Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Warpaint

VIP Member
It seems to be either mega heat wave or decidedly average in the UK. Never a nice sunny 22c all Summer long.

Reactions: 5

Pivot

VIP Member
I've honestly had enough now. Haven't posted for a while because thankfully the last 6 weeks have been ok(for summer anyway) thought we had got away without anymore hot weather but no. I had 3 hours sleep last night so this had better be the last warm night as I'm knackered and fed up. And yes to those who think they have SAD but in the summer. I'm fairly convinced I have it, my whole mood is totally dependant on if the sun is out or not. I could cry with happiness that it's going to be 16 and rainy where I am on Tuesday!

• Heart

Beggars belief

VIP Member
I actually got into a heated debate (pun not intended) with my coworkers as my boss said there could be enough budget for the engineering team go for a rest & retreat week abroad and 70% of the team think Portugal/Spain would be amazing, rent a villa, enjoy the sunshine etc. But then there's the 30%, of which I'm a part of, who think that sun holiday sounds nightmarish and are insisting a remote snow cabin in one of the Scandinavian countries is a much better option.

I've noticed a trend, that those of us who are fighting for the cold holiday are the introverts and we all happen to be gamers as well lol. Oh well, more hot chocolate for us I guess?

You are welcome to join me and my other three coworkers who want to stay in a remote cabin, drink hot chocolate and play cozy games lol
That would be absolutely amazing 🤩 can you imagine? Log burner… thick jumpers and marshmallows 😝
---
I have never and by the way I do not judge anyone that does! Paid to go to somewhere hot lol
I am probably so narky about the heat because I have a dog 🤦‍♀️ he is being such a drama queen lol he has fur big deal 🤨 I have kankles that are painfully swollen 😆

Last edited:
  • Heart

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Yesterday I was freezing I couldn't get warm and today its boiling im sweating you can't make the British weather up 🤣

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I'm firmly team summer - absolutely hate this torrential rain. Scared about heating costs for winter & how I'm going to dry my clothes

zetta buttons

VIP Member
I prefer this compared to the high 30s we had 2 years ago (I get stressed about the dog in those temps) but the constant rain is getting me down. Everything is mossy and soggy.

I just would like 17 all year, dry.

Fanx.

PurvyPanda

VIP Member
I am looking forward to being able to have the duvet over me again. Usually I would be completely underneath it. Even my head. I feel quite vulnerable at night not being able to hide underneath it. A hangover from my childhood experiencing sleep paralysis.

Reactions: 4

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
The rain this morning is horrendous! So sick of this, no sign of sun in the forecast here all week 😭

• Sad

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Omg this wind 🌪🤯.

Awoke to a clatter, the attic hatch door has lifted off and disappeared in to the attic somewhere. Husbands away over night so guess it's staying there!.

• Wow

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I was in Tesco and looked wistfully at the long cardigans and a nice olive green one came home with me. I may have also bought hot chocolate. With all these drizzly rainy days all i want to do is curl up in warm clothes with a book and a hot drink :ROFLMAO: I did want more sun last week but feel like i’ve acclimatised to Autumn now it’s been 5 weeks of rain. Summer, you had your chance but blew it.

I do wonder if we’ll get a warn September instead :unsure:

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
I love autumn weather but this is making me depressed. Think I’ve had my washing out only a couple times over this ‘summer’🤦🏻‍♀️ honestly just want some warm days, sunshine and being able to do outdoor things😩

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
At the end of May, I removed the winter part of my duvet. I’ve been sleeping terribly for the last week or so — I realised it’s because it’s been so cold! I’ve put the sheet back on tonight. 🥶

JulesWake

Chatty Member
My therapist told me that whilst seasonal affective disorder is often associated with the winter months, when there's less sunlight and the days are shorter, there's also a summer version of SAD which I seem to struggle with. I feel a lot of societal and social pressure during the warmer months to be happy, take part in more social events and embrace every single day. I also hated Summer as a kid as I had a very difficult relationship with my mother who was a teacher. As I was on my school holidays, and she'd be off work, she'd spend the Summer holidays terrorising me.

Every September, even as an adult, I feel that same sense of relief that I felt as a child going back to school.
I never knew it could also impact one during the summer, now I am convinced I have what you describe. I actually get a bit anxious, not wanting to see Winter end.

I see nothing fun about being really hot, sticky, sweaty, overheated. It's comforting to see others have the same views. Sorry about your past as a kid; ((((HUGS)))))

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
It's crazy how much impact the weather can have on your mood. I feel so much happier now it's a bit cooler and there's a nice breeze! I've been a miserable cow for weeks :ROFLMAO:
Same, I’ve got my boots and jumpers back out as it’s a mere 14 degrees here today. Kinda wonderful.