Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maid22

VIP Member
I actually quite like this weather. It's about 20 degrees here on the East coast and I think that's just right. Cool enough to be able to walk around and do things without sweating your nuts off but not so cool that you need a jumper etc.

40 degrees is awful and I hated that hot weather we had last year 😬
Agree, though am abit pissed of with so much rain, and we've had a hose pipe ban for what seems years!
But couldn't cope with the temps abroad, it's currently 18 here, just right!

Reactions: 4
The worst thing about the heat in September is not being able to open the windows for fear of letting in those horrid massively sized eight legged monsters 😱

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Vroomvroom

Chatty Member
It was meant to get better from today, instead I’ve got a cold and it’s still raining. Genuinely feels like October!

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Totally fed up of it! Same as others have said was forecast lovely this morning, which it was, slightly cloudy but sunny in parts and 16 degrees
This afternoon torrential rain which hasn’t stopped since 4pm

• Sad

MsGilmore

VIP Member
It's only affecting the South - so it's massive headline news on the BBC
I didn’t want to say because the Channel Islands looks badly affected, but I agree! People were having to use boats to travel around Chesterfield a few weeks ago, but this is big news because it affects the South!

zetta buttons

VIP Member
18th feb and I’m sat in garden wearing shorts in the north east! Don’t think this will last though 🤣
You’re braver than me. I’ve just come back from walking the dog and I had a fleecy coat on 🤣🤣🤣. This will probably be the warmest it gets up here !

• Haha

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I came out with no coat and wearing sandals because it was lovely and warm with a good forecast this morning so of course there's now thunderstorm warnings from lunchtime

• Sad

Rosie glow

VIP Member
and can it hold off Friday too we have dinner and a show booked and I'm really looking forward to it

Elle Woods

VIP Member
We’ve got really strong winds here, it’s awful! The temperature is alright but you can’t sit in your garden and enjoy it because you’d be blown away 😂 having said that my washing did dry on the line in less than an hour yesterday 😆

emmer_moans

VIP Member
First bit of warmth for me in the East midlands this afternoon after what feels like 2.5 weeks of rain and overcast skies. I don’t want Europe’s heatwave but some 25 degree sunny days wouldn’t go amiss.

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
I was in Tesco and looked wistfully at the long cardigans and a nice olive green one came home with me. I may have also bought hot chocolate. With all these drizzly rainy days all i want to do is curl up in warm clothes with a book and a hot drink :ROFLMAO: I did want more sun last week but feel like i’ve acclimatised to Autumn now it’s been 5 weeks of rain. Summer, you had your chance but blew it.

I do wonder if we’ll get a warn September instead :unsure:
I have despised the last few years of warm September/October months😖 I really hope it’s not like that this year but I have a feeling it will be! Sometimes I feel like we go straight from summer to winter without a proper autumn and it’s my favourite season so would hate it being skipped🫠

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
One thing I fear about winter is the harshness and not being able to dry my clothes as well. Although I think I'm going to be a dehumidifier in advance of Autumn/Winter. I was poorly prepped last year. The increase in bills aren't a big deal as I can wear more layers of clothing and spend time at friends/family's homes, so I can avoid hefty bills.
I feel the same about the clothes thing - my partner refuses to have any of his clothes tumble dried bar socks and underwear as they ‘shrink’ so it’s a nightmare fighting the tiny airer to dry thick hoodies and joggers that end up sopping wet and stinking once dried🙃 gives me literal anxiety thinking about doing it all over again! Stuck living with the in laws so can’t exactly fit a heated airer or anything in

• Sad

Happy35

I am in the North East, today it is really windy but at least it is dry, rain forecast for the rest of the week - more like Autumn than summer