thewelshrunner and kellogs_ontherun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You asked for it, this is the new home for thewelshrunner and kellogs_ontherun.
Enjoy!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh this is going to be a beast of a discussion!

Great point made in the other thread about Kelly May needing to isolate if she’d been to Valencia and the Welsh wonka may not have been able to go to Kenya, you know the place he’s always dreamed of going to and been in his bucket list. Yeah that one…

• Haha
Oh this is wonderful. This running power couple aka absolute running WANKERS deserve their own thread. Oh how the mighty have fallen. They really are so great in their own puny little minds. His talking stories are cringe.

I must profess my ignorance and say I actually don’t know what Iten is or why he’s trouncing about with a Kenya shirt on. Is it like Boston crossed with the MdS?

Reactions: 1
Problem with WR is his ego. Met him once, well was around him for the day and his arrogance reeks. The only person benefitting from this is himself and frankly as he comes across, thats all he probably cares about. If in 1-2 weeks time, he has to isolate back in a government hotel as he's coming back from Africa, he knew the risk in going and that will be on him. The only thing coming back bigger is his ego!

Reactions: 6
Quick recap for newbies of how these two divvys met. All the drama of started when they had the affair on the Asics Frontrunner trip to Dublin. All FR knew about it but they are influencers so they can get away with whatever they want. WR is very controlling which is quite clear with his body language towards her. Doesn't take much to work that out. What else is clear is how much time they devote to social media and running, instead of their children. It might just be how I am with my two little ones, but they come first...

Reactions: 11
I must profess my ignorance and say I actually don’t know what Iten is or why he’s trouncing about with a Kenya shirt on. Is it like Boston crossed with the MdS?
It’s the town in Kenya where all their top distance runners train. So kind of like a Mecca of sorts for foreign runners - lots of tours now like the one WR is on to go and train with the Kenyan athletes

Reactions: 1
Quick recap for newbies of how these two divvys met. All the drama of started when they had the affair on the Asics Frontrunner trip to Dublin. All FR knew about it but they are influencers so they can get away with whatever they want. WR is very controlling which is quite clear with his body language towards her. Doesn't take much to work that out. What else is clear is how much time they devote to social media and running, instead of their children. It might just be how I am with my two little ones, but they come first...
Yep. Broke up a marriage and he had a long relationship that he cheated on with her. Then very quickly she was up the duff. Seems more like on purpose but who really knows. I'm not sure who runs that household. I think she is more manipulative than people think. And he seems arrogant but also very self absorbed. She knows they will get money and freebies off this Africa journey. More so than her pathetic BQ quest. They definitely are good at manipulating their sheep followers.

Reactions: 3
Yep. Broke up a marriage and he had a long relationship that he cheated on with her. Then very quickly she was up the duff. Seems more like on purpose but who really knows. I'm not sure who runs that household. I think she is more manipulative than people think. And he seems arrogant but also very self absorbed. She knows they will get money and freebies off this Africa journey. More so than her pathetic BQ quest. They definitely are good at manipulating their sheep followers.
I think you are right about her, she knows how to play the system to her advantage and will always do what's going to get her more followers. Influencers only date influencers. Coincidence? It's just shocking that their followers validate their behaviour and 'parenting'. Kelloggs and WR had an affair and broke up her family, but that's perfectly acceptable because they were frontrunners. Why does this make it ok?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
So let’s sum it up then -
Kelly was doing Valencia marathon
Kelly ‘teamed up’ with garmin to do a giveaway
Harri got a cough
Kelly sacked off Valencia because she’s the doting mum
Harri’s PCR test was negative (surprise surprise)
Welsh announces he’s off to Kenya for 2 weeks, the same day Kelly would’ve got back from Valencia
Welsh told Kelly not to do Valencia because his trip is more important
Welsh only thinks of himself, even before his kid
Welsh has an opportunity of a lifetime but the timing and location are all wrong (nearby red list countries/Christmas/missing Harri’s birthday)
Kelly is in full support of this (judging by her comment on his post
The pair duped all their followers, and Garmin, into thinking Valencia was happening when clearly it wasn’t
The pair are con artists
The pair care more about their social media lives than any person in their family
Welsh is a tit running coach
Welsh owns Kelly
Kelly is in a toxic relationship and would be better off without the arrogant twit

I may be wrong on a point or two and deceiving you all, but if it’s ok for them to deceive people then that’s ok right?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
So let’s sum it up then -
Kelly was doing Valencia marathon
Kelly ‘teamed up’ with garmin to do a giveaway
Harri got a cough
Kelly sacked off Valencia because she’s the doting mum
Harri’s PCR test was negative (surprise surprise)
Welsh announces he’s off to Kenya for 2 weeks, the same day Kelly would’ve got back from Valencia
Welsh told Kelly not to do Valencia because his trip is more important
Welsh only thinks of himself, even before his kid
Welsh has an opportunity of a lifetime but the timing and location are all wrong (nearby red list countries/Christmas/missing Harri’s birthday)
Kelly is in full support of this (judging by her comment on his post
The pair duped all their followers, and Garmin, into thinking Valencia was happening when clearly it wasn’t
The pair are con artists
The pair care more about their social media lives than any person in their family
Welsh is a tit running coach
Welsh owns Kelly
Kelly is in a toxic relationship and would be better off without the arrogant twit

I may be wrong on a point or two and deceiving you all, but if it’s ok for them to deceive people then that’s ok right?
I agree with almost all of that. Definitely con artists. Made YouTube vlogs, a giveaway, several ig posts, ALL FAKE, to keep their story going.

