Themepark Worldwide #4 Shawn's gaining, Charlotte's complaining, is it entertaining?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like that he called this one awesome as they allowed him to take his camera… so fickle. I find it so dumb that his experience was dampened on the last track walk because HE couldn’t document it.
They did go on the Oblivion experience to film it and paid £80. It's not a shock that they'd be annoyed when the filming policy was changed last minute. How is that dumb? For him, that's content he won't get and a vlogger like him lives for content, like a teen lives for likes on their social media. I'd like to do a track walk, it's not worth £80 but it would still be great to do for theme park or coaster fans.

Reactions: 8
They did go on the Oblivion experience to film it and paid £80. It's not a shock that they'd be annoyed when the filming policy was changed last minute. How is that dumb? For him, that's content he won't get and a vlogger like him lives for content, like a teen lives for likes on their social media. I'd like to do a track walk, it's not worth £80 but it would still be great to do for theme park or coaster fans.
You can’t dislike an experience because they wouldn’t allow you to film it because that’s not a part of the experience. Most people experiencing these rip off experiences do it for the love of coasters. Lots of things don’t allow filming but you can’t say it’s a poor experience because of that, end of the day he is not professional media so to parks he is just a customer and as he says, safety is paramount. There is a reason they stopped videos and photos on that experience at such short notice.

I don’t know why content creators for social media feel like they have the right to do what they want and get annoyed when companies set out their own rules.

And in all honesty he doesn’t need the content, they were both boring vlogs including the one he could film on in the middle of 8+hrs of waaaay too much content. Keep it. Oh, I can’t wait for parks to put a full ban on vlogging.

Reactions: 4
You can’t dislike an experience because they wouldn’t allow you to film it because that’s not a part of the experience. Most people experiencing these rip off experiences do it for the love of coasters. Lots of things don’t allow filming but you can’t say it’s a poor experience because of that, end of the day he is not professional media so to parks he is just a customer and as he says, safety is paramount. There is a reason they stopped videos and photos on that experience at such short notice.

I don’t know why content creators for social media feel like they have the right to do what they want and get annoyed when companies set out their own rules.

And in all honesty he doesn’t need the content, they were both boring vlogs including the one he could film on in the middle of 8+hrs of waaaay too much content. Keep it. Oh, I can’t wait for parks to put a full ban on vlogging.
If you watch the review you'll see the camera ban was only one complaint of many. It did not sound like the VIP experience you'd expect of a premium ticketed event.

Reactions: 5
Happy Easter from the Sandbrookes - ANOTHER 50 minute vlog at Alton Towers for your weekend pleasure, just in case something may have changed since last week, FFS!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
If you watch the review you'll see the camera ban was only one complaint of many. It did not sound like the VIP experience you'd expect of a premium ticketed event.
Is there a specific listing of what's going to happen and it didn't? Or is it something that's different depending on who take you on the tour? The latter is kind of what I'd expect. Does it spell out vloggers can get 10 videos out of it? Is he supposed to be getting golden chicken nuggets?
The reality is he's upset he wasn't treat like he's the Ken Burns of theme parks.

Reactions: 2
I bet Alton Towers must be fed up of him in almost every vlog he's done he has always had something negative to say about something or other if not then he's nitpicking at stuff. Alton Towers isn't at it's best right now but they are trying I guess

Reactions: 1
I bet Alton Towers must be fed up of him in almost every vlog he's done he has always had something negative to say about something or other if not then he's nitpicking at stuff. Alton Towers isn't at it's best right now but they are trying I guess
And that's kind of everything, isn't it? I don't know what their profit margins are or if they're in the red. Also, most places like that plan out years in advance and then I'd assume each year revisit based on how the prior year had been. I don't think that enters his thought process, it's just 'I wanted this and it isn't like that'.

Reactions: 1
I cannot watch it for the pure cringe it has all about it. Even the preview with no audio and subtitles is making me squirm!
The Shed of Pure Themepark Tat

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I haven't got the time or energy to keep up with the amount of repetitive content they're churning out at the moment. I tried to watch the most recent one about AT during the Easter hols but complaining about 55 min queue times and the vinyl stickers on the monorail sent me to sleep. I swear I can smell that Nemesis Reborn hoody, a faint pong of rainwater and stale nuggets. Has he taken it off since he bought it?

• Haha
  • Sad
I cannot watch it for the pure cringe it has all about it. Even the preview with no audio and subtitles is making me squirm!
The Shed of Pure Themepark Tat
Um, excuse me… it’s a museum of tat

• Haha
If Shawn had a purple cowboy hat he'd be the spitting image of the Bookworm's embalmed corpse.

• Haha
Ahh bless him. Big glass of orange squash and gave out a big ‘ahhhhh’ after taking a swig.
Maybe not allowed on the hard stuff during a school night
---
I was looking up Alton Towers eateries earlier today for an upcoming visit and came across a Reddit post where someone had posted a link to a YT video with the comment ‘this guy seems to know what he is talking about’.
Of course who pops up but the Face of Alton Towers!!!
I had to reply to the post with the suggestion to not take food advice from someone who has the pallet of a four year old and does not go beyond chicken nuggies and a plain hotdog.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Jesus, how about parents tell the kids no to chicken nuggets 400 times a week and give them something different?

Unfortunately filming is part of everything now, every experience and every trip, event, night out etc. The point is the experience here was mad expensive at £80 and the park were unprofessional not advising until the day before that no filming or photography was allowed. If I'd paid that much money I'd want at least my own photograph. And it wasn't just the photography issue that was complained about, so it's not fair to see they complained just because of the photography issue.

These places are private businesses. All of these things are done by their rules based on what they set forth, want to provide and think is safe.
To me it’s akin to a cruise not going to a port. They don’t have to tell you the reason for changing itinerary. They generally will, but it’s completely their decision.

Reactions: 2