The Winter of Discontent #2 Food, energy, transport, jobs, housing etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My local M&S hasn't had my favourite crisps in for weeks. Jalapeño and cheese flavour. Last pack I had was August Bank Holiday. They could have discontinued them for all the Xmas stock.

Reactions: 2
My sainsburys local at the end of the street looks like it's been ransacked.
For the past 4 days now it's had empty fridges and freezers (milk ok nothing else) and the shelves have items but lots of gaps

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Morrison’s have restricted crisp purchases to 4 packs in my local store. It’s still only crisps that I’m seeing a lack of, everything else is plentiful.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
When I was in Asda at the weekend there really wasn't a lot of variety of crisps so some sort of panic struck in me and I felt the need to buy a 18 pack of hula hoops, 24 pack of walkers and a multipack of wotsits. Even at the till as I was scanning them I thought "you are the problem Wilma" but clearly when I was stood in that aisle I just couldn't bear the thought of not being able to buy crisps in a while so stocked up 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Might be a conspiracy theory, but I believe Pepsico (owner of Walkers) started this shortage themselves to drive up demand like the BP whistleblower. 🤪 Currently £17.99 for a box of 32 on Amazon.

I'll only get worried when the mince pies are affected.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Was in Asda earlier, looked like they'd just had a delivery, barely any room to get my trolley through, lots of staff on the shop floor (which is unusual) most of them grumpy as hell, crisps aisle replenished, everything else seemed fine.

On another note cucumbers have been horrible for the past month or so, over-riped wherever I'm buying them from, pain because my lo loves eating cucumber after dinner almost everyday.

Reactions: 4
Morrison’s have restricted crisp purchases to 4 packs in my local store. It’s still only crisps that I’m seeing a lack of, everything else is plentiful.
A sign of things to come :eek:
We'll be on ration books soon, and those taste terrible!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
If chocolate and cake supplies start dwindling or anyone speaks of rations on those I WILL lose my tit

• Heart
  • Haha
My sainsburys local at the end of the street looks like it's been ransacked.
For the past 4 days now it's had empty fridges and freezers (milk ok nothing else) and the shelves have items but lots of gaps
Noticed that at the little one in the centre f my city as well. Especially the crisps. Only salt and vinegar left

Noticed that at the little one in the centre f my city as well. Especially the crisps. Only salt and vinegar left
Tesco had no crisps for meal deals today. Also seemed to be lacking on meal deal fruit packages

Anyway, what's going on with crisps???

Reactions: 1
Walkers upgraded their IT system which has reduced their output, so they say. There was a poor potato crop last year anyway.

Reactions: 5
Tesco had no crisps for meal deals today. Also seemed to be lacking on meal deal fruit packages

Anyway, what's going on with crisps???
Potatoes shortage according to my local waitrose

Reactions: 3
So glad to find this thread!! Our electric has gone up by 150 a month… and we are on oil. I’ve been waiting three weeks for my delivery and hopefully it’s tomorrow… but it’s double! I have a log fire , which keeps a part of downstairs warm but I’ve had to buy heaters for the kids rooms which in turn is gonna cost so much! We are relatively ok financially… normally! But the cost of living is worrying me! In this day and age people should not have to choose between eating or heating, I’ve stacks of coats from my kids that I’m giving away to locals that need it, also certain food parcels I make up each week for someone in need. But why are we doing this?! Close the borders for a start surely! We can’t look after the population we have!

• Wow
Close the borders? They can’t give away visas for people to come here and drive the trucks to deliver your oil!!!
Should have closed the borders to stop all the EU nationals (who kept the UK running) from leaving, more like.
There’s enough food and electric it’s just more expensive 🙄
people desperate enough to try to cross from France in this weather aren’t taking your leccy

• Heart
Reactions: 26
No frozen coated fish at all in tesco this evening.

Plenty of coated chicken. But the whole section for fish was empty. Wasn't even as if the freezer was broken as it was freezing cold and part of a long line where the ones either side were fine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.