I think Kelly is addicted to the fame. She loves that she has been featured in magazines and articles and podcasts. (And why? A mediocre runner with kids. Tons could be that) She loves having all the followers kiss her arse. But she's not nice. (Remember she called that guy a stalker on Strava😒) She posts with that smug grin everyday. She found an opportunity to land the infamous Welshrunner right away on the Asics Frontrunner trip. He was the "it man" at the time. He's always been the nerdy dope who just wants to run. She LIVES for the instafame.

I don't think he is malicious. I think recently he has noticed that she is ruining his image by not fulfilling the big goals, which should have never been goals in the first place. He just wants to repair his image. And if she reads tattle which we know she does, she HATES seeing her squeaky clean image go to tit.

That's my take on it 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Instagram has a lot to answer for in this respect.

Giving people an inflated ego and ideas above their station. Making them think everyone wants to see a blow-by-blow account of their everyday lives and giving them a false justification to flog anything and everything for £££.

As you say, Kelly is just an average runner, WR just happened to be in exactly the right place at exactly the right time and the rest is history.

I would like to say that at some point all this instabollocks will come to an end and we can go back to a more honest way of running, but I don’t think that will happen. WR will come back from Iten with an even bigger head, Kelly will fail to take an rest time and the cycle will go again…

I know I'm the odd one out, but I believe the Valencia story. At least, that it was a last minute cancellation. Maybe they canceled when they realized Matt's trip might be jeopardized with potential quarantines, but I do think Kelly fully intended to run Valencia. A weekend in Spain plus lots of content for her YouTube channel...she wouldn't pass that up unless she had to.

Iten...wow. Does WR think he's god's gift to running? You'd think he was an Olympian listening to him. Interesting that his times really aren't much different than when he started running. Has he hit any of his recent goals?

• Heart
I know I'm the odd one out, but I believe the Valencia story. At least, that it was a last minute cancellation. Maybe they canceled when they realized Matt's trip might be jeopardized with potential quarantines, but I do think Kelly fully intended to run Valencia. A weekend in Spain plus lots of content for her YouTube channel...she wouldn't pass that up unless she had to.
The timing is quite odd though. Her trip gets cancelled but then Matt is still allowed to go to Kenya. I think it's obvious he comes first in that relationship. It might all be a big coincidence, but see how controlling Matt is of her, it makes sense that they made up a lie about her not being able to run Valencia

Reactions: 2
The timing is quite odd though. Her trip gets cancelled but then Matt is still allowed to go to Kenya. I think it's obvious he comes first in that relationship. It might all be a big coincidence, but see how controlling Matt is of her, it makes sense that they made up a lie about her not being able to run Valencia
Agreed there. And it’s very curious that we haven’t heard a word about the trip until WR’s departure. This is the kind of experience I’d expect him to discuss so much we’re sick of it before he even goes.

I don’t believe Valencia was never going to be run but I do think she decided a few weeks ago that the pressure (entirely self inflicted) got to her and she couldn’t face everyone seeing her crash and burn again so they concocted a plan. Which meant they couldn’t say anything about Iten. They are both smug t**ts who have such delusions of grandeur. I don’t think WR has significantly improved any races despite the multiple rolls of the dice and going all in. I wonder how he’ll reframe being around proper runners who respect the training process. And don’t bow to his crap. And whilst I think Kelly has a role to play in this nightmare creation, I think she’s also stuck and how do you get out of this weird curated “life”?

. And whilst I think Kelly has a role to play in this nightmare creation, I think she’s also stuck and how do you get out of this weird curated “life”?
She has four kids from three different dads, I think she is more than capable and confident to leave relationships and start over again. However one could argue this is different because she has a proper addiction to social media just as WR does. The best thing she could do is delete it all and focus on her kids

Reactions: 6
I don’t believe Valencia was never going to be run but I do think she decided a few weeks ago that the pressure (entirely self inflicted) got to her and she couldn’t face everyone seeing her crash and burn again so they concocted a plan. Which meant they couldn’t say anything about Iten. They are both smug t**ts who have such delusions of grandeur. I don’t think WR has significantly improved any races despite the multiple rolls of the dice and going all in. I wonder how he’ll reframe being around proper runners who respect the training process. And don’t bow to his crap. And whilst I think Kelly has a role to play in this nightmare creation, I think she’s also stuck and how do you get out of this weird curated “life”?
Such a great point on no mention of Iten relating to the PCR test set up and decision to call off Valencia. If this wasn't all set up, surely she would have mentioned WR's trip being potentially jeopardized too at the point of Harri's cough but there was zero word on it...

Reactions: 4
I don’t believe they were going to Valencia, but Kelly needed her 5 mins of fame if he was going to Kenya so that 10km PB was no ‘fluke’ with WR there filming full on for YouTube content. That wouldn’t have happened if it was just another 10km race for fun. Bullshit that Harri might have had Covid if two days later Welsh is off to Kenya.

Actual bullshit, but they don’t give a toss. They really believe themselves the darlings of running Insta.

Genuinely can’t think of a more selfish man out there leaving his partner at home for two weeks on the run up to Christmas and Harri’s birthday, not to mention potential risks around isolation and Covid etc. If he was in the Olympic squad, maybe? But honestly he’s just a decent runner and nothing elite at all.

Can not wait to see him roll the dice at iron man.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.