Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know who Clemmie Telford is, what sort of vibes is that?! Sorry for being a thicko
She’s another influencer. Bought a house and did it up but it still looks like a half finished project. Kids rooms are done to her liking not what her kids would actually want. More for the gram than actually to be lived in

Reactions: 2
Doesn't say they are in a chain so maybe they've got their new place already

I dont think they'll move out from the area where the girls go school and the husband works at the school

God it looks miserable. Just shows what a sham insta is - she makes it look homey and cosy on the gram but in real life the bare floors are BLEAK. Why didn’t they slap some paint above the cooker before the agent came round for photos? Listing it for 260k more than they paid for it is hilarious.

Africa had disappeared from my feed and I’d forgotten about her but let me tell you I am AGOG.

The house could take a while to sell, given the COL and higher interest rates. She also mentioned once of having a £800 gas bill. That plus electricity and council tax all adds up.

It was a while back, but the OD's bought theirs for just under £720k, but it was a 6 bed- there's a reason he's always wearing a coat indoors.

Reactions: 1
I would guess it will take a while for the house to sell, unless the price is reduced quite a bit. The house is a renovation project really, given there doesn’t seem to be a proper bathroom upstairs, just a toilet/wash-hand basin and then an en-suite

Downstairs, the conservatory/toy-room which seems to be a badly added on extension with a plastic sheeted roof, would probably need to be demolished and built up with a bedroom above and extended out into the garden. The kitchen needs a complete renovation too,

The positives are the front of the house looks well and is newly repointed and there is a good sized garden but the house is definitely a renovation project.

Reactions: 5
No way can that be the price for a 3 bed in Ramsgate!! They will have to lower price by at least 50k surely?.

By the looks of it she found we’ve been chatting on here. We are not doing the work of 2020 anymore!

Ah okay, I don’t know where she lives so never mind
she’s posted about where they live a lot before so I think it’s okay to say but I won’t directly name the town just in case .. think of a seaside town in Kent that begins with an R, and ends with something that rhymes with plate. Look up detached properties, with three bedrooms, at that rough asking price on rightmove and you’ll find it no bother

I wonder why they are selling? Seemed like such a beautiful house
---
God it looks miserable. Just shows what a sham insta is - she makes it look homey and cosy on the gram but in real life the bare floors are BLEAK. Why didn’t they slap some paint above the cooker before the agent came round for photos? Listing it for 260k more than they paid for it is hilarious.

Africa had disappeared from my feed and I’d forgotten about her but let me tell you I am AGOG.
yes I just found it on Rightmove too and it is very bleak looking. The kids bedroom is so grim! I take back what I said about it looking beautiful! Does look lovely from the street though

Reactions: 1
I wonder why they are selling? Seemed like such a beautiful house
---

yes I just found it on Rightmove too and it is very bleak looking. The kids bedroom is so grim! I take back what I said about it looking beautiful! Does look lovely from the street though
i like Africa but i am genuinely shocked by the kitchen and the kid's bedroom - truly instagram vs reality! what a beautiful en suite bathroom though.

i like Africa but i am genuinely shocked by the kitchen and the kid's bedroom - truly instagram vs reality! what a beautiful en suite bathroom though.
I always found it weird that the girls wanted to wear tutus and dress up things but it could only be in her aesthetic- so no pink or gaudy things. Nobody in the family could buy things for kids if it wasn’t approved. J has to wear what she tells him to wear. And now the kids bedroom - she’s doing a mood board and trying to claim she’s giving her daughter choices but it seems to me it’s still got to be Africas choice. Why not just let them have a gaudy bright pink room of that what they want instead of trying to pretend that a brown boring horrible histories/egyptian theme is what she wants. My 9 year old wants unicorns and rainbows. She loves horrible history but she wants to live in a princess world! And I know this will only last another couple of years so I put up with it!

Reactions: 9
I haven’t checked since they bought the house because the main reason I started following her to begin with was her being in social housing like me and omg 😳 I found the listing pretty quickly, it’s easy to recognise the decorations.

The house itself is beautiful and I love the blue tiling on the bathroom, but whoever picks it up will have to renovate from scratch, that’s quite steep.

I’ve resisted saying anything lol but needless to say I think her pics are giving architectural digest & the house is a beautiful example of Afro modernism.

But time to be a cat amongst pigeons but I find it interesting how some of these influencer homes are discussed online and what’s accepted by the mainstream versus not? Every generationally wealthy (white) insta mama has exposed floorboards but it’s never a concern/“poor kids” because there’s the familiar F&B (or now Lick) on the walls and Maileg mice on the beds, and/or each kid has their own room (this is a new thing culturally for even white Brits!!). Idk how a mum who’s spending more time, money, and a developed skill set to create an amazing kids room instead of an easy one can get pooped on either. Idk just encourage ppl to scratch the surface a little on some of these opinions 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6