Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure that's fair, have you been on clemmie telford's thread? She's the epitome of middle class f&b wanker and her house (and the awful brown exposed floorboards) have been ripped to shreds

Reactions: 4
I’ve resisted saying anything lol but needless to say I think her pics are giving architectural digest & the house is a beautiful example of Afro modernism.

But time to be a cat amongst pigeons but I find it interesting how some of these influencer homes are discussed online and what’s accepted by the mainstream versus not? Every generationally wealthy (white) insta mama has exposed floorboards but it’s never a concern/“poor kids” because there’s the familiar F&B (or now Lick) on the walls and Maileg mice on the beds, and/or each kid has their own room (this is a new thing culturally for even white Brits!!). Idk how a mum who’s spending more time, money, and a developed skill set to create an amazing kids room instead of an easy one can get pooped on either. Idk just encourage ppl to scratch the surface a little on some of these opinions 🤷🏻‍♀️
You’re assuming everyone commenting on the aesthetics of her house are white.

Reactions: 5
I’ve resisted saying anything lol but needless to say I think her pics are giving architectural digest & the house is a beautiful example of Afro modernism.

But time to be a cat amongst pigeons but I find it interesting how some of these influencer homes are discussed online and what’s accepted by the mainstream versus not? Every generationally wealthy (white) insta mama has exposed floorboards but it’s never a concern/“poor kids” because there’s the familiar F&B (or now Lick) on the walls and Maileg mice on the beds, and/or each kid has their own room (this is a new thing culturally for even white Brits!!). Idk how a mum who’s spending more time, money, and a developed skill set to create an amazing kids room instead of an easy one can get pooped on either. Idk just encourage ppl to scratch the surface a little on some of these opinions 🤷🏻‍♀️
Fair enough comment and made me reconsider my perspective. I see what you mean about the Afro modernism influence on her decor and lots of it IS nice. I think bare floorboards are bleak in most houses, though. Especially when they’ve not been finished. I think it’s bizarre when people rip up their carpets and try to claim it as an intentional vibe. It’s like leaving your drywall on display, or scraping the wallpaper off and leaving whatever 100 year old plaster is behind it on display.

The kids bedroom might be lovely but that picture makes it look like a dormitory. There are lots of nice parts of the house, but it’s like lots of influencer houses where there are pockets of niceness for photos and the rest is unfinished.

Reactions: 4
For what it’s worth, I thought the interior of her flat was divine. I think the house is bare and bleak.

Reactions: 7
I agree that it’s more the set up of the beds than the decor itself that makes the bedroom seem quite stark. It’s the same sad, beige children phenomenon that has gripped a lot of people whether they’re influencers or not. Equally, I’m sure that there will be personal effects that have been moved out of shot to try and make it as neutral as possible to potential buyers so we’re not seeing it as it would actually be to live in.

• Heart
The kids bedroom has been like that since they moved in. Maybe there is a wall with art
Like in their old bedroom. The floorboards douparticularly bother me, but it doesn’t feel like a child’s bedroom. The absence of at least a rug is noticeable.

I also dislike all the mirror selfies, more natural photos of her would be better.

Reactions: 1
Yeah no, sorry. I’m not white. Live in social housing. It’s a ghastly aesthetic.

The old flat was stunning and she made such a good use of the space, it looked like such a homely vibe. The house in parts are also stunning and if she was living in it as their forever home I’d applaud the choices, it’s bold and very beautiful in parts. However if they bought it to then sell it on I don’t believe they have made good choices. The majority of us don’t have that aesthetic so it would be very hard to envision living there. As someone said, Clemmie Telford house looked like something from the film set of Annie, she loves it but the majority think it’s bleak. MOD made some very random choices and eclectic, not my first choice for decoration but she has to live in it. I applaud Africa, I think she has great taste but if the aim was always to sell it then I don’t think good choices were made….

