thewelshrunner and kellogs_ontherun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone want to wager he won't heed the advice to take it easy on his first run and the altitude will wipe him out?

Reactions: 6
Anyone want to wager he won't heed the advice to take it easy on his first run and the altitude will wipe him out?
Bet heā€™ll be going all in though

Just seen his story from this morning, first post in all of them that heā€™s declared it as an ad from what Iā€™ve seen. Heā€™s such a clown honestly, not sure I can watch anymore of him tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I found the stories this morning really distasteful- itā€™s one thing watching your favourite athletes train and using it as a learning opportunity, but the whole thing made me feel really uncomfortable and seemed quite exploitative to the runners (I canā€™t articulate it well, sorry, but privileged white guy on a paid for trip watching a lot of incredibly talented black runners from a motorbike almost as a spectator sport). Thatā€™s their life, itā€™s not a flipping tourist park.

In fact Iā€™ve worked out what made me so uncomfortable- itā€™s not so much that he watched (although still arguably exploitative), itā€™s that heā€™s filmed it for his flipping YouTube and Instagram which will make him Ā£Ā£. I assume he hasnā€™t asked each runner for their consent to be filmed, nor will any of the YouTube royalties be fed back into supporting young runners at Iten. I wouldnā€™t mind so much if he was filming his training on his paid for trip, but for him to make money off the hard work of people so significantly less privileged that himself is hideous. I imagine heā€™ll then make a big show of donating his (gifted) trainers and kit to some ā€˜poorā€™ runner at the end of his trip. Makes me sick!

Oops- meant that to be a new reply- not an edit to my old post

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
WR is going to be unbearable when he comes back, I'm sure he'll want to carry on training "like a Kenyan" and probably try and get Kelly to do it to. One thing I noticed from his stories is none of the runners were wearing tech, no watches, no HR monitors, no gifted tech that they wear for a week.....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
WR is going to be unbearable when he comes back, I'm sure he'll want to carry on training "like a Kenyan" and probably try and get Kelly to do it to. One thing I noticed from his stories is none of the runners were wearing tech, no watches, no HR monitors, no gifted tech that they wear for a week.....
ā€œAnd this one time, in Kenyaā€¦ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One thing I noticed from his stories is none of the runners were wearing tech, no watches, no HR monitors, no gifted tech that they wear for a week.....
You wait until he shows them the tech built into those Under Armour moon boots, theyā€™ll be chomping at the bit for those heavier than Dr Martins trainers

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So I've started following some other accounts that are also tagged in Iten. I admit I never knew about Iten and I am finding it very interesting. Not necessarily Welshy, but everything else about it. It's definitely better than watching Kellogs blab on about another session or blowing up another marathon. There are some really cool videos coming out of that camp. Hope he is humbled and learns from a gifted trip that none of us will get to experience.

One thing Eilish McColgan said in her Q+A today was that she's tried training at places like Iten and it just doesn't suit her body; so she doesn't go there any more. Wonder if he'll find the same.

I found the stories this morning really distasteful- itā€™s one thing watching your favourite athletes train and using it as a learning opportunity, but the whole thing made me feel really uncomfortable and seemed quite exploitative to the runners (I canā€™t articulate it well, sorry, but privileged white guy on a paid for trip watching a lot of incredibly talented black runners from a motorbike almost as a spectator sport). Thatā€™s their life, itā€™s not a flipping tourist park.

In fact Iā€™ve worked out what made me so uncomfortable- itā€™s not so much that he watched (although still arguably exploitative), itā€™s that heā€™s filmed it for his flipping YouTube and Instagram which will make him Ā£Ā£. I assume he hasnā€™t asked each runner for their consent to be filmed, nor will any of the YouTube royalties be fed back into supporting young runners at Iten. I wouldnā€™t mind so much if he was filming his training on his paid for trip, but for him to make money off the hard work of people so significantly less privileged that himself is hideous. I imagine heā€™ll then make a big show of donating his (gifted) trainers and kit to some ā€˜poorā€™ runner at the end of his trip. Makes me sick!

Oops- meant that to be a new reply- not an edit to my old post
THIS

Whoever you are, just THIS

The entitled white privilege at play across all the bloody Influencers actually boils my piss.

I couldnā€™t articulate it better and thank you for shining a light on this as an issue.

Please let him not start with the virtue signalling, although itā€™s pretty predictable

• Heart
Reactions: 13
One thing Eilish McColgan said in her Q+A today was that she's tried training at places like Iten and it just doesn't suit her body; so she doesn't go there any more. Wonder if he'll find the same.
He wonā€™t admit it if he finds it hard or suffers from altitude sickness. Everything he does is fistpumpingly fantastic.

I hate the way he is presenting this trip. He should be ashamed. I want to email the organisers to tell them what it looks like in terms of privilege, but I will be good and follow the rules.

Kelly is still managing to go running everyday so no change there then.

Both of them deserve each other

Reactions: 5
Similarly Philip Sesemann as spoke about how he only trains in Leeds, he said training in the same place all year round, with his partner, dogs and part time job as a doctor helps him massively.

Reactions: 1
He wonā€™t admit it if he finds it hard or suffers from altitude sickness. Everything he does is fistpumpingly fantastic.

I hate the way he is presenting this trip. He should be ashamed. I want to email the organisers to tell them what it looks like in terms of privilege, but I will be good and follow the rules.

Kelly is still managing to go running everyday so no change there then.

Both of them deserve each other
What are the rules and arenā€™t rules made to be broken?!

Watching breakfast TV and David Baddeil was on talking about his new documentary on social media, including Tattle, interesting to hear him say social media damages your brain! Think we kind of knew that šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1
Watching breakfast TV and David Baddeil was on talking about his new documentary on social media, including Tattle, interesting to hear him say social media damages your brain! Think we kind of knew that šŸ˜‚
Tattle? Never heard of it

• Haha
More inappropriate stories from WR this morning.

He annoyed ā€œa localā€ asking him about his training and him ā€œtrying to race in Europeā€.

This is making me sick. Actually sick.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
K gifted more freebies. Can we please keep a tally of all this gifted tit? Like seriously. Iā€™m so done with this influencer bullshit. What have any of them done to deserve free items?

Are they better than you or I? No.
Have they performed acts of a heroic nature that deserve some form of recognition? Also no.
Are they oblivious to how out of reach this makes them all seem? Yes!

Off topic but just seen a reel from Inthefrow who was gifted a Jimmy Choo advent calendar and the first pair of shoes she received retail at over Ā£2k with four more doors to open.

How can these companies, in todayā€™s climate where people are struggling so much think that this is appropriate?!?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
K gifted more freebies. Can we please keep a tally of all this gifted tit? Like seriously. Iā€™m so done with this influencer bullshit. What have any of them done to deserve free items?

Are they better than you or I? No.
Have they performed acts of a heroic nature that deserve some form of recognition? Also no.
Are they oblivious to how out of reach this makes them all seem? Yes!

Off topic but just seen a reel from Inthefrow who was gifted a Jimmy Choo advent calendar and the first pair of shoes she received retail at over Ā£2k with four more doors to open.

How can these companies, in todayā€™s climate where people are struggling so much think that this is appropriate?!?
I would have so much more respect for these people if they donated their gifts to the homelessness sector or womens refuges or refugee centres - where people have lost everything and could make use of these products. No one, NO ONE, need new trainers every month, multiple clothing items etc. with electrics/devices, most already have these so again, why not doNate (and not sell as many do). And so in. As for the Jimmy Choosā€¦itā€™s almost as bad as our current political situation in that they live in a different world (planet?) to 99% of the population. Grump over.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.