ThePhotoDept Chris Sturm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tagrisso, the medication Chris is going to start is about $18,000 per month but it also is taken every month for the rest of the cancer patient’s life.

The FDA approved Tagrisso in February - just 2 months ago and studies show that when combined with chemotherapy it does increase the median number of months patients diagnosed with metastatic non small cell lung cancer live.
Did Jenny Apple take Tagrisso?

Reactions: 2
Curious....Chris hasn't posted anything on YouTube - I haven't seen anything cancer related on his insta. I'm glad he's not letting it consume his life but I definitely hope he's doing well.

Reactions: 4
I know this thread has gone silent but I do check in on you tube and his insta every so often. Chris hasn't posted in quite some time on you tube (at least one month) but I saw his girlfriend post a picture yesterday. I'm not sure why he's not updating people but I wish him well.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Thanks for this - glad he is getting treatment.

That medication he needs is about $18,000/month and with his type of cancer he needs to take it every month that he lives. Looks like his GoFundMe has stalled at under $60,000. I hope the drug company or a state program is covering the medication for him. If not I think he could move to California and thereby be entitled to buy insurance through the ACA right away under the exception for people who move. Otherwise he has to wait until ACA open enrollment starts sometime in November. Then he can buy insurance effective either Dec1 or January 1 - I don’t remember the earliest effective date available.

He has a new video and says it will be the last cancer update video because it's a photography channel and wants to keep his cancer information more private. The cancer journey is moving to a patreon account. The chemo has affected his appearance so he is standing at a distance, they move to CA July 1 so he can be treated at UCLA and a recent MRI shows that his brain mets are gone. I imagine it was surprising to go from being a relative unknown to having strangers post positive and also many negative comments. Of course he opened himself up by asking for donations from the public. I don't know how many people will subscribe to a patreon account.

I watched the video and have no idea what the title "Truth about My Cancer" means. I didn't hear anything new but maybe I'm wrong. The truth is he has cancer and is being treated for it.

He has a new video and says it will be the last cancer update video because it's a photography channel and wants to keep his cancer information more private. The cancer journey is moving to a patreon account. The chemo has affected his appearance so he is standing at a distance, they move to CA July 1 so he can be treated at UCLA and a recent MRI shows that his brain mets are gone. I imagine it was surprising to go from being a relative unknown to having strangers post positive and also many negative comments. Of course he opened himself up by asking for donations from the public. I don't know how many people will subscribe to a patreon account.

I watched the video and have no idea what the title "Truth about My Cancer" means. I didn't hear anything new but maybe I'm wrong. The truth is he has cancer and is being treated for it.

Thanks for the summary of his video, The one fact I know about his cancer is that the $18,000/month drug that he needs is somethjng people with his type of cancer need to take every month for the rest of their lives, His GoFundMe isn’t generating $18,000/month,

Hopefully with his move to California he will be able to buy medical insurance under the Affordable Care Act so that drug will be covered. I think if you move you can enroll in an ACA insurance plan despite it not being the annual open enrollment period.

If he and his girlfriend don’t have strong family ties where they live now it makes sense to move to California for however much time he has left. In California they won’t have to deal with snow and ice in winter and in many California cities the weather is beautiful year round, except for some foggy mornings in some locations,

All my life I wondered who in the world buys deodorant because I could not imagine not needing antiperspirant. The first time I went to California was a birthday trip to Los Angeles. I thought “aha! it doesn’t get hot here so I bet people use deodorant instead of antiperspirant!“

In the summer there is hot weather in cities that are not near the coast like Pasadena where the temp can hit the low 90’s in the summer. Those cities that are not near the coast are less expensive to live in of course.
---
OMG i am watching his video and WTF?
1-he assumed chemo would make his hair fall out instead of looking up the side effects for the chemo his oncologist put him on. That chemo usually doesn’t cause hair loss.
2- he screwed up his daytime nausea med Zofran and nighttime nausea med Zyprexa.

Due to my recent medical crisis and surgery I was on 5 prescription meds last week and now I am on 4 prescription meds. When I got out of the hospital I wrote a spreadsheet to track what meds I take and when each day. This is just common sense.

Anyone with a critical medical condition meds to be organized so they take their meds on time - and to check the labels on the bottles to make sure they are taking the correct ones. It can be seriously dangerous to mess up the dosage and timing of some meds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I'm going to be very blunt - Chris is not a likeable guy to me. He seems arrogant, he jumped on the GFM gravy train, got $57k towards treatment and now wants privacy? I would never publicly beg for $, announce my cancer diagnosis, etc. Kudos to him for wanting to take his cancer journey private. But is he? He'll continue to vlog for people to pay to watch on patreon 😂 i wish him the best but I wouldn't continue to watch him on you tube let alone subscribe to his patreon 🙄

I'm going to be very blunt - Chris is not a likeable guy to me. He seems arrogant, he jumped on the GFM gravy train, got $57k towards treatment and now wants privacy? I would never publicly beg for $, announce my cancer diagnosis, etc. Kudos to him for wanting to take his cancer journey private. But is he? He'll continue to vlog for people to pay to watch on patreon 😂 i wish him the best but I wouldn't continue to watch him on you tube let alone subscribe to his patreon 🙄
I feel the same - when he insisted on driving after getting diagnosed with brain mets I was appalled that he would put other people at risk. I never believed his claim that his doctors said it was ok for him to do that. I also don’t like how he refused to get insurance under the ACA then when he got diagnosed with cancer he expected state and/or federal programs to pay for his treatment.

I feel the same - when he insisted on driving after getting diagnosed with brain mets I was appalled that he would put other people at risk. I never believed his claim that his doctors said it was ok for him to do that. I also don’t like how he refused to get insurance under the ACA then when he got diagnosed with cancer he expected state and/or federal programs to pay for his treatment.
I completely agree. His GFM raised $50k in such a short amount of time - then stalled. I do have to question if that has any part in taking his cancer journey off you tube? He was completely happy to announce, "I have cancer" to the world when thousands of dollars were pouring in.

I think that is spot on. Because the GoTundMe has stalled he is pivoting to an “exclusive” mechanism that he can charge money for. I guess it’s “can’t hurt, might help.”

Good question. I don’t remember. But it was available when she was alive, at least for people in clinical trials. It seems very very good at extending life for people with this type of lung cancer if they stay on it.
Ivory from Ivory's Diary was on Tagrisso, she was told it would work for about 19 months. In this video from Oct 2022 she had been on it for 20 months and her Stage 4 disease was stable. She looked so well at this time in the video ... but dammit the Tagrisso soon stopped working and she passed away in early May 2023. She was Mom to a teenage daughter and to a son who was around 6 years old when she passed. Her vlogs are very informative about her cancer and treatments. Unlike someone else ...

Ivory from Ivory's Diary was on Tagrisso, she was told it would work for about 19 months. In this video from Oct 2022 she had been on it for 20 months and her Stage 4 disease was stable. She looked so well at this time in the video ... but dammit the Tagrisso soon stopped working and she passed away in early May 2023. She was Mom to a teenage daughter and to a son who was around 6 years old when she passed. Her vlogs are very informative about her cancer and treatments. Unlike someone else ...
These stories are heartbreaking - patients who are lucky enough to find a drug that stabilizes them and they get back to something very close to their regular lives. Then thepie cancers find a way to evade the drugs and take their lives. I know it’s better than them not getting the extra months or years, but it is horrific for the patients and their loved ones and the doctors and nurses who care for them.

• Sad