TheSmithyFamily, tiktoks most idiotic family!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s some CCTV footage - like surely if it’s that planned people would scope out potential cctv - or they’re just that dumb

Reactions: 2
Ok so this might have been said already but what if (and this is just a wild conspiracy theory by me) what if Nick wanted his car to get torched, paid someone to do it and it accidentally spread to his house as it was so close… clearly the car was the target and it spread.. the car was a heap of rubbish.. He might have wanted it gone to claim on insurance/get in the papers and get more views from talking about it, he seems like quite the attention seeker.. I don’t know. 😓 so glad no one was hurt though thank god.

Reactions: 18
I’ve watched the video and something just sit right with me.
1: the video watched these two lads from start to finish
2: didn’t think cameras were allowed to video anything past your path. I was told this by police when I wanted cctv cameras on my house. It can be looking in neighbouring houses with permission.
3: the window of the car looks wide open so why open the back door?
4: the alarm never went off on the car but the rear lights came on as you can see the reflection on the wall opposite
5: in a tiktok video in the girls room Nick is heard saying one videoed it while the other did it yet in the cctv neither one is videoing anything
6: why did he spend the night in the car?
7: why is he in every video speaking to the culprits?
8: why does he say on bbc news it was a prank/joke gone wrong?? It’s attempted murder!!!
9: why did he say teddy was behind the window when the first was started at 22.53 and he says they were all in bed?
10: why was it said the fire was started in the bin?
11: why was there music on the cctv footage?
12: why was the gfm set at £50,000?

I’m sorry if this makes me sound nasty but there’s a lot of unanswered questions and something just don’t sound right

Reactions: 36
2: didn’t think cameras were allowed to video anything past your path. I was told this by police when I wanted cctv cameras on my house. It can be looking in neighbouring houses with permission.
3: the window of the car looks wide open so why open the back door?
4: the alarm never went off on the car but the rear lights came on as you can see the reflection on the wall opposite
5: in a tiktok video in the girls room Nick is heard saying one videoed it while the other did it yet in the cctv neither one is videoing anything
6: why did he spend the night in the car?
7: why is he in every video speaking to the culprits?
8: why does he say on bbc news it was a prank/joke gone wrong?? It’s attempted murder!!!
9: why did he say teddy was behind the window when the first was started at 22.53 and he says they were all in bed?
10: why was it said the fire was started in the bin?
11: why was there music on the cctv footage?
12: why was the gfm set at £50,000?

I’m sorry if this makes me sound nasty but there’s a lot of unanswered questions and something just don’t sound right

they weren’t in bed. He said the girls were in bed, no one else was mentioned other than Teddy being downstairs

Reactions: 3
Ok so this might have been said already but what if (and this is just a wild conspiracy theory by me) what if Nick wanted his car to get torched, paid someone to do it and it accidentally spread to his house as it was so close… clearly the car was the target and it spread.. the car was a heap of rubbish.. He might have wanted it gone to claim on insurance/get in the papers and get more views from talking about it, he seems like quite the attention seeker.. I don’t know. 😓 so glad no one was hurt though thank god.
Been keeping updated with this all day and this is my exact theory too. I think the takeaways etc are planned by him and a relatively harmless way of increasing his views/attention and creating content. This was potentially just another way of doing that, setting fire to the car in order to get views and get people talking which = more money. Also could have claimed on insurance too so overall he’d have come out of that situation well. However it went badly wrong and the flames spread. The car seems to be unlocked because otherwise the alarms would have gone off and the door wouldn’t have opened so easily.
The fact he’s not accepting donation money could be because he feels guilty that he’s ended up wasting so many resources. And his wording in his video is interesting when he says “I urge you.. not to bring him forwards, but it can’t happen to someone else” - why wouldn’t you want them brought forward?
(This is just a theory though. We’ll probably never know but I am quite suspicious in all honesty)

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
On 1. You can watch your cctv back and zoom / record it. So the camera likely didn’t follow them at the time but when footage was being obtained they were able to zoom / follow those two.

