Thetummydiaries #2 You’ve gut...A belly not a bloat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you watch her videos and imagine there is a ball of dust and dirt following her around ala Pig-Pen, it makes the content much more enjoyable.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Thanks for starting the new thread!
So about that cup... am I the only one who thinks she is really milking it now, it’s TMI and playing around with it on stories is a bit gross? You wouldn’t rinse out a tampon and play around with it. I know a cup is different but still... like it’s just too much the way she is doing it

Reactions: 4
I find it really crass too! Most women get periods and the cups are nothing new so it’s 😴 But have you seen some of the comments left from her followers “I’ve been so invested in you and your vagina” - they definitely spur her on and she’ll do anything for attention 🙄 I wonder how Ross feels about her speaking so openly about things esp their sex life as I’d be mortified if my other half was doing that and my friends and family could see and his work mates, etc I’d be so embarrassed! I bet they wind him up and he just doesn’t say anything to her....not that she’d care it means she gets more free clothes from Tesco 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh god . .
Her in the bath!!
Her goofy face, the glasses!!
Her comments so far are
Wow, look at you.
Arent you cute.
I love you . .

Who ARE these people?
All I can think while seeing it is
God noooo!
My eyes My eyes . .
Ughhh 👊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
The stories of her dancing this morning were beyond cringe! I know she’s trying to be cringe on purpose but she isn’t funny and just comes across like such a massive try hard!
And this is EXACTLY what Em Clarkson does . .
Boring 💤

Reactions: 1
So I'm not here to trash Lottie or question her diagnoses or anything but I feel I need to vent and I just didn't know where else to turn. Shes a very successful lady considering and you gotta admire her whole business acumen but is there really a place for all these influencers profiting off things that are true everyday struggles and life altering conditions for some people and painting this sunshine and roses picture of it all?

I have endometriosis and IBS and I'm still in the process of going through so many investigations, generally just near the end of my tether and these conditions are DEBILITATING. I don't have any endo on my bowel so the IBS alone has me floored every single day. I could eat one wrong thing and be glued to the toilet for 2 weeks straight, feeling nauseous, crampy, the list goes on, im sure some of you relate! I have to cancel plans, I have to abandon my degree work which I love so much and have wanted to do since being a child, cause I'm physically unable to focus due to the pain. And there are influencers like this person profiting off a "cute bloaty tum tum uwu", preaching about body acceptance whilst still being the owner of a conventionally attractive body in society standards, able to stick to plans, able to go for a jog every morning (and post about it) and meanwhile some of us are just sat here like "well this person is chronically ill and can do all this, why can't I??"

Im obviously aware that she may not be putting everything about her life online (though it sure seems that way with the sheer frequency of posts). I just think its hugely harmful to be showing this narrative with such a huge following and platform, brand deals, merch (aimed at people with these conditions with empty promises that it will change their life) essentially profiting off the guilt of chronically ill folks who are made to believe they just simply aren't doing enough to fix their IBS. Or on the other side of the coin, preaching to healthy folks that IBS really isn't "that bad" and "look at all these things i can do despite my illness". Obviously there's a place to be proud about what you achieve despite your struggles, but with such a large platform, there needs to be more responsibility over what you post, with a focus on the condition itself and raising awareness of it rather than profiting off it. It feels like IBS and bloating has become this trendy fashion accessory to push BS health fads.

I bought her diary a few months ago and all it did was flare up my disordered eating behaviours. I'm a little bit bitter but I'm also angry and feel cheated. With a condition like ibs and also endo, when there are so many issues already with doctors not taking you seriously, you get to a stage where you are willing to try anything at all to improve your quality of life, so please be kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So I'm not here to trash Lottie or question her diagnoses or anything but I feel I need to vent and I just didn't know where else to turn. Shes a very successful lady considering and you gotta admire her whole business acumen but is there really a place for all these influencers profiting off things that are true everyday struggles and life altering conditions for some people and painting this sunshine and roses picture of it all?

I have endometriosis and IBS and I'm still in the process of going through so many investigations, generally just near the end of my tether and these conditions are DEBILITATING. I don't have any endo on my bowel so the IBS alone has me floored every single day. I could eat one wrong thing and be glued to the toilet for 2 weeks straight, feeling nauseous, crampy, the list goes on, im sure some of you relate! I have to cancel plans, I have to abandon my degree work which I love so much and have wanted to do since being a child, cause I'm physically unable to focus due to the pain. And there are influencers like this person profiting off a "cute bloaty tum tum uwu", preaching about body acceptance whilst still being the owner of a conventionally attractive body in society standards, able to stick to plans, able to go for a jog every morning (and post about it) and meanwhile some of us are just sat here like "well this person is chronically ill and can do all this, why can't I??"

Im obviously aware that she may not be putting everything about her life online (though it sure seems that way with the sheer frequency of posts). I just think its hugely harmful to be showing this narrative with such a huge following and platform, brand deals, merch (aimed at people with these conditions with empty promises that it will change their life) essentially profiting off the guilt of chronically ill folks who are made to believe they just simply aren't doing enough to fix their IBS. Or on the other side of the coin, preaching to healthy folks that IBS really isn't "that bad" and "look at all these things i can do despite my illness". Obviously there's a place to be proud about what you achieve despite your struggles, but with such a large platform, there needs to be more responsibility over what you post, with a focus on the condition itself and raising awareness of it rather than profiting off it. It feels like IBS and bloating has become this trendy fashion accessory to push BS health fads.