Reactions: 3
i think for me the shock of seeing the kitchen (which i am sure is not part of her intended aesthetic as she never ever shows it!) was a useful reminder to not compare my home to perfect looking insta accounts showing a tiny little curated snippet of their house

Reactions: 7
The old flat was stunning and she made such a good use of the space, it looked like such a homely vibe. The house in parts are also stunning and if she was living in it as their forever home I’d applaud the choices, it’s bold and very beautiful in parts. However if they bought it to then sell it on I don’t believe they have made good choices. The majority of us don’t have that aesthetic so it would be very hard to envision living there. As someone said, Clemmie Telford house looked like something from the film set of Annie, she loves it but the majority think it’s bleak. MOD made some very random choices and eclectic, not my first choice for decoration but she has to live in it. I applaud Africa, I think she has great taste but if the aim was always to sell it then I don’t think good choices were made….
It was repeatedly said it was a forever home. Plans change though.
---
i think for me the shock of seeing the kitchen (which i am sure is not part of her intended aesthetic as she never ever shows it!) was a useful reminder to not compare my home to perfect looking insta accounts showing a tiny little curated snippet of their house
I also noticed the lack of kitchen pictures. Think it would have been done up eventually.

Reactions: 2
This came up in my explore. Similar three beds in a room, but the feel is so different.

IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3751.jpeg

IMG_3759.jpeg

---
(@Nesting with grace)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
This came up in my explore. Similar three beds in a room, but the feel is so different.

View attachment 2881307View attachment 2881308

View attachment 2881312
---
(@Nesting with grace)
This came up on mine too 😂 I did a double take because I thought wow has she done up their room then realised it was a different account. Much less drab. I have to say the kids room in the flat was beautiful and so well thought about. No issues with sharing, it’s a big enough room each kid could have an area. There is no need for a spare room, my kid has bunk beds and we use them when anyone comes to stay as we only have a 2 bedroom- I only have guests for a few days but even if it’s longer they don’t mind sharing or sleeping on a pull out in the living room?

This came up on mine too 😂 I did a double take because I thought wow has she done up their room then realised it was a different account. Much less drab. I have to say the kids room in the flat was beautiful and so well thought about. No issues with sharing, it’s a big enough room each kid could have an area. There is no need for a spare room, my kid has bunk beds and we use them when anyone comes to stay as we only have a 2 bedroom- I only have guests for a few days but even if it’s longer they don’t mind sharing or sleeping on a pull out in the living room?
Wow surprised you got it too- Insta does well for recommendations.

I don’t have a problem with multiple children sharing. I didn’t have my own room either and shared. It just appeared with the kids bedroom, aesthetic was more important. Like the books on the main shelf that’s always photographed they were bought because they looked a particular way and not because they were truly loved.

I’ve followed Victoria for a while.

IMG_3771.jpeg

---
It also feels more comforting.

I personally find it strange that kids are sharing so you can have a spare room. The house should accommodate the people that live in it. Guests can sleep on a pull out somewhere.
That said, in Africa's house the kids do have a huge playroom full of stuff so this room is only for sleep.
---
Wow surprised you got it too- Insta does well for recommendations.

I don’t have a problem with multiple children sharing. I didn’t have my own room either and shared. It just appeared with the kids bedroom, aesthetic was more important. Like the books on the main shelf that’s always photographed they were bought because they looked a particular way and not because they were truly loved.

I’ve followed Victoria for a while.

View attachment 2881601
---
It also feels more comforting.
This reminds me of the bedrooms in Home & away in the early 90s. It's awful.

The only thing I can think is that they either have long term visitors (like a month type thing) or let it out or something. Giving up your room so grandma can stay for a night or two is one thing, but if she’s staying for 4 weeks it’s annoying.
Otherwise yeah. My SIL moved 5 hours away a few years ago so gets lots of friends/family visiting. The kids were allowed plenty of say in decorating their new rooms, it was just stipulated that they had to either have a double bed or bunk beds to give options for bed shuffling. At some point they probably won’t want to do that anymore and that’s fine, we’ll stay at the travelodge round the corner. But for now they’re happy having rooms that are totally theirs weekdays/term times and shifting around having ‘sleepovers’ and using camp beds when their cousins and old friends visit on weekends and holidays.
I just know I’d not be paying all that money to have a spare bedroom going unused. Might as well have taken on somewhere cheaper.