon distance. Going out at the pace she did and expecting to hold it for 26 miles is ridiculous. Tits being the ‘amazing coach’ he is should know better. I actually cringe when I think back to when I considered getting coached by him 🤮

Reactions: 9
Tits is so wrong. 145-149 is NOT her easy heart rate. That's about 85% of her (very low) MAX. NOT Easy. It's marathon pace or grey zone.
EASY IS 60-75% HR which for her should be sub 130. That would probably translate to 6:45-7:15km or 11-12 min/miles.

She's on for 4:08 if she doesn't slow any more but she's slowing all the time.

She'll say she felt great in the first half but then cough/hypo/weather/insert excuse here.
*stomach

Reactions: 6
I’m genuinely willing her to pull it off with a sub4 right now!! Tits is an absolute joke of a coach!!

Reactions: 5
It’s everything I hoped for and more 🤣🤣

Not that they’re going to admit it. This will be the best result ever and the one they were hoping for .
However, the splits don’t lie 🤣

• Haha
She is still going to PB, but she could have certainly ran faster and enjoyed this race more if she was sensible. None of her race results suggest anything faster than 4 hours was ever on the cards

Regardless of what excuses she makes, she went out too hot and was obviously going for the BQ. She obviously thought she had a shot at it and even with Tits trying to drag her along she couldn’t stick it. He should have paced her to a more reasonable time.

5km to go and 35 mins to do it. She might just get sub 4?

I do feel sorry for her - so you think she is utterly delusional and actually thinks she is capable of running the time she set off at? Or do you think deep down she knows she can’t.

Any runner would know they can’t withhold their HM Pb pace in a marathon surely?!

She will PB and then will go on and on about getting PB’s across all the distances this “block” although we all
Know she didn’t come anywhere close to what she wanted to achieve in the marathon

Reactions: 7
I do feel sorry for her - so you think she is utterly delusional and actually thinks she is capable of running the time she set off at? Or do you think deep down she knows she can’t.

Any runner would know they can’t withhold their HM Pb pace in a marathon surely?!

She will PB and then will go on and on about getting PB’s across all the distances this “block” although we all
Know she didn’t come anywhere close to what she wanted to achieve in the marathon
I think she is naive and Tits attitude of rolling the dice, all in etc have derailed her. His attitude is to gamble everything and hope the stars align, but even he must realise that she would have needed absolutely everything to be perfect, a 30kmph tail wind and a short course for her to get anywhere near 3:45 today

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.