I bought her diary a few months ago and all it did was flare up my disordered eating behaviours. I'm a little bit bitter but I'm also angry and feel cheated. With a condition like ibs and also endo, when there are so many issues already with doctors not taking you seriously, you get to a stage where you are willing to try anything at all to improve your quality of life, so please be kind.
I hear what you're saying,
Tell her,
Tell her how unrelateable she is.
Its been said for ever on this page that she glamourises her "condition" dont even think shes properly diagnosed tbh?
Tell her that her book caused you to flare, shes just used to her fans blowing smoke up her arse, I just dont like her and her pink and prinny ways which gives me no valid right to coat her off for, but you? You do have a reason.
Ill be interested to see how she deals with it.
Good luck x

Reactions: 7
I had to block her, she became unbearable to watch. Everything she did infuriated me. She constantly claims that she is heckled in public by people, what do you expect when you behave like a child? Although, I do highly doubt it’s happened as frequently as she made out. As I’ve said before, she loves to claim girl power but this is a girl that knew Ross was in a relationship (he was engaged) and pursued him. She loves to copy others and claim she has all these issues. She slept with my guy friend whilst in a long term relationship with her previous boyfriend before Ross... the list of Lottie duck Ups goes on.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Im sorry you’re going through this. Before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease I was super ill, eating disorder as I was too scared to eat anything, glued to the toilet if I did eat, my hair and teeth started falling out - I was in an awful state and had to drop out of uni too as I was totally defeated so I kind of get how you feel but you’ll get better as you’ll find meds/counselling/ be able to get an operation to help you once the investigations are over so you might feel like your life is on hold now but it’s temporary and it’ll get better!

I agree with what you’re saying about her and people who actually struggle with chronic illness do feel like they should be “bouncing back” like her but I don’t believe she’s ill tbh and she does cash in and exploited others who are sick and are desperate for a solution as you said. I’d let her know how you felt about her diary and see what she says. You’ve got nothing to lose.

im also sceptical about how “successful”’she is and how much she lives off her husband as her latest stunt with the jumpers hasn’t gone very well at all has it 🤣 “still available in most sizes” wonder why??? Lol 😂

Im sorry you’re going through this. Before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease I was super ill, eating disorder as I was too scared to eat anything, glued to the toilet if I did eat, my hair and teeth started falling out - I was in an awful state and had to drop out of uni too as I was totally defeated so I kind of get how you feel but you’ll get better as you’ll find meds/counselling/ be able to get an operation to help you once the investigations are over so you might feel like your life is on hold now but it’s temporary and it’ll get better!

I agree with what you’re saying about her and people who actually struggle with chronic illness do feel like they should be “bouncing back” like her but I don’t believe she’s ill tbh and she does cash in and exploited others who are sick and are desperate for a solution as you said. I’d let her know how you felt about her diary and see what she says. You’ve got nothing to lose.

im also sceptical about how “successful”’she is and how much she lives off her husband as her latest stunt with the jumpers hasn’t gone very well at all has it 🤣 “still available in most sizes” wonder why??? Lol 😂
Im so sorry you went through all that. I hope you're in a better place now? And thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I've had one surgery already and still having the same issues, no light at the end of the tunnel as of yet, but I'm full of hope! I also was interested to see on these threads she was claiming she had endo before her laparoscopy too, i wasn't aware of that! Has made me feel a lot less alone. I'm just sick of all the glamorising of bloated bellies and gut problems and pushing of nutribullshit.

• Heart
And yet more lies, are people in NI really bollocking her for not shipping there? 🤔
I seriously think she has some kind of munchausins ( sorry for spelling)

I’m so sorry you’re going through all this! I had similar experiences just before being diagnosed with coeliac disease.
you should tell her how you feel about her content as you literally are her current target audience and you did spend money on a product she developed and it really hurt you. She and most importantly other people need to know that her diary can backfire.

also I totally agree about her profiteering. Having her own merch is such an egomaniac move. She barely launched it online but all she was talking about was seeing people wear it. As if she was Beyonce launching the nee Ivy Park collection.

anyway...i said it many times and will say it again: I don’t believe she is diagnosed with anything at all. Clearly she had some issues cause she did have surgery etc but she was jumping on the endo bandwagon before she was diagnosed. The whole IBS side of her content disappeared and despite claiming to be such an expert she seems to have a constant bloat... I think she just tried to hide her gaining weight. I also think she lays it on thick on social media and she can do all the things she does because she does not actually have any chronic conditions. She also does not have a job or anything to do at all really so of course she will have the energy to run. But we also don’t know if she does actually run... please don’t feel like you aren’t doing enough and keep speaking up and advocating for yourself.

And yet more lies, are people in NI really bollocking her for not shipping there? 🤔
I seriously think she has some kind of munchausins ( sorry for spelling)
Fake it till you make it taken too far. It’s a well known social media strategy. Lie about how desirable you really are so you do become desirable for other people to work with you or buy your product.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My partner runs a business, apparently up to 2kg to NI would be normal postage prices, anything above could become pricey . .
How much does a sweatshirt weigh? 🤔
I knew it was typical Lottie bullshit 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.