2. You’re not technically supposed to have your cameras pointing at other peoples houses but lots of people do and you can’t really police it. You can see down most of my street on mine (not intentional just the way they were set up). The police don’t care, they’ve even been to ask me if I’ve seen anything on the cameras when there’s been the odd incident further down the street, so they are aware of how far my cameras reach 😬

Reactions: 3
Wasn’t he saying the other day that there was something wrong with the cars windscreen and that he couldn’t afford to fix it?? Very strange that the amount was set to 50k? It will cost a lot more then that to fix the house.. I honestly think it was a set up gone wrong and the car was only supposed to go up and not the actual house.. my questions are
1 - how did everyone including the pets get out so quickly.

2 - as soon as the car went up on fire you could hear people screaming like they was stood there watching it.
3 - there’s no way someone could have popped that car door open like that so easily and how didn’t they hear it.
4 - the camera zooms in and out of focus like it’s following them?
5 - how come it doesn’t show them running out of the house? I’d love to know if the kids was actually there or not.
6 - It also looks like the front window was open on the car aswell? And when they showed them on the bbc how come the car seats was taken out of the car and put in the garden?

There’s just so many questions and things that just don’t quite sit right with me surely if i can see this many things the police will aswell..
I hope I’m wrong though they are such a lovely family and either way they do have a newborn baby and 2 little girls who are no doubt scared to death

Has he not posted them escaping the fire yet.

Neighbours must surely have camera's most people do these days to show the culprits.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the family wasn’t already at the ‘safe place’

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I don't think Nick had anything to do with this. It looks like a couple of moronic teenagers being utterly stupid and reckless for some reason, especially considering one of them set themselves alight.

What I do know, and this will sound very cynical, is that Nick is going to milk this for all its worth. He says that he's going to take a break from social media...no chance. If he lasts more than a couple of days off tiktok I'll be shocked. If you're the type of person who uploads 10-20 videos a day up to tiktok, there's no way you're going to stop. It's like an addiction and the attention feeds it. I've seen plenty of tiktokkers have a flounce or say they're taking a break yet they're back a day later posting. Plus, Nick's gained a lot more clout over this. The British tikkokkers I follow never mention the Smithy Family but today it's been duets, profile picture changes, giving their general tuppence worth, promoting these Go Fund Me's and even the comments are full of "Have you heard what happened to the Smithy Family" and "Have you donated?". Hopefully I'm wrong about this and he stays away and takes care of his family after this terrible event.

Reactions: 8
Our neighbours were burgled recently, three men broke in and beat a woman in front of her children, truly terrifying. They had a get away car, had been stalking the house for hours. We never saw/heard a thing and it was right on our doorstep. It happens.
That’s terrifying! Just thought with how close it was you would be able to hear, although my in laws neighbour had the whole interior of their car stolen and they didn’t hear a thing, however everyone was in bed

Reactions: 1
I’ve never watched this family before I randomly came across one of their videos with the LFB this morning on tiktok.

All I can think about is that poor family a few years ago who’s 4 kids died when their house got set on fire as part of along running grudge.

The people here who are suggesting they’ve done this for clout are quite simply sick in the head. No parent would risk their kids lives to that extent.

Bye.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don't think Nick had anything to do with this. It looks like a couple of moronic teenagers being utterly stupid and reckless for some reason, especially considering one of them set themselves alight.

What I do know, and this will sound very cynical, is that Nick is going to milk this for all its worth. He says that he's going to take a break from social media...no chance. If he lasts more than a couple of days off tiktok I'll be shocked. If you're the type of person who uploads 10-20 videos a day up to tiktok, there's no way you're going to stop. It's like an addiction and the attention feeds it. I've seen plenty of tiktokkers have a flounce or say they're taking a break yet they're back a day later posting. Plus, Nick's gained a lot more clout over this. The British tikkokkers I follow never mention the Smithy Family but today it's been duets, profile picture changes, giving their general tuppence worth, promoting these Go Fund Me's and even the comments are full of "Have you heard what happened to the Smithy Family" and "Have you donated?". Hopefully I'm wrong about this and he stays away and takes care of his family after this terrible event.
I completely agree with this. The video of him covered in soot despite a previously very clean face and vest said enough for me. He keeps changing what he’s saying in everything and the fact he made such a point of saying “2 lads, one of which stood and recorded whilst the other one did it” - he didn’t record, it’s very clear he didn’t.

I’ve never said he’s in on it but I’m much more suspicious since the CCTV video has been posted. I don’t know, maybe it could have been a prank that’s gone really wrong? Some things feels very stages, like the car window being open.

Reactions: 9
I’ve never watched this family before I randomly came across one of their videos with the LFB this morning on tiktok.

All I can think about is that poor family a few years ago who’s 4 kids died when their house got set on fire as part of along running grudge.

The people here who are suggesting they’ve done this for clout are quite simply sick in the head. No parent would risk their kids lives to that extent.

Bye.
He’s already put them at risk with all the videos he’s put up before this even happened, how do you think people managed to find out his address?

Reactions: 9
Wasn’t he saying the other day that there was something wrong with the cars windscreen and that he couldn’t afford to fix it?? Very strange that the amount was set to 50k? It will cost a lot more then that to fix the house.. I honestly think it was a set up gone wrong and the car was only supposed to go up and not the actual house.. my questions are
1 - how did everyone including the pets get out so quickly.

2 - as soon as the car went up on fire you could hear people screaming like they was stood there watching it.
3 - there’s no way someone could have popped that car door open like that so easily and how didn’t they hear it.
4 - the camera zooms in and out of focus like it’s following them?
5 - how come it doesn’t show them running out of the house? I’d love to know if the kids was actually there or not.
6 - It also looks like the front window was open on the car aswell? And when they showed them on the bbc how come the car seats was taken out of the car and put in the garden?

There’s just so many questions and things that just don’t quite sit right with me surely if i can see this many things the police will aswell..
I hope I’m wrong though they are such a lovely family and either way they do have a newborn baby and 2 little girls who are no doubt scared to death

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the family wasn’t already at the ‘safe place’
1. they were in the living room, so could all easily get in the back where his neighbour was outside.
snake didn’t make it.

2. yes nick or Jess shouts the car is on fire run.

3. With the window being already open the car clearly wasn’t locked therefore when he popped it the alarms wouldn’t of gone off the side likes came on when he opened it.

4. yes, although I’ve seen plenty of cctv doing this so not sure if it means anything.

5. as previously said, they all left via the back.

6. This is odd, because that’s not his normal car nor is it the broken car the car he slept in all night is the car we see on Tiktok I’m pretty sure it’s never been a dark car I had no idea he had two cars.

Reactions: 2
Yes he makes questionable life choices and does stupid things… but he’s not the only influencer to plaster his kids all over the internet (there’s literally hundreds maybe even thousands!) which no I don’t agree with at all, I don’t even plaster my own life all over the internet so if I had kids they wouldn’t be on it at all but there’s a big difference between that and fully risking his kids, Jess, amy & jacks lives by setting up a fire. Fire kills. It doesn’t matter whether it was intentional for the house to catch fire, someone could still be injured if they’d of ran out into the fire/there had been an explosion so I don’t believe Nick would ever take a risk like that.
He’s obviously quite naive to how dangerous being on the internet can be but I hope this is now a massive wake up call. Yes he leaked the address himself but it’s scarily easy to find someone’s address these days anyway, they could of easily found it another way if they really wanted to from someone else. I’m guessing the lads are local-ish as well. Either way they shouldn’t be forced out their own home, their area and away from friends and family because of people that clearly have issues to do something like they have done!

Reactions: 4
I’ve just seen some cctv online and 2 young lads go up to a car that is open so that voids all insurance claims surely? And sets the car on fire so I assume this then spread to the house

Reactions: 6
yes this is the cctv.
But what I’m saying is there will be no insurance on said car because it was unlocked the first lad doing something and then the 2nd lad I think is fixing it to make it fire more but I think the fire was not a bin or the house it was just the car that spread due to the crap they had in the garden

Reactions: 4
He’s done two Tiktoks today. Why can’t he just take a break? Go be with your family, ffs!

Reactions: 16
I hate to be this person as it is so desperately sad but none of this seems legit. His latest tiktok is just too much. He needs to take a break and be with his family. I have so many unanswered questions

Reactions: 22
I hate to be this person as it is so desperately sad but none of this seems legit. His latest tiktok is just too much. He needs to take a break and be with his family. I have so many unanswered questions
I agree. That last video is bizarre. The last thing I’d be doing is creating those kind of videos 😳 they’ve gained about half a million more followers since yesterday alone as well

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.