thelincolnshaws - Darran and Tim

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know. I know they said L would like a baby sister. Although sometimes if there is a biological sibling then they will ask the adoptive parents.
I wondered if it was the modelling.

Oh god just had a thought…
In the style male range?

Looks like whoever said they are going to get Leo into something was right. He’s in the Red Nose Day promo. Great cause, obviously, but quite clear where this is going now 😒

Tim works from home, not sure what he does exactly. And he’s just started doing a wax melt business. Darran used to work but now does Insta and is I’d guess main caregiver to Leo.

Reactions: 1
I did wonder. Only just come across them. Not to sure what to make. D seems alright. Big mates with Emily?

I think D gave up work when they adopted and T seemed to start working from home in the pandemic. Have seen him going in to the office and staying over. He’s started his wax melt business. I think D’s main income is the adverts on Instagram. It allows him to be at home for L.
They are very good friends with Emily that they visit and she visits. There’s been talk of them throwing shade at PTWM recently.

• Wow
So they cancelled their free motorhome trip due to their car seat being isofix and the motor home not having isofix points. I thought their son was now in a forward facing high back booster? I have the Joie Trillo and I'm sure there's is that brand (maybe a different model). The isofix is optional, it's the seat belt that secures the child and keeps them safe, the isofix is to mainly stop the car seat moving about when it's empty, unlike the seats like the 360. If that wasn't the case, they could have picked him up a decent high back booster for £40 and still had their free holiday.

So anyone curious what’s gone on with these two, have they tried to adopt again and it hasn’t worked out

Reactions: 4
So anyone curious what’s gone on with these two, have they tried to adopt again and it hasn’t worked out
Yes that’s what thru said yesterday and that they chose not to go ahead with it. It was a little girl apparently.

The way it reads is that they never met the girl, they were matched and were about to meet her. Leo always sounds like he's wanted a sibling, as I'm sure Darren and Tim have mentioned this before. I'm sure before that they said when they adopted Leo they weren't sure if would ever speak, he's also deaf and had some emotional needs too, so he had some additional needs at the point of adoption. I do wonder if they were looking at another child with additional needs and due to the complexity of that child's needs they have realised that they may not cope with already having a child to look after. Leo is clearly thriving with his dads, so it's a shame it hasn't worked out, but it's much better to step away now than later down the process. I can see why they are so upset.

Reactions: 2
A friend of mine was matched 3 times to children and for various reasons they fell through. Then they were matched with a child who they did adopt. She said she was devastated all 3 times as the process is so Indepth but she did say she just had to wait until their daughter was the child they were meant to have. She often thinks about the children that she learned so much about but never met.

Reactions: 4
France has passed laws prohibiting “influencers” ”tik tokers” from using their children on Social Media
be great if they did the same here …

The French National Assembly has passed legislation banning parents from sharing children's photos on social media platforms. The bill proposed by French MP Bruno Studer of President Emmanuel Macron's party was approved unanimously.

Reactions: 2
I liked Darren & Tim, but they blocked me after I asked a question about PTWM, that was back in the day when they were mates and before what ever went down between Rach & Emily!

• Wow
I liked Darren & Tim, but they blocked me after I asked a question about PTWM, that was back in the day when they were mates and before what ever went down between Rach & Emily!
What did you ask? I like them both too, just wasn't keen on them revealing Leo's face and name so early on.

Why do they talk about the adoption THEY pulled out of as if a death has occurred?! I appreciate the disappointment, but it was literally their decision and they’re talking about it like someone died!? I genuinely thought that something tragic had happened