Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm on this forum because I really like the discussions and think it is necessary. As far as I'm concerned there is no derailing just because someone has a different opinion, sometimes another perspective can really shine a different light on things! I hardly know anyone talked about on the forum and there are a few threads I'd like to discuss, but they're just a vile pile on critisizing people (and even children!) without any balanced discourse. I really don't want to part of that.

Im conflicted regarding using children in ads, OTOH I can see that it could really improve a child's upbringing and offer them opportunities that they wouldn't be able to access otherwise, but OTO I still feel it's a grey area. In saying that, I feel less strongly about anyone from a marginalised group showing their kids, because we need representation and why should we only see able bodied, white, wealthy families on the squares? Even regarding showing health/medical issues, we would never have awareness of so many conditions and how they impact those affected if they didn't post stuff.... it's such a grey area, isn't it?
I agree that against the influencer back drop Africa has probably done quite well.
Yes!! Agreed completely. Also re other threads it’s a wild world on here sometimes but there are nicer threads!

The problem is - for us and them - that they’re operating in a completely unregulated market so sadly you’ve got total scumbags exploiting their kids to make money then you’ve got genuinely creative people showing their kids because their kids are in some ways evidence of their talent? Like I wouldn’t feel any which way about a seamstress showing a child in a dress they’d made (provided the face was covered) in order to sell it and I feel Africa is more like that than the ghastly Hoopers or heaven forbid that woman on TikTok who was pandering to the very worst people on the planet (can’t bear to even type it out but googling TikTok mum should surface her). But currently they’re all somewhat chucked in the same bucket? The sooner the government protect children from social media exploitation the sooner the bad players will leave the market and children won’t be expected to dance to their parents’ tune to make up for the shortfall between the life the parents want and the life the parents can afford on their salaries.

Also agree I think representation matters massively & her speaking on intergenerational wealth is powerful because it helps contextualise a lot of the lifestyle imagery we’re bombarded with by the old guard of insta mamas and helps women make more informed consumption decisions when seeing influencer content imo. Like all of them were gifted their homes by wealthy parents, I’ve got no interest in buying what they suggest cos they’re living a prolonged childhood. I actually respect what Africa has to say because she’s worked for everything she has, like us. And maybe that’s also why I’m also cool with it because the other lot are so bleeping tit and lazy - mum and dad paid the deposit and the rest on their houses, now the kids are working for a living cos they’re so mediocre they can’t out earn what they get engagement mining on Insta with hospital pictures or children’s illnesses? Pathetic!

Reactions: 3
Typically I love her home decor style, that’s why I follow. But I’m quite surprised I really dislike the collab wallpapers / prints she did. I see what they’re going for but it just doesn’t hit right for me. They’re simultaneously too busy and too dilute or something. I wonder how they’ll sell.

Re not sharing details of the new baby, I think it’s likely because of this thread tbh. There was a poster who announced the pregnancy here before Africa did it publicly. That would have horrified me if I were in her shoes, and the privacy measures all came after that if I recall. Good for her. These threads have a right to exist and she’s naive to think we’re all ~mentally ill~ for sharing opinions about people who profit from being in the public eye. But I think she got the reality shock she needed and realigned her actions with her values.

Reactions: 12
No but I like that she has a low income option for whoever needs it with access to everything. Someone else I watch on youtube has that limit at £6 a month and he goes all the way up to £115 for direct access to him. 🤪 (He does finance/ economic stuff).

I dont understand why shes not coming on TT with her undergarments on, like wear your clothes already!! The world doesnt need to see this

I dont understand why shes not coming on TT with her undergarments on, like wear your clothes already!! The world doesnt need to see this
I don't have Tik Tok, but I saw some of the things she posted in her stories (I didn't watched the whole video). I think the point is to show how to layer clothing, what fabrics to choose etc. I was a bit surprised since her style is loose fitted and I guess I could describe it as modest (?) since she is not showing a lot of skin. I actually don't mind. It's the same as wearing a bikini.

Reactions: 2
I don't really understand your issue? A woman in her (perfectly normal) underwear is offensive to your eyes? You have a specific problem with *her* in her underwear? Why? She's doing 'get ready with me' videos and layers a lot of clothing. It's no different to a swimwear, she can wear what she wants in videos.

Of all the hills to die on, this is a tit one.

Reactions: 5
I didn't expect to see her in her underwear either other then for the AD she did for someone. . Think it is just to feel better about herself after giving birth and she's having fun.

Think calling her style man repeller is correct. As long as she's happy though. Wear whatever you want.

Just bear in mind what is posted online will always be there. Now her kids are young and they won't get the ribbing from school friends saying they saw their dad on the toilet seat with his boxers off or they took a screenshot from a video of mum in her underwear and passed it around. (Both cases from the Of daughters brand.)

1673274932600.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Paraphrased: Here we see the farmer's child framed by ramshackle poverty in $66 trousers.

She does have a video withh Mabokids which Africa has shown before.

Today I took a look at her IG account. Does anyone know the theme of their wedding? There is a picture of MLK and his wife on one of the tables and pictures of other couples in the third picture. I thought they put them up to show what they would aspire to be as a married couple. It seems a bit odd since the marriage of MLK didn't seem great (cheating, expecting her to be a housewife, the second I understand since it's the 50's). Or maybe the cheating isn't true and those are rumors to make him look bad(?)
I wonder why she put those pictures there.

If you type her name and the name of the photographer she's tagged into google it comes up as the second search result.

Their wedding was also mentioned in the You & Your Wedding’s magazine March & April 2017 issue.

Maybe it was just photos of people they admired, not perfect love stories.

The Oskar Schindler also had affairs.