The Winter of Discontent #2 Food, energy, transport, jobs, housing etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are courses run for medical staff who are refugees to convert their qualifications- your NHS gaps are being plugged by refugee nurses and doctors from Syria and Afghanistan.
Like most famines, there’s enough to go around, it’s just not affordable to everyone.
To be fair much as I like coming on here for updates on crisps, I could survive without them. I’m not down to eating porridge cooked over candlelight just yet.

Reactions: 15
Aluminium shortage announced on radio...cue panic buying of tinned goods.

I could survive without crisps..packed lunches would look a little bare though. Currently it seems only people with brand loyalty are suffering.

I think things are missing but the supermarkets are very good at concealing it (putting other items in their place) so much so you don't miss it until you want that particular item eg could not get chorizo on Monday.

For all Xmas mums sainsburys half price toy event starts today 🎅

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I think to some degree shortages would do society good. We over consume so much

Reactions: 12
I think to some degree shortages would do society good. We over consume so much
Poorest would be effected the most though. Shortages created by increased demand also raises prices.

I also remember reading stories of parents with autistic children who could only have one particular brand because of the texture.

Sorry to disappoint but it will be the 1880s so no big hair or legwarmers.
Bring back the workhouses too for all the feckless folk. I just see it as being survival of the richest.

Reactions: 6
It's gone up again 🙃 I think it was 149 last week!
where is this if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Wales and it's gone down (Albeit from 142 to 141.7).

Also plenty of crisps in my local Asda. I'm starting to think there's something going on England... I'm fully ready to wap out the conspiracy theories at this rate 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Poorest would be effected the most though. Shortages created by increased demand also raises prices.

I also remember reading stories of parents with autistic children who could only have one particular brand because of the texture.

Bring back the workhouses too for all the feckless folk. I just see it as being survival of the richest.
My son is autistic and is ridiculous for brands. I can only buy Aunt Bessie Roasties, Only proper pringles, only proper salt n vinegar crisps (Walkers), The only thing I can buy the cheaper versions of is the cereals. But even mccains chips at £2.50 a bag and he wont eat Icelands £1 bags because apparently they taste like cardboard. He lives on the beige diet. I'm glad he eats though as there was a time he didnt eat anything and was really underweight.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
where is this if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Wales and it's gone down (Albeit from 142 to 141.7).

Also plenty of crisps in my local Asda. I'm starting to think there's something going on England... I'm fully ready to wap out the conspiracy theories at this rate 🤣
I'm in East Devon

My son is autistic and is ridiculous for brands. I can only buy Aunt Bessie Roasties, Only proper pringles, only proper salt n vinegar crisps (Walkers), The only thing I can buy the cheaper versions of is the cereals. But even mccains chips at £2.50 a bag and he wont eat Icelands £1 bags because apparently they taste like cardboard. He lives on the beige diet. I'm glad he eats though as there was a time he didnt eat anything and was really underweight.
Absolutely the worst for you as you need the specific thing. Our local FB group sometimes has shout outs for the same reason, I think plastic straws was a big one for a while.

Aluminium shortage announced on radio...cue panic buying of tinned goods.

I could survive without crisps..packed lunches would look a little bare though. Currently it seems only people with brand loyalty are suffering.

I think things are missing but the supermarkets are very good at concealing it (putting other items in their place) so much so you don't miss it until you want that particular item eg could not get chorizo on Monday.

For all Xmas mums sainsburys half price toy event starts today 🎅
My nephew is autistic and loves Quavers, it's one of 3 solid "foods" he eats, tried own brand versions - all the supermarkets but no, has to be the originals. He's the same with hot chocolate, he'll only have a certain one.

Same for my nephew. He's so picky, so it's hard for people in this situation.

• Heart
The other day I right fancied a sausage bean and cheese bake from Greg's as not had one in ages, the lady told me they'd not been able to get any for a few months so I had to make do with cheese and onion 😭 and as if that wasn't bad enough, Aldi haven't had my beloved Walter and Wendy worm sweets in months.
I had problems with kitten food too for a bit but thankfully that seems OK now 🤞🏻

• Heart
  • Wow
The other day I right fancied a sausage bean and cheese bake from Greg's as not had one in ages, the lady told me they'd not been able to get any for a few months
I just had to make a similar choice!

I can deal with restrictions and can just about cope with rationing of crisps but this is unquestionably a sign of the end times :eek:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

I can deal with restrictions and can just about cope with rationing of crisps but this is unquestionably a sign of the end times :eek:
I went into a slight panic and didn't know what else to get, cheese and onion just came out of my mouth lol. Didn't even eat it, they don't taste as good as they did when I was younger.

• Haha
I went into a slight panic and didn't know what else to get, cheese and onion just came out of my mouth lol. Didn't even eat it, they don't taste as good as they did when I was younger.

Lol 🤣 too heavy for me, cause indigestion, joys of ageing

Reactions: 2

Iceland have a small range of Gregg products you could stock up on.

• Heart
The other day I right fancied a sausage bean and cheese bake from Greg's as not had one in ages, the lady told me they'd not been able to get any for a few months so I had to make do with cheese and onion 😭 and as if that wasn't bad enough, Aldi haven't had my beloved Walter and Wendy worm sweets in months.
I had problems with kitten food too for a bit but thankfully that seems OK now 🤞🏻
It was on social media a few months ago that people were kicking off because they thought Greggs had cancelled the sausage and bean melts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.