Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
He’s a dick for sure but not sure why you need to say ‘white privilege’ - he’s just a dick. You don’t need to make this about colour
Did you not see the comments he made about the massage in Iten? Firstly saying he didn’t feel comfortable about it being so cheap and then laughing about whether he was going to get his £3 worth. It was disgusting.

He has no understanding of what it is like to live in another culture. He just went out there, as a paid individual to “watch the locals” to try and improve his own running. He then made rude comments about the market etc.

The Instagram world of running is overloaded with white runners already and to see the company he went with send mainly white, male runners to report back just adds to this disparity. The photos showed it. I spoke about this before and it makes me so sad and angry. His trip could have done so much good but instead it was filled with missteps.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Aurora79

I found the stories this morning really distasteful- it’s one thing watching your favourite athletes train and using it as a learning opportunity, but the whole thing made me feel really uncomfortable and seemed quite exploitative to the runners (I can’t articulate it well, sorry, but privileged white guy on a paid for trip watching a lot of incredibly talented black runners from a motorbike almost as a spectator sport). That’s their life, it’s not a flipping tourist park.

In fact I’ve worked out what made me so uncomfortable- it’s not so much that he watched (although still arguably exploitative), it’s that he’s filmed it for his flipping YouTube and Instagram which will make him ££. I assume he hasn’t asked each runner for their consent to be filmed, nor will any of the YouTube royalties be fed back into supporting young runners at Iten. I wouldn’t mind so much if he was filming his training on his paid for trip, but for him to make money off the hard work of people so significantly less privileged that himself is hideous. I imagine he’ll then make a big show of donating his (gifted) trainers and kit to some ‘poor’ runner at the end of his trip. Makes me sick!

Oops- meant that to be a new reply- not an edit to my old post

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
WR's reply is hilarious, especially given that his pinned tweet on his page is his London Marathon story 😂. If he did anything positive (other than his Covid test result), we would have heard about it already.

I didn’t have a series of positive PCRs. I tested negative on every test until I returned to the UK. I have contributed in a number of ways but I don’t shout about that sort of thing because I find it distasteful. If you don’t enjoy my videos then just don’t watch them. Thanks
Ok everyone needs to calm down as you are reading this wrong. I speak welsh and can interpret this for you all. What he is actually saying is 'I have contributed in a number of ways, but I don't shout about that sort of thing because YOU will find it distasteful if I actually admit that I haven't actually contributed anything because I'm a selfish bell end. If you don't enjoy my videos, please still watch them because it helps my ego and monotone voice'.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

instaclowns

VIP Member
Imagine being that judgmental about if he works harder than someone, we could be anyone! Try working a real job senior corporate job and then putting in the miles, managing a husband, a household, 3 kids, finances (without the gifted life) and all the other shit that goes with a working family home but still running a sub 3:20 marathon at least once per year. 🤷🏽‍♀️

As you read here, here’s my message to you! I hope you crock yourself and get injured, either way, fuck yourself you wankstain.

Now where’s my wine 🍷

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
I just watched most of that recent BQ vlog. Omg I can't with her. Maybe I'm just a cynical twat, but it all seems way too self serving and needing attention. What does running Boston have to do with Preston? Bless his soul, the story is very sad and a terrible tragedy to go through, but what does it have to do with that race? There are so many ways to honor a memory. She could run for a miscarriage, child loss charity. A diabetes charity. Make some kind of awareness a mission. A think Preston would be happier in heaven if mummy spent more time with the 4 current children than spending every waking moment running, training, planning, posting, vlogging, YouTube, Strava, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook. My gawd!!! I have 3 children and I can barely fit my personal simple training in. I spend so much time supporting my children and THEIR endeavors. I'm sorry, but feels so gimmicky. Might sound cruel, but it does.

She could pick a great marathon, aim for a sub 4:15 (ex but really should be sub 4:30) and make THAT a special memory that fits his birthday timeline. The whole thing comes across as a sob story for likes, attention, freebies and a gifted spot into one of the most difficult races to get into. People spend years and years qualifying. Some make the time cut and STILL it ends up being not enough. Ok rant over 😘

• Heart

heroverthere

So let’s sum it up then -
Kelly was doing Valencia marathon
Kelly ‘teamed up’ with garmin to do a giveaway
Harri got a cough
Kelly sacked off Valencia because she’s the doting mum
Harri’s PCR test was negative (surprise surprise)
Welsh announces he’s off to Kenya for 2 weeks, the same day Kelly would’ve got back from Valencia
Welsh told Kelly not to do Valencia because his trip is more important
Welsh only thinks of himself, even before his kid
Welsh has an opportunity of a lifetime but the timing and location are all wrong (nearby red list countries/Christmas/missing Harri’s birthday)
Kelly is in full support of this (judging by her comment on his post
The pair duped all their followers, and Garmin, into thinking Valencia was happening when clearly it wasn’t
The pair are con artists
The pair care more about their social media lives than any person in their family
Welsh is a shit running coach
Welsh owns Kelly
Kelly is in a toxic relationship and would be better off without the arrogant twat

I may be wrong on a point or two and deceiving you all, but if it’s ok for them to deceive people then that’s ok right?

• Haha
  • Heart

runderpants

Is anyone wishing to god that Kenya goes on the red list and that selfish prick has to spend Christmas and his kids birthday in a holiday inn alone at Heathrow.

• Haha

runderpants

I think we need to prepare for the following Bonkgate excuses:

WR:
- I rolled the dice and it wasn’t my day
- There was nobody to run in a group with so I had to fend for myself
- My moon boots hurt
- My mums aunts sisters brothers dog got covid

Kelly:
- The weather wasn’t right
- I couldn’t find the start line
- I only just realised I had 4 kids
- I decided I just wanted to have fun and enjoy it

Reality: They both over trained and bonked.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

PawsDog

Bloody insulting to those of us who work our arses off quite frankly. CROSS FACE!

In six years I’ve gone from fat and unfit to marathon and iron man whilst holding down a full time management career and LONE parenting (the kind of parenting where there is NO co-parent or even family to palm them off with by the way WR!!)

So if you do read here, you arrogant prick, I’m working hard, gifted squat diddly and think your self-coaching actually sucks and you are a bloody dangerous liability out there for newbie runners.

I’ve also been coached for years by someone who coaches professional athletes and they laugh in the face of the utter bullshit you spout!

• Heart

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
It's the same influencer fall back... We're all just jealous!!! 🙄

Matt likes to presume we are all 22 stone and stuffing face with cakes making fun of his running. Plenty of us here run faster and smarter than him and Kelly and her pathetic BQ journey.

Work harder? We're jealous because you work harder? At what? You might run, but you're failing at life. That's well obvious.

Matt went from no kids and running whenever he wanted, to getting trapped by a pregnant Kelly and raising her crew of kids. Don't be mad at us that you don't know how to prioritize your life better. Your house is in shambles. You obviously both set aside your kids goals for your own, shove a dummy in your 2 year olds mouth and force hour long buggy runs. For what? No one cares and your life looks sad and dismal. All to hopefully shave 30 seconds off a race 10 weeks from now.

These two are so far up their own arses, it's actually entertaining. Looking forward to your #gifted coffee beans post you absolute begging twat!

• Haha

louise1976

Hi 👋🏻 Mattt
I work dam hard for my times… I knocked 1h 23mins off my marathon time last year. With a full time job, that im on my feet all the time. Three kids, house to run and clean.. but you wouldn’t know about cleaning. Two dogs to walk and two cats to keep alive.
I showed my friend what you ran today, who by the way is a elite athlete runs for GB and just been to Tokyo Olympics…. There Mind was blown. Saying it was dangerous to train like that. They don’t even train like that.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
I agree completely with the dopamine hits. Good ole Kellogs_ontherun and TheWelshrunner are full on obsessed and addicted to this ig world they have created. 12-18 weeks of JUST training??? How boring!!! We need CONTENT! 🤡And content means RACES! Even though, for example, a 10k for Kelly to just go run is an hour. Including her stupid talking vid after her session 🙄 But a 10k race can mean packet pickup, multiple drives to that destination. Getting to race early. Parking. All those things that take TIME. And to me, that's time away from my family, or time that's all about ME instead of the family. She pretends the kids enjoy it. Sorry. No f-ing way. Kids hate races. Maybe the 30 seconds watching you cross a finish line is enjoyable. Otherwise it's dragged around torture. And most of us are parents and we KNOW this! Their rainbows and butterflies life portrayal is getting stale. 🥱

Run 100 miles a week. Race every weekend. Get the content. But honestly no one cares. Maybe you'll get a free hand cream or tub of margarine for your efforts ✌ Cheers 🤣🤣

Reactions: 16

Gunt

I have more chance of having a cup of tea and a fag with the Queen than she does getting a BQ.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
Why doesn't she run Boston for charity then??? 🤔🤔 The whole thing is just a gimmick to be/feel relevant. And newbies kiss arse because they don't know any better and think she is so amazing. She has 4 kids with 3 different men. Talks Type 1 but shows biscuits, doughnuts and cakes on the daily. She is the biggest shit show out there. Anyone who can make those YouTube vlogs blatantly lying about Valencia and also break up a marriage, cheat, get knocked up, and still maintain a following, is very calculating and conniving.

PawsDog

They share this podcast because they genuinely feel it relates to them, yet the ‘hard work’ they refer to is limited to their running!

Literally ONLY their running!

It is BEYOND the epitome of middle class white privilege.

Never seen one of them do squat diddly for Charity or even volunteer at bloody parkrun for an hour.

I wouldn’t wanna bore the audience around my own story, but I’ve come back from a severe alcohol dependency, worked hard to completely turn my life around. Running actually isn’t that hard if you have the luxury of getting into a routine, building up some consistency and mostly that you enjoy it!

Watching these utter bellends talk like they are quasi elite professionals (middle class, white privileged at that) working HARD is actually just nauseating

• Heart

Humblebrag

Chatty Member
Not that I have any intention of subjecting myself to watching his dull AF YouTube channel, is he really making out like he specifically trained with Kipchoge? Mate, he floated past you not even breaking a sweat and then posed for a picture with you and about 100 other people.
You got that wrong, Kipchoge had the privilege of doing a session with WelshRunner

• Haha
Reactions